What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Predictions 2019

footy75

Bench
Roosters
Storm
Rabbits
Sharks
Broncos
Penrith
Raiders
Parra

Dragons
Knights
Tigers
Manly
Cowboys
Warriors
Titans
Dogs

adamkungl

Immortal
So far...

Roosters - on track
Souths - on track
Storm - on track
Broncos - underperforming
Knights - underperforming
Panthers - on track
Raiders - on track
Tigers - on track

Cowboys - underperforming
Dragons - on track
Sea Eagles - on track
Warriors - on track
Sharks - overperforming
Titans - on track
Bulldogs - on track
Eels - overperforming

Still think Broncos will be thereabouts and Knights will make the 8, probably not likely they'll finish as high as 4th and 5th though.
Both teams look underdone and struggling to effectively utilise strong rosters.

Sharks are doing better than expected but still think they'll miss the finals, luck with injuries will make or break their season.

Eels are looking more like the side that came 4th in 2017 than the spoon holders of 2018, but will they maintain this momentum?
Safe to say my spoon tip is wrong, they've shown enough to think they'll comfortably avoid it.

Can't see where the Titans are getting a win from at the moment though.

Last edited:

footy75

Bench
So far...

Still think Broncos will be thereabouts and Knights will make the 8, probably not likely they'll finish as high as 4th and 5th though.
Both teams look underdone and struggling to effectively utilise strong rosters.

Sharks are doing better than expected but still think they'll miss the finals, luck with injuries will make or break their season.

Eels are looking more like the side that came 4th in 2017 than the spoon holders of 2018, but will they maintain this momentum?
Safe to say my spoon tip is wrong, they've shown enough to think they'll comfortably avoid it.

Can't see where the Titans are getting a win from at the moment though.

agree on broncos... stillthink broncos shaks and penrith will possibly come good

doubt knights will make it

footy75

Bench
So its safe to say these teams will make it

Roosters
Souths
Storm
Sharks
Raiders

Then there is the unknown in the middle...3 of which will make it

Dragons
Parra
Broncos
Manly
Knights
Tigers
NZ

Then there is the teams we can just a bout write off

Panthers
Cows
Titans
Dogs

Valheru

Coach
So its safe to say these teams will make it

Roosters
Souths
Storm
Sharks
Raiders

Then there is the unknown in the middle...3 of which will make it

Dragons
Parra
Broncos
Manly
Knights
Tigers
NZ

Then there is the teams we can just a bout write off

Panthers
Cows
Titans
Dogs

I think you are being exceedingly kind to the warriors. They have looked awful most of the way so far.

TheDMC

Bench
I think you are being exceedingly kind to the warriors. They have looked awful most of the way so far.

Robbed against melbourne and close against rabbits, there is a bit of hope. Not titans dogs Penrith level of mud.

Edit: cowboys mud too

Whip Whitaker

Juniors
My Cowboys should be much lower on these lists. We've never been flash in defence, but because our attack is so poor, we are putting more pressure on ourselves defensively than we ever have.

We make it look like a struggle to score 2 to 3 tries a game. And then some of our bigger forwards are highly likely to allow a try or two (especially Matt Scott) as their lateral movement is non-existent.

Barring Jason Taumalolo and or Michael Morgan having 9 to 10 out of 10 games, we otherwise won't win too many.

yobbo84

First Grade
We make it look like a struggle to score 2 to 3 tries a game. And then some of our bigger forwards are highly likely to allow a try or two (especially Matt Scott) as their lateral movement is non-existent.

Matt Scott just stood and watched on two separate occassions as Cam Murray and George Burgess ran through a gaping hole next to him. I couldn't believe how slow he's gotten.

Whip Whitaker

Juniors
Matt Scott just stood and watched on two separate occassions as Cam Murray and George Burgess ran through a gaping hole next to him. I couldn't believe how slow he's gotten.

He may have been afraid to dive and test out the knee....?

It's been hard to watch Matty Scott lately. Best prop forward of his generation and now looks barely a first grader. I think he'd be much more valuable to the team off the bench, though. Ditto to Coen Hess.

He may have been afraid to dive and test out the knee....?

