What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

The calm one

Juniors
No..taking milady out to dinner. Front line meaning not running away to join you and stand their and fight the supporter fight......yet. But you have inspired to be calm..expect nothing from this review but until i see the outcome......then I might BLOW UP
I am not running away. I will be back when the games over. I would rather be watching Looney Tunes than that.

Gareth67

First Grade
If Gus was able to do a full review and not just a partial one. He could definitely clean the place out but he does not have full control. Hope I'm wrong but I doubt it

That is just so wrong. If you are going to get a pest exterminator in to clean out the rodents in your home you would expect the man to gas the whole damn lot of them , not only a select few .

I am now wondering as to whether or not Gus may have second thoughts about doing the review as his own reputation would be on the line , more so now that he himself has basically declared that his ‘ mate ‘ Mary is all but safe and to make matters even worse to declare him “ as the coach going forward “ .

Going forward to where - out the door - to another club :)joy: ) or to complete his current tenure and eventually yet another extension , lord forbid ! Just do us all a favor Gus - stick to your flippant commentary on Ch. 9 as your involvement wil onlyl make a mockery of this ‘ staged ‘ propaganda trial.

Last edited:

denis preston

First Grade
Surely the Board can't get away with a review that won't be released to the public and the reviewer sworn to secrecy ? They will obviously say they have taken on the recommendations ( but don't say what those recommendations are ! ) Most supporters i hope will not accept this other than window dressing to calm down the masses.
I'm going to join St George Leagues as at least i will have a vote against these impostors ( in 3 years time ? )

BLM01

First Grade
Surely the Board can't get away with a review that won't be released to the public and the reviewer sworn to secrecy ? They will obviously say they have taken on the recommendations ( but don't say what those recommendations are ! ) Most supporters i hope will not accept this other than window dressing to calm down the masses.
I'm going to join St George Leagues as at least i will have a vote against these impostors ( in 3 years time ? )
You are on to something...however 5 years rings a bell. But again I am sure I have heard that it is not that simple....I think there is another layer to get through + the 3 or 5 years?.
You have got to be nominated or become a football club member to have voting rights not just a league club member...not sure what the difference is but someone who knows the facts can enlighten me.
Otherwise i will do the same.

George Dragon

Juniors
You are on to something...however 5 years rings a bell. But again I am sure I have heard that it is not that simple....I think there is another layer to get through + the 3 or 5 years?.
You have got to be nominated or become a football club member to have voting rights not just a league club member...not sure what the difference is but someone who knows the facts can enlighten me.
Otherwise i will do the same.
Denis is right 3 years as League club member gives you voting right but only for the Leagues club board you cant vote for football club board.
And even they who are you going to vote for... the same 8 that run each time...

Carlton

Juniors
I've been a footy club member since 1980 and have only attended a couple of the Tuesday night February AGMs.
CC

How do you become a football club member?

How many are there?

Do you know who they are?

Also, do you have a copy of the constitution?

Last edited:

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
Rumour is that Kerr has re-signed with us.
It was great to see Kerr running hard and straight in the NRL game last night and the CC semi today. Also great to see his reaction today when the Bulldogs player was forced into touch to ensure the Dragons' CC victory. Jacob Host was equally enthusiastic. Nice to know that guys who have experienced NRL care more about reserve grade than our supercoach.

Timm again very strong in CC. I reckon a question that should be answered by the upcoming review is why Timm did not play a single minute in the NRL.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I reckon a question that should be answered by the upcoming review is why Timm did not play a single minute in the NRL.
The answer:
DfssYhsU8AAFZpN.jpg

denis preston

First Grade
Surely not everyone else in the club is just sitting back and seeing master coaches no change selections week in week out and not say anything ? I would thought that Head & Millward would be beating Johnsons door down in this travesty against Timm. Perhaps super coach in waiting ,Dean Young , doesn't like him because Timm told him to shove it ?

If this review is done professionally it will reveal a very disjointed ,rudderless,demotivated ,nepotistic & incompetent club surviving on the tit of the NRL.

qld redvee

Juniors
Nene McDonald on a 1 yr deal next year
Michael - dont know if Id be real happy with this .. He still has a police matter hanging over his head ?? coming back from a busted ankle what is his playing expectation ?? we already released him from his contract for reasons unknown and look at hom overseas when he is due in court // plus he is too hot and cold for me yes great finisher ( or was ) but not sure so I would say NO. PLUS we have saab pearson rav and jordan periera on the books as wingers and if we keep aitken and lafai potentially Lomax and sailor -
pearson did well on saturday so Id be happy with saab and pearson for 2020

Michael - dont know if Id be real happy with this .. He still has a police matter hanging over his head ?? coming back from a busted ankle what is his playing expectation ?? we already released him from his contract for reasons unknown and look at hom overseas when he is due in court // plus he is too hot and cold for me yes great finisher ( or was ) but not sure so I would say NO. PLUS we have saab pearson rav and jordan periera on the books as wingers and if we keep aitken and lafai potentially Lomax and sailor -
pearson did well on saturday so Id be happy with saab and pearson for 2020

I don’t rate Pearson I would take nene any day any week any year over him lol
I think even jp is a lot better option than him yes he had a few bad games and a bad neck injury but he has heart and desire

slippery5

Juniors
Surely not everyone else in the club is just sitting back and seeing master coaches no change selections week in week out and not say anything ? I would thought that Head & Millward would be beating Johnsons door down in this travesty against Timm. Perhaps super coach in waiting ,Dean Young , doesn't like him because Timm told him to shove it ?

If this review is done professionally it will reveal a very disjointed ,rudderless,demotivated ,nepotistic & incompetent club surviving on the tit of the NRL.
Timm waiting to see what happens with super coach before moving on.

Latest posts