What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
That is all I am saying that it isn't like for like and need more than a sample size of 23 games to know if it is a flash in the pan year or if he is just that good

Don't you think it might have been better for all of this to happen at the Panthers? I mean, I don't really get your point. You preferred MWZ over Sivo? Sorry, but that's just crazy.

franklin2323

Immortal
Don't you think it might have been better for all of this to happen at the Panthers? I mean, I don't really get your point. You preferred MWZ over Sivo? Sorry, but that's just crazy.

Nope but MWZ came here as a favour from Gus to DWZ. Although I said proven FG. MWZ is a Fringe FGer

Last edited:

forby

Juniors
Any other rumours?
Divide should be in the former panthers thread. He is not a rumoured or confirmed signing!

Alintheeast

Juniors
I was thinking that some contributors have put forward signing Tommy Turbo and his bro Jake, and have been met with derision from some. Cost to much, they will never come here. Folks who been following the Panthers for awhile will recall that after the 1985 success everything was falling into a heap, finishing 8th and 12th in 86 and 87 respectively. Management decided to go all out and sign Chris Mortimer and Peter Kelly from Canterbury. Penrith at the time had a bunch of very talented youngsters(Alexander’s, Fittler, Geyer etc.)playing without discipline(sound familiar) or much thought. Mortimer and Kelly plus new coach Ron Wiley(the best coach we ever had) brought in a winning culture, structure and toughness that created the golden era 88 to 91. Sometimes you need to think about more than filling a slot or keeping the coach.
Gus(or at least his ghostwriter) reads the forum refer to his last SMH column.

kinghippo

Juniors
I'd love to have both Ponga and Cleary in our team. He could help take us to another level that we won't get to with Edwards. Although not for the $1.5m a season his manager is chasing.

Ponga really should be a target of ours, so should lattrel as a fullback but I don’t think they are serious options. Neither are the Turbos from manly or graham.

If RCG has gone we really should aim for a marquee fullback, get Timms from the dragons as a backup and hope leota continues to improve. The fish will be just as dominant as a prop and we have lots of second row options if we can get Yeo back to his best.

If JWH signs for us I am calling it now, it will be close to the worst signing in our history, it will be just like packer or mauatlino for the tigers.

The freight we must be paying on RCG, DWZ and Blake must add up to a decent amount for next year at least.
We can’t afford to spend $$$ on old players who won’t improve.
Hopefully we go marquee or bank the cash for upgrades for the likes of creighton, burns and leinu if they kick in.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/b20a7dd4b935fdb3b8c97986a8668f3b

EEL DEAL FOR RCG

Penrith Panthers front-rower Reagan Campbell-Gillard is a done deal at Parramatta for next season. The Eels will announce the signing after they are finished in the finals.

Yep, RCG confirmed it last night, was all but done to St George to join his cousins, then someone was hired who quickly said the front isnt the issue and they shouldnt be taking on RCG (one guess who)

So he is now an Eel.. How sad.

Vicpanther

Juniors
I really hope he gets his fire back for them. He is a quality player especially when he plays like he did yesterday.

Fangs

Coach
Some players just need to move on.

We haven't got an outstanding record like the Storm of turning average players into good players. Same goes for turning good players into great players. Better for RCG to get a different perspective elsewhere. And better for us as his contract is outrageous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts