What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldCoastPather

Juniors
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/b20a7dd4b935fdb3b8c97986a8668f3b

EEL DEAL FOR RCG

Penrith Panthers front-rower Reagan Campbell-Gillard is a done deal at Parramatta for next season. The Eels will announce the signing after they are finished in the finals.
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/b20a7dd4b935fdb3b8c97986a8668f3b

EEL DEAL FOR RCG

Penrith Panthers front-rower Reagan Campbell-Gillard is a done deal at Parramatta for next season. The Eels will announce the signing after they are finished in the finals.
Sad if true. I think we need him for next year with his confidence back. If not, then he has to be replaced by buying someone asap

Royce is King

Juniors
A couple of outside backs that have carved up the Q.CUP this yr are 2 guys that I believe we should sign ASAP FOR 2020 and beyond
1. IZAIA PERESE..... this guy has only had a couple of token runs for the Broncos ( he has more talent than any other centre they have including Staggs), but he is just too good for the Q.cup, went away with the Wallabies when he was 18 ...... and is quick as hell..... he would be the 1st centre picked at Penrith.

2. GIDEON MOSBY- GELA.... Does anybody remember Josh Ado Car at the tigers..... quick as all hell but very raw....... this guy is exactly the same.... a few games for the Cowboys but he has insane speed.... with the right coaching the guy has the ability to score 15 - 20 tries a yr consistently.

Both guys are off contract and are exactly what we need.

Dave's mate

Juniors
With Burns looking the goods and Kikau a bit flat real thought should be had about moving him to prop. Come off the bench and let rip

betcats

Referee
With Burns looking the goods and Kikau a bit flat real thought should be had about moving him to prop. Come off the bench and let rip

Might sound silly but he I think we should be using him in more decoy plays. When he is steaming in for a run defenders zero on him we should be making better use of that.

That being said I don’t mind trying him in the middle. The start of this year he was a weapon in defence, anyone gave him a decent shot at him got f**king drilled. In the middle with blokes running straight at him lookout. He’s destined for the middle at some point, blokes like him rarely get smaller as their careers progress. With the ball in the middle he’d still be a beast, one with an offload.

martielang

Bench
Kiks has been a weapon on the edge for the last 3 years, I wouldn’t be moving him. Limits his ability to get 1 v 1 & takes away 1/1 game plans we currently have.

Did Welch officially re-sign? I thought it was hinted but never formalised.

betcats

Referee
Kiks has been a weapon on the edge for the last 3 years, I wouldn’t be moving him. Limits his ability to get 1 v 1 & takes away 1/1 game plans we currently have.

Did Welch officially re-sign? I thought it was hinted but never formalised.

It changes his game no doubt but it gives him different opportunities, he could be a huge weapon through the middle like a Haas or Tamoulolo, if Burns and Marto can kick on it’s worth a try to see how he goes at some point.

Tronald Crump

Juniors

Neither would I.
As Panther mick said a few pages back if Kikau moves to the middle all it does is encourage Ivan to use him as a battering ram. Which is a shameful waste.
Leave him on the edge to terrorize weak defenders. If people are worried about him playing the whole game give him a breather half way through the match.
Move him to the middle later on in his career when he gets fatter and slower. Not now.

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
Neither would I.
As Panther mick said a few pages back if Kikau moves to the middle all it does is encourage Ivan to use him as a battering ram. Which is a shameful waste.
Leave him on the edge to terrorise weak defenders. If people are worried about him playing the whole game give him a breather half way through the match.
Move him to the middle later on in his career when he gets fatter and slower. Not now.

He might have more value as a battering ram tho....you say it like it’s a bad thing but premierships are built on battering rams.

Status
Not open for further replies.