It's been hard to watch Matty Scott lately. Best prop forward of his generation and now looks barely a first grader. I think he'd be much more valuable to the team off the bench, though. Ditto to Coen Hess.

Scott will be 34 later this year. In terms of rugby league payers it is proverbially "ancient". Add in the ACL injury he had in 2017 and it is no wonder he is slowing down. ACL injures take ages to get over physically, and players often taken longer after they get back to laying before they get over it mentally. For mine it is no surprise he is slowing down as that ACL injury would make him a bit concerned about any sudden lateral movement in case it re-injures that knee.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Scott will be 34 later this year. In terms of rugby league payers it is proverbially "ancient". Add in the ACL injury he had in 2017 and it is no wonder he is slowing down. ACL injures take ages to get over physically, and players often taken longer after they get back to laying before they get over it mentally. For mine it is no surprise he is slowing down as that ACL injury would make him a bit concerned about any sudden lateral movement in case it re-injures that knee.
I remember reading an interview with willie mason after he did his knee in the one off test against the USA some time ago and he reckoned it was 18 months before he was 100% again in terms of power, movement and confidence.

footy75

Bench
I remember reading an interview with willie mason after he did his knee in the one off test against the USA some time ago and he reckoned it was 18 months before he was 100% again in terms of power, movement and confidence.

yep hard to come back from.

pantherz9103

First Grade
I don't think Broncos are sure of being there. Still just 5W,6L and with several rep players. I think they probably will make it but it's premature to say they are sure things when they currently have a losing record.

Roosters, Storm and Souffs are definites, Knights and Raiders are most likely will be's.

You can probably rub out Titans, Dogs and I have to be honest, Panthers...I'd say the other 8 teams are jostling over the 3 other places. The Dragons could soon be rubbed out if they don't start winning again.

footy75

Bench
I don't think Broncos are sure of being there. Still just 5W,6L and with several rep players. I think they probably will make it but it's premature to say they are sure things when they currently have a losing record.

Roosters, Storm and Souffs are definites, Knights and Raiders are most likely will be's.

You can probably rub out Titans, Dogs and I have to be honest, Panthers...I'd say the other 8 teams are jostling over the 3 other places. The Dragons could soon be rubbed out if they don't start winning again.

Sharks should start getting players back...they should be in the mix too

adamkungl

Immortal
Judge yourselves!

Get em in for eternal glory or embarrassment

I tipped Parra for the premiership in 2018 and haven't been able to sleep ever since. Dark times.

The categories are

LADDER 1-16
GRAND FINAL AND PREMIERS
ORIGIN (2-1 or sweep)
DALLY M
FIRST COACH SACKED (in which we'll count no contract for 2020 as sacked, BUT this can be trumped by an immediate sacking)
WILDCARD PREDICTION (anything you want, not covered in the above)

Roosters
Souths
Storm
Broncos
Knights
Panthers
Raiders
Tigers
Cowboys
Dragons
Sea Eagles
Warriors
Sharks
Titans
Bulldogs
Eels

GF Souths def Broncos
SOO NSW 2-1
DM Mitchell Pearce
Coach Brad Arthur

Bold prediction:
Justin Holbrook will be the next coach signed up

Assigning a point for how far off each ladder position you were wrong
Subtract 2 bonus points if you guessed a position totally correct

Roosters 1
Souths 1
Storm 2
Broncos 4
Knights 6
Panthers 4
Raiders 3
Tigers 1
Cowboys 5
Dragons 5
Sea Eagles 5
Warriors 1
Sharks 6
Titans 2
Bulldogs 3
Eels 11

TOTAL = 60

No spot on picks.
Eels yet again my worst prediction, and missed the mark pretty hard on Knights and Sharks despite it looking promising midway through.

Souths v Broncos GF is still technically a possibility but unlikely coz Broncos suck
NSW 2-1 was correct
No Mitchell Pearce Dally M despite again looking promising mid-season, but hey I'll take the Origin win
Brad Arthur turned Parra around and I was way off.

I was right about Holbrook getting signed up, but that wasn't exactly the boldest prediction of all time.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
lol

People who predict footy, by things or peeps they hate.

So much failed hatred in this thread.

Latest posts