What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Finals scheduling news

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
And of course all of the away fans

Fans sue NRL for scheduling game at toxic venue

NRL Sues Manly for using toxic venue as home ground

Manly sues Manly council for toxic venue

Manly council has a legal clause exempting them somehow

This could get messy
The Lawyer at the council is shyting a brick, getting advice, which will be get your tickets to Bankwest.

Greenburg fibro'ed Manly into a corner.

Gallen thanks you.

flippikat

Bench
Selfie proof fence sorted.

Asbestos under control.

Wonder what’s next?

We can send over a few engineers from here in New Zealand to declare the stands as being "earthquake prone", if you want. ;)

Since the Kaikoura quake a few years ago, they've been condemning buildings here for that reason at an alaming rate.

SBD82

Coach
We can send over a few engineers from here in New Zealand to declare the stands as being "earthquake prone", if you want. ;)

Since the Kaikoura quake a few years ago, they've been condemning buildings here for that reason at an alaming rate.
Toddy will be in touch soon.

Last Week

Bench
So, do we know which games will be played for weeks 2 and 3?

I really just want to know what day Parra will play in week 2 when we beat the Brisbane Boyd's on Sunday.

I assume we'd be on the Saturday game so we don't have a short turn around.

greenBV4

Bench
So, do we know which games will be played for weeks 2 and 3?

I really just want to know what day Parra will play in week 2 when we beat the Brisbane Boyd's on Sunday.

I assume we'd be on the Saturday game so we don't have a short turn around.

I think it was said that if Storm make the Prelims they are all but locked in the play the Friday (AFL GF eve down here, which is a public holiday). Also makes sense as they are the minor premiers and should get the longest turnaround to the GF

YoHadrian

Juniors
I think it's the height of innovation that asbestos removal can be performed in such a short space of time & given the all clear so quickly. Hundreds of building sites around Australia would love to know how it was done so quickly & are lining up outside Brooky for a sneak peek at these world class techniques as we speak.

Perhaps it's best if that dump isn't renovated, the entire Northern Beaches would have to be evacuated as soon as the first hammer is swung.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I think it's the height of innovation that asbestos removal can be performed in such a short space of time & given the all clear so quickly. Hundreds of building sites around Australia would love to know how it was done so quickly & are lining up outside Brooky for a sneak peek at these world class techniques as we speak.

Perhaps it's best if that dump isn't renovated, the entire Northern Beaches would have to be evacuated as soon as the first hammer is swung.

Its all in the astroturf and sticky tape. Its a worldwide breakthrough and if Manly get on to the patent soon they will make enough money to buy a new stadium.

They should have taken the money!

The NRL has rejected a $250,000 offer from colourful businessman John Singleton to move Manly’s elimination final against Cronulla to Central Coast Stadium in Gosford.

Singleton rang Manly coach Des Hasler with the offer on Monday morning which he claims was passed on to NRL officials but quickly rejected.

The match is scheduled for Lottoland but may have to be switched to Bankwest Stadium because of an asbestos scare at the old Brookvale Oval.
“Des and everyone at Manly loved the idea,” Singleton said, “They were all for it.

“I asked Des could I quote him and he said ‘f…ing oath’. They really wanted this.”

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sp...d/news-story/af3a0339cc8a7bd6ef17291567a22bb9

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
This is a sting, the NRL are actually geniuses who can clean up an asbestos contamination in record time. It's actually all of us that are the idiots. Whod've thunk eh?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
This is a sting, the NRL are actually geniuses who can clean up an asbestos contamination in record time. It's actually all of us that are the idiots. Whod've thunk eh?
This such an odd post.

What's the implication here? Are you suggesting the NRL manufactured the whole situation? Or that the asbestos issue remains and people are at risk?

I mean, it's particularly funny given the responsible party is the Northern Beaches Council, not the NRL.

Latest posts