What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 25 vs Sharks @ Leichhardt Oval

Who will win? Round 25: Wests Tigers v Sharks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Front-Rower

First Grade
The only positive out of today is that we are over the Robbie Farah shit show.

Out coached, out classed, backs are slow

Marshall our of dummy half was good again in the first half I thought. Reynolds really bought the energy and did ok. Chee Kam in the centres was up there with what’s his name against the Panthers back in 2016 and has Momo ever played full back in his footy life??

Someone mentioned earlier that we need to mimic the more successful club, well that means no more resigning a club legend bullshit. That means if results don’t come in a reasonable time frame, then out you go.

I thought Chris Lawrence looked way off the pace today, not up to first grade standard in the back row compared to what he was up against. Yet it’s reported he is whining about his offer.

And $40 for GA tickets, to Lecichhardt to stand on the bloody hill, get stuffed.

simmo05

Bench
Madge has been awesome for us but some prett horrible selections cost us.

Firstly letting Mbye play against the Dogs

Then not having Reynolds on the bench v Manly

Lastly today when Thompson was ruled out not bringing Talau in. Having Robbie and Grub on the bench was completely ridiculous
A busted old hooker replacing one of the top 5 fullbacks, good times

simmo05

Bench
Its tough to swallow, but anyway....
I said after we let parra pump us on benjis 300 game we didnt have the stones to do it. Sad to be proven right.
But anyways, onwards and upwards! Next year should be the same........

stryker

First Grade
Its the same story every year...
Soft forwards - zero intimidation
Slow backs - cant make breaks and if they stumble into space are easily caught
No halfback - still have not got one. With Brooksies improved defence he can be Robbies replacement, hed be lethal out of dummy half. We need to poach a half from somewhere though as we just dont have one who can lead.

We loose Marshal soon and we are up shit creek without him.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Lawrence having a whinge about only being offered $100k is a bit rich. I love the guy and he’s all heart but I wouldn’t have even offered him that.

Tigerm

First Grade
I am sure the clubs below us are crying in there beers as well. I was hoping to make the 8 this year, but didn't expect the injury toll to key players that we had, however I also think we unearthed some gems, especially forwards.
But why it took so long to change goal kickers is beyond me.
At least we ended in front of the pennies.:D
Oh well, next year....again

Front-Rower

First Grade
The NRL IMO really need to look at the junior set ups around the traps. Taking the responsibility from the NRL clubs would be a start though I doubt the rusted ons would buy it. I mean we have moved on from the days where you had to play inside your boundary ffs

Vic Mackey

Referee
A kid cant take us to a premiership...not for a few years anyway. We need to seriously poach an established half during the offseason. Other clubs pinch our stars, we need to aim likewise.

I agree but we won’t get one next year

However for 2021 Madge will have a shitlod to spend and he’s a guy who can actually attract decent players

magpie4ever

First Grade
Another year and another losing season. This year we have played well beyond the skills of our roster and whether we finish 9 or 10 this is probably above where we should be. I think everyone can agree our roster is second worst or worst on paper. We've exceeded expectations of everyone outside of tigers supporters, who have zero expectations of us.

We are so far off the pace it is not funny. We have no speed, creativity, strength, goal kicker, or depth in our squad. Melbourne let go of a fullback during the year because they have too much depth. Would Momo have even trained at fullback just in case something like this happened? I doubt it. Add professionalism and money to the list as well. Sorry, I forgot our Achilles heel, mental toughness.

f**k, this is a sad state of affairs. I cannot see us getting a sniff of the finals for at least another 5 years. And that's just making the bottom part of the 8 where you have no chance of winning the comp. I can really see a spoon or two on the horizon.

We really need to start thinking outside the square and trying things no one else is. Yes a lot of these will crash and burn spectacularly but we don't have the money, professionalism in our front office, or talent on the field to try and copy what the successful clubs are doing and expecting it to work.

We need to look at doing something different with recruitment and retention. Why we are signing players like Corey Thompson to multi-year contracts has got me stuffed. I'd be giving the vast majority of our players 1 year contracts, year on year. If this creates more work for an employee to do, so be it. It's not like most of our players would be playing first grade at any other club. I'd also pay them the minimum wage but with generous incentives for making the semis (depends on how deep we go, there's more money.)

I would never bring anyone to the club again on a big money long term contract. If you want the overs you get a very short term contract and have to keep proving yourself. That way the Blair or Packer can be moved on at the end of the year. If you want a long contract and are an established first grader then the money side of things has to have incentives placed in the contract before the big money kicks in.

As far as finding the next bunch of stars we need someone full time in the pacific islands looking for the next Semi or Sivo. There are thousands of college and high school football players in the US every year who just can't take it the the next level but are supremely gifted athletes that we might want to have a look bringing over and chucking in country footy to see if they can transition.

Losing hurts and I can't see any light at the end of the tunnel if we keep doing what we are doing. Anyone from the old tigers side prior to the merger will remember it was 15 years without finals. We are more than half way there.

Geez, haven't we got enough pepper in our squad & you want more.

Than you want to bring over Manfred Moore.

Just relax - we finished where I expected where we would - had a shot at the 8; and couldn't quite make it.

simmo05

Bench
Surely we have to looking at brooks 5/8, walters half and reynolds hooker? Thats not a bad spine with thompson a fb. Mbye stays at centre, rowdy can leave if he isnt happy, benji can stay as a bench spot. Liddle comes into 9 and reynolds goes to the bench