What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ASHES: 4th Test Australia v England, Old Trafford Sept 4-9

VictoryFC

Bench
People think Paine is a clueless captain. he was playing 4d cricket. He blew the review knowing that it would help England over the line, taking away his decision, and stopping people like braindrain questioning his captaincy.

I'm talking about just about every player on the team who has been "the reason we're losing" essentially since Clarke retired...they've all had their turn.

There are plenty here who are guilty of exaggerating. I'm sure even the biggest haters will admit to that, deep down.

However, we're talking about the guy who is in charge and who makes the decisions on the field for the team. The DRS has become so influential in the game yet he hasn't got a clue how to use it properly.

He pissed one away at such a crucial moment in the match last test but that seems to have taught him nothing. It's his inability to learn from his mistakes that's the most concerning thing.

Bazal

Post Whore
Hmmm, despite all the handwringing and bedwetting, we've bowled them out pretty much exactly when we would have wanted to time wise and with a commanding lead.

Fancy that

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I'm being serious here, but most of the stuff you've said in this thread shows you barely watch cricket. If you really think we were gonna send them in again, this must be your first test match. Admittedly, I've only been watching cricket for 20 years, but the only time that a captain would send his bowlers in again is if the forecast for tomorrow suggested rain. Since it doesn't, it was never going to happen.

So stfu and stick to taking pot shots at Lyon.
Wow the quick got the wicket. We should of kept bowling Lyon lol.

The corn in my morning AGB has you covered for cricket knowledge. I never said anything about sending them back in you dopey oxygen thief.

I couldn’t believe Lyon was bowling ahead of Cummins or Haze: tell me again how many wicket Lyon got again??? He bowled fast and shit and berg looked Iike getting a wicket. Go the Ayyyyyyyyye League!!!!

Eelectrica

Referee
I'm being serious here, but most of the stuff you've said in this thread shows you barely watch cricket. If you really think we were gonna send them in again, this must be your first test match. Admittedly, I've only been watching cricket for 20 years, but the only time that a captain would send his bowlers in again is if the forecast for tomorrow suggested rain. Since it doesn't, it was never going to happen.

So stfu and stick to taking pot shots at Lyon.
Certainly we were never enforcing a follow on.
Still prefer more time and a longer break for our bowlers before declaring.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Well you're always a bit emotional normally not an absolute pea-brained f**kwit so I figured it must be something.

Gary not shouting, then? Someone pinched your scooter?
You honestly think Lyon should of been bowling ahead of Haze or Cummins???

Lyon 0 for a shipload, but keep taking pot shots. Lyon bowled absolute poo this morning as his figures prove it.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
People think Paine is a clueless captain. he was playing 4d cricket. He blew the review knowing that it would help England over the line, taking away his decision, and stopping people like braindrain questioning his captaincy.
LOL.

Dude puff puff pass.

VictoryFC

Bench
Mark Taylor saying we need 400 as well.

Tubby may want to look at all the successful 4th innings chases in England of 300+. I think he's just being conservative. If we play aggressive and score 4 an over, we'll get 400 anyway, so I'm guessing that's all he meant. I very much doubt Tubby is concerned about us defending 300-350 on a day 5 pitch.

Bazal

Post Whore
You honestly think Lyon should of been bowling ahead of Haze or Cummins???

Lyon 0 for a shipload, but keep taking pot shots. Lyon bowled absolute poo this morning as his figures prove it.

Except I readily said I would also have hooked him after a couple if he didn't get a wicket, so keep shitting through the keyboard bro. What you failed to understand was that the ball was spinning, and the quicks can't bowl every over.

You've been taking pot shots all night and you wanna whinge when someone gives it back. Harden up, you sound like IBM.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Tubby may want to look at all the successful 4th innings chases in England of 300+. I think he's just being conservative. If we play aggressive and score 4 an over, we'll get 400 anyway, so I'm guessing that's all he meant. I very much doubt Tubby is concerned about us defending 300-350 on a day 5 pitch.
lol yeah Tubby has no idea, yeah you should email him and send give him a clue.

Latest posts