What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Gold Coast

Belta

Juniors
3. Leilua
2. Aitken
1. Ford

Pearson played better than usual. Vaughan always gives 100%. Sailor is terrible, needs at least another year in the lower grades.
Our spine were rubbish as usual but I blame the coaches for that as much as the players themselves.

A lot of good points but I’m surprised you haven’t mentioned Widdop. We’ve all different opinions but a thought he had an inspirational game (personally I think that would be hard to do under the circumstances of how the season unfolded and all the criticism surrounding their season) Says a lot about his character.

In our spine I thought Robson looked creative and made some really incisive runs, but all in all the Norman, Hunt and Robson had little to no combinations. Whoever plays fullback next year needs to watch clips of the Papenhuyzen.

Pearson was surprisingly good but has probably been a victim of our poor centres.

Can’t give Aitken any praise even when he plays good because I can’t overcome his deficiencies. Him and Lafai he been very poor but both played better. For me it’s a case of ‘too little too late’.

Another strong effort by Vaughan. Horrible to think our season could of been much worse if for some reason Vaughan was out for an extended period.

Agree that Sailor looks to be an attacking weapon but it was apparent he needs a lot of work on his defence, and probably to small to handle a wing spot in modern day league.

blacksafake

First Grade
Hunt, along with Frizzel, Lomax, Sims and Widdop, are team members who are in the camp Mary put offside with his handling of the JDB situation. I would also suspect they (and especially their wives) are uncomfortable having him around at training. I don't have straight up proof of this, but as someone who follows every player and even their wives on Instagram, you tend to be able to put these things together based on certain comments and who likes them. Hunts wife I know was tearing into Mary when he was "rested" a week late after Origin 3 and got plenty of likes from others....

Just anothereason why that's a shocking decision by the club. It wasn't JDB not playing that ruined our season. It was keeping him involved in the entire training regime that created an actively uncomfortable work environment for the players
I tend to agree for similar reasons, just reading between the lines.

Como Connection

First Grade
Hunt, along with Frizzel, Lomax, Sims and Widdop, are team members who are in the camp Mary put offside with his handling of the JDB situation. I would also suspect they (and especially their wives) are uncomfortable having him around at training. I don't have straight up proof of this, but as someone who follows every player and even their wives on Instagram, you tend to be able to put these things together based on certain comments and who likes them. Hunts wife I know was tearing into Mary when he was "rested" a week late after Origin 3 and got plenty of likes from others....

Just anothereason why that's a shocking decision by the club. It wasn't JDB not playing that ruined our season. It was keeping him involved in the entire training regime that created an actively uncomfortable work environment for the players
Correct about Mrs Frizz.
CC

kit66

Bench
A lot of good points but I’m surprised you haven’t mentioned Widdop. We’ve all different opinions but a thought he had an inspirational game (personally I think that would be hard to do under the circumstances of how the season unfolded and all the criticism surrounding their season) Says a lot about his character.

In our spine I thought Robson looked creative and made some really incisive runs, but all in all the Norman, Hunt and Robson had little to no combinations. Whoever plays fullback next year needs to watch clips of the Papenhuyzen.

Pearson was surprisingly good but has probably been a victim of our poor centres.

Can’t give Aitken any praise even when he plays good because I can’t overcome his deficiencies. Him and Lafai he been very poor but both played better. For me it’s a case of ‘too little too late’.

Another strong effort by Vaughan. Horrible to think our season could of been much worse if for some reason Vaughan was out for an extended period.

Agree that Sailor looks to be an attacking weapon but it was apparent he needs a lot of work on his defence, and probably to small to handle a wing spot in modern day league.

Widdop suffers from the poor efforts of those around him and his forwards not giving him room to work but also manages to put in some thoughtless kicks and throw hospital passes to people in traffic. I love the guy when he's on song and we're going to miss him big time but it hasn't been a year to remember.

Everyone bags our centres ( including me ) but how often do they get good early ball in space. Answer - very rarely. If they do get good ball both are dangerous and both can find the line, just hardly ever happens. Forwards give us no momentum and when we spread the ball wide it's in slow motion and the opposition can see it coming a mile off. Poor coaching and consequently poor execution. That's not to say I wouldn't be happy to see them replaced with a couple of upgrades.

People are blaming the JDB loss ( and surrounding drama ) for our troubles but all we had to do was stand him down, from everything and replace him with another skilled ball playing lock in Leilua. Problem solved. Sure Leilua doesn't hit like JDB but he could have filled Jack's role in the attacking plays ( short balls, decoys and linking plays ) that proved so effective early last year. Leilua is actually more dangerous in attack than Jack and it's criminal that those skills weren't put to better use by McGregor.