What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hull KR Pull Off “Major Transfer Coup”

Perth Red

Post Whore
Not like we have much choice! Age is a concern but he is a good player and SL is much softer than nrl. It’s a decent scrum half we really need! With him linnet, Shaw and hopefully a speedster winger not a bad backline, if we stay up!

deluded pom?

Coach
There must be better options than an over the hill thirty two year old. Desperation comes to mind. You’d be better giving a young kid a chance. Still, SKD should go OK in the Championship.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Not like we have much choice! Age is a concern but he is a good player and SL is much softer than nrl. It’s a decent scrum half we really need! With him linnet, Shaw and hopefully a speedster winger not a bad backline, if we stay up!
Who’s the young kid currently on loan to Newcastle thunder?

Walter sobchak

First Grade
There must be better options than an over the hill thirty two year old. Desperation comes to mind. You’d be better giving a young kid a chance. Still, SKD should go OK in the Championship.
I think the robins are safe or they’d have to be very unlucky for London and Wakefield to draw and see them lose to Salford.

But it could happen. Especially in this crazy season.

deluded pom?

Coach
I think the robins are safe or they’d have to be very unlucky for London and Wakefield to draw and see them lose to Salford.

But it could happen. Especially in this crazy season.
I think you need to check the league table again Walter. Even if Wakey and the Dobbins lose Wakey would have to lose by a record SL score to end up relegated. Their PD is way better.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Mikey Lewis who was recalled about a month ago but never gets any game time.

Yeh cause you want to chuck a kid thats only just turned 18 into the middle of a relegation battle! He is a very bright star for the future hopefully but he isnt ready for SL yet, especially not when your'e scrapping for your life. One good thing about going down is it would be a great opportunity for him to step up and nail a first team place whilst in the Championship.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore

Remind me again how old Gareth Ellis was when Hull signed him? Or the latest outstanding star signing Manu Ma'u? Reality is moving to Hull isnt exactly a big drawcard for NRL players!

Perth Red

Post Whore
I think you need to check the league table again Walter. Even if Wakey and the Dobbins lose Wakey would have to lose by a record SL score to end up relegated. Their PD is way better.

Main thing for us is to keep it close so Wakey keep playing!

deluded pom?

Coach
Yeh cause you want to chuck a kid thats only just turned 18 into the middle of a relegation battle! He is a very bright star for the future hopefully but he isnt ready for SL yet, especially not when your'e scrapping for your life. One good thing about going down is it would be a great opportunity for him to step up and nail a first team place whilst in the Championship.
Then why recall him? If he’s playing well at Newcastle and there’s no intention of playing him in SL at this time surely he’d be better off participating in Newcastle’s promotion challenge?

deluded pom?

Coach
Remind me again how old Gareth Ellis was when Hull signed him? Or the latest outstanding star signing Manu Ma'u? Reality is moving to Hull isnt exactly a big drawcard for NRL players!
SKD is over the hill NOW. Ellis still had some miles on the clock.

parra_jesus

Juniors
Awesome deal! On skds behalf anyways! To be fair. He is pretty reliable when it comes to injuries. Dont think he missed a game for the knights in the 2 years he was there? Could see him being in the pat Richards sort of mould (poor mans version without the monster boot) over in the esl who also played until his mid 30s. But i do tend to agree. A 3 year contract is a risky move on hulls part

Latest posts