What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 R25 Sun - Wests Tigers 8-25 Sharks @ Leichhardt

Round 25: Wests Tigers v Sharks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Canard

Immortal
He didn’t have an option. The referee hadn’t called held, so playing the ball then is a mandatory penalty to the other team.

You can argue whether held should have been called, but as it hadn’t, Cummins had little option.

Why didn't he order him to play it again, like they do for other incidents in the ruck?

It's a shit call for mine.

This Year?

Immortal
He didn’t have an option. The referee hadn’t called held, so playing the ball then is a mandatory penalty to the other team.

You can argue whether held should have been called, but as it hadn’t, Cummins had little option.
I just watched it again and I stand corrected. Nofoluma is a spud.

TheFrog

Coach
I think this is Sharks and Tigers vs Cummins. Sharks and Tigers trying to play a draw and Cummins trying to prevent it.

The observant will recall that Cummins was the ref in the final round last year when the Broncos got to choose their week 1 opponent. This second half could get seriously farcical.

colly

Juniors

No it's not It's a knockon thus a scrum. Their is no rule which says if you play the ball it's a penalty.

DC_fan

Coach
And yet he made himself available...

Yes he did. My point is not that Farah made himself available to play. My point is that the NRL and Tigers should have said to Farah its your choice to play but before you do you have to sign a waiver form absolving us of any possible future damage claim.

GongPanther

Referee
I think this is Sharks and Tigers vs Cummins. Sharks and Tigers trying to play a draw and Cummins trying to prevent it.

The observant will recall that Cummins was the ref in the final round last year when the Broncos got to choose their week 1 opponent. This second half could get seriously farcical.
For the bottom 4 in the 8, having Brisbane in there will prove deadly.

t-ba

Post Whore
Yes he did. My point is not that Farah made himself available to play. My point is that the NRL and Tigers should have said to Farah its your choice to play but before you do you have to sign a waiver form absolving us of any possible future damage claim.

What kind of legislation would he sue them under, and what kind of money could he expect in NSW?

Would it be honestly worth his while considering his obvious business interests and profile within the RL community and how paltry payouts are in general in NSW compared to more litigious places?