What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ASHES: 4th Test Australia v England, Old Trafford Sept 4-9

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
Honestly i'm so pumped we were able to come back from that f**king disaster last test.. Was pissing the bed and slitting my wrists with everyone else on here thinking it would be a bridge too far.

Then you have to ask yourself was the team just mentally tough? or was it just having Lord Smith back in the team... i'm going with the latter. outside of Patty and Hazlegod the rest aren't worth feeding..

Now lets finish these scummy merkins off at the oval !!

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Patty and hazlewood have to be the pace leaders going forward. Haze has found his mojo again

Its been a weird series. Picking a combined team would honestly be tricky.

1. Rory Burns
3. Marnus labuschagne
4. Smudge
5. Ben stokes
7. Paine (has been the better keeper)
8. Pat cummins
9. Stuart broad
10. Josh hazlewood

Spin bowler spot im not sure lyon has necessarily outbowled leach. The second opener spot is a nightmare it probably has to go to denly based on scoring 2 50s but only one of them was at opener. Who gets the final middle order spot ?

I love how Poms move the goal posts.

Australia no good unless they win overseas.
Australia retain Ashes in England.
Aussies no good unless they win the series to retain Ashes.
Flmao.

The next Ashes in England will be played in a post Brexit, post civil war setting. Maybe they should give us the actual urn for safekeeping.

JJ

Immortal
Patty and hazlewood have to be the pace leaders going forward. Haze has found his mojo again

Its been a weird series. Picking a combined team would honestly be tricky.

1. Rory Burns
3. Marnus labuschagne
4. Smudge
5. Ben stokes
7. Paine (has been the better keeper)
8. Pat cummins
9. Stuart broad
10. Josh hazlewood

Spin bowler spot im not sure lyon has necessarily outbowled leach. The second opener spot is a nightmare it probably has to go to denly based on scoring 2 50s but only one of them was at opener. Who gets the final middle order spot ?
Yeah, those are the guys that have played well...

I think Root has done enough to get a batting spot (or at least he's done less badly than the other bats) - perhaps as the second opener, hate to say it but on the strength of a 100 and a few catches Wade at 6 (lol), and Archer and Lyon at 11 and 12 depending on whether a spinner is needed
** forgot Head... him or Wade at 6, I guess

Burns
Root
Labuschange
Smith
Stokes
Wade (!?!?!?!) or Head
Paine (c)
Cummins
Archer (12th)
Hazlewood
Broad
Lyon (12th)

With all the excitment about Archer (and deserved imo, he's clearly a big talent) it was the Aussies belatedly picking Hazlewood that was more important series wise...

Last edited:
Elizabeth-Turk-Nyack-e1564530905255-420x600.jpg

bazza

Referee
Yeah, those are the guts that have played well...

I think Root has done enough to get a batting spot (or at least he's done less badly than the other bats) - perhaps as the second opener, hate to say it but on the strength of a 100 and a few catches Wade at 6 (lol), and Archer and Lyon at 11 and 12 depending on whether a spinner is needed

Burns
Root
Labuschange
Smith
Stokes
Wade (!?!?!?!)
Paine (c)
Cummins
Archer (12th)
Hazlewood
Broad
Lyon (12th)

With all the excitment about Archer (and deserved imo, he's clearly a big talent) it was the Aussies belatedly picking Hazlewood that was more important series wise...
Root, Head and Wade are the only batters that have done half decently (at least in a couple of games) - Root is the best average at just over 30 says something about the batting quality
Lyon got enough wickets in the first test to get a spot as the spinner

Jock Leech is one of those "cult" players you see during an Ashes series and never hear of them again afterwards.

Jock has as many crooked teeth as Smith has drives to the boundary.

Still...Jocko did his job. Smith suffers under left arm spinners and Leach got Smith out. So job done in English books. Nevermind the bollocks of Smith having belted 211 and another 82 at the time.

Lol.

Same old England, always losing*.

* since 43AD.

Last edited: