What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tennis

Tommy Smith

Referee
US open crowds are a disgrace. The constant booing and calling out for the last 2-3 games is truly terrible.

I understand Nadal gets away with bloody murder with time wasting, but this isn't his fault today.
New Yorkers come across as the biggest merkins in the world.

Am I right?

Apey

Staff member
This merkin is going to kill me. At work and can't watch. Watching it flick back between AD and deuce ugh.

LatK7

First Grade
Nadal looked rattled and passive, had to be his worst/nerviest display in a major final but it was enough to get through. Congrats to him.

Medvedev can go on to do great things. I hope he remains healthy and improves from here.

Danish

Referee
New Yorkers come across as the biggest merkins in the world.

Am I right?

New Yorkers saving grace is they wear their merkinness on their sleeves.

Californians are way worse. Complete frauds. Especially those in San Francisco where I live now

Apey

Staff member
Nadal looked rattled and passive, had to be his worst/nerviest display in a major final but it was enough to get through. Congrats to him.

Medvedev can go on to do great things. I hope he remains healthy and improves from here.
I feel like of the big 3, Nadal lets the slam counts weigh on his mind the most. As a fan it feels like he's never truly got his confidence back from those injury ravaged years in 15/16.

LatK7

First Grade
I feel like of the big 3, Nadal lets the slam counts weigh on his mind the most. As a fan it feels like he's never truly got his confidence back from those injury ravaged years in 15/16.

Completely agree, aside from Roland Garros which he has in the bag for at least one more year.

Nadal's been extremely consistent the past few seasons & really only gone down to Federer & Djokovic. Most of the tour still struggle against him, so with Fed at a very advanced age and Djokovic's questionable elbow/shoulder, the Spaniard might see more Grand Slam success off clay.

Apey

Staff member
I hope Medvedev doesn't disappear into irrelevance like some other next-gen hopefuls like Zverez and Kyrgios.

LatK7

First Grade
I hope Medvedev doesn't disappear into irrelevance like some other next-gen hopefuls like Zverez and Kyrgios.

Seems to not let much bother him mentally, so he's a long way ahead of the two useless generations that have come through. If anything it's his grinding style that will do him in...but we said the same thing about Nadal and he's won 19 majors :)

LatK7

First Grade
If anyone hadn't already, check out some of the Laver Cup highlights. The passion from Fed & Nadal is a great watch & very close matches as well. Very interesting to watch them work together. Hopefully they've inspired some of the younger guys as well.

Apey

Staff member
So Federer beat Djokovic, Nadal ends at #1 but is knocked out of the ATP Finals. I haven't been following it closely, just checking results when I remember. Thiem to win the ATP Finals perhaps?

LatK7

First Grade
So Federer beat Djokovic, Nadal ends at #1 but is knocked out of the ATP Finals. I haven't been following it closely, just checking results when I remember. Thiem to win the ATP Finals perhaps?

Thiem has been excellent, looks to have turned a corner on hardcourt.

Nadal was ordinary, Djokovic was fine but Federer blew him away with a very special performance. Pretty insane, but couldn't repeat it against Tstitsipas.

Valheru

Coach
Australia through to the ATP cup semis after one of the better doubles matches you will ever see.

We have a genuine chance to win this. I can't see Nick getting beat at number 2.

Apey

Staff member
Fogini is a bit of an arrogant twat. Was really hoping Thompson would pull through.

Latest posts