What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Ricky Stuart will become Canberra’s long-serving coach after signing a contract extension taking him through to the end of the 2023 season.

Stuart, who started at the Raiders in 2014, will eventually take over his former mentor Tim Sheens’ record of 220 games between 1988-96.

The club will announce Stuart’s contract extension at a press conference on Monday afternoon.
Stuart has overseen 123 games for 57 games at a success rate of 46.3%
Paul McGregor 139 66 0 73 47℅

Interesting Move by the Raiders!

Yeah but it’s canberra full of fat cat bludging public servants who expect mediocrity in everything they do.

Fortnightly committee meetings to purchase a packet of environmentally sound paper clips. 2 months off for transgender ferret studies for promotion to class 17 tax office concierge.

46% to them is like 75% to us in the private sector ...who have to eat what we kill.

Plus who cares.

Ricky accused international refs for cheating in their hotel foyer. Imbecile. Most people can’t stand him.
Was a very very good player though.

Last edited:

St Georgio

Juniors
Yeah but it’s canberra full of fat cat bludging public servants who expect mediocrity in everything they do.

Fortnightly committee meetings to purchase a packet of environmentally sound paper clips. 2 months off for transgender ferret studies for promotion to class 17 tax office concierge.

46% to them is like 75% to us in the private sector ...who have to eat what we kill.

Plus who cares.

Ricky accused international refs for cheating in their hotel foyer. Imbecile. Most people can’t stand him.
Was a very very good player though.
I kinda Agree with you, but FMD I hope the Raiders win the comp, every other club suck big time!

SBD82

Coach
I don’t like to say it but I am tending to think the Illawarra arm of the club is basically wrecking everything.

Someone needs to tell them that they are not competing in the Dapto 3rd grade comp.

No new clubs, just a demerger. Split the players and the Steelers can keep Mary.

Actually, even then there might be a legal tussle over the last point.
Your trolling is awfully amateur.

I’d suggest a new alt, but in all likelihood you’d f**k that one up too.

Warabrook saint

Juniors
But they don’t say often or loud enough!

John’s made comment the whole approach to our game need to change. He should have added the coach to the list. The media keep falling short of acknowledging the elephant in the room: McGregor has failed in his coaching efforts and needs to move on.
The supporters just may move on. They just can't keep dishing this s*it up to us

nontime111

Juniors
McGregor has had more then enough time to produce a winning team and we have had been in the finals twice. He is not good enough to get what is required out of a team who consistently underperform. His game plans, substitution strategies and development of players show his failures. The whole team needs an overhaul and that has to include the head coach. If he wants to coach for the love of it go find a park team. Cause right now his coaching is killing my love for the game and this club..
hes such an utter amateur, hes simply NOT a REAL NRL coaches armpit hair or toenail dirt...if he REALLY Cared hed piss off!! he is just in it for the money everyday he is NOT sacked my blood boils!!

Gareth67

First Grade
But they don’t say often or loud enough!

John’s made comment the whole approach to our game need to change. He should have added the coach to the list. The media keep falling short of acknowledging the elephant in the room: McGregor has failed in his coaching efforts and needs to move on.

I remember when I was just a kid and I watched ‘ Tarzan the Apeman ‘ starring Johnny Weissmuller at the picture theater, in black & white of course. Towards the end of the movie his pet (?) elephant had who had gotten a few dozen poison arrows in him from those nasty little piggamy men was on his last legs and dying.

So where else does a dying elephant go to die but the elephant graveyard. Well Mary is our elephant as you have said and that is where he must go as quickly as possible or he will end up taking the entire team with him .

Last edited:

getsmarty

Immortal
'I'm my own harshest critic': Paul McGregor
  • Local Sport
    r0_189_5315_3189_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Optimistic: Dragons coach Paul McGregor is excited for St George Illawarra's 2020 campaign. Picture: John Veage

Paul McGregor is excited for 2020, saying that he is his own harshest critic and that the Dragons have what it takes to bounce back from a disastrous season.

St George Illawarra ended their 2019 campaign with a win over the Titans on the Gold Coast on Saturday night but finished second last on the NRL table after a horror season blighted by injuries and absentees.

The under-pressure Dragons coach will be subject to an external review after McGregor approached coaching legend Phil Gould to appraise St George Illawarra's football operation.

Gould, a two-time premiership-winning coach and NSW's most successful State of Origin coach, will give an outsider's perspective to McGregor and Dragons CEO Brian Johnston.

But while McGregor may be under heavy fire from some sections of the Dragons' supporters, he is also looking forward to the challenge of rebuilding after a forgettable season.

"I think [I'm most excited] just to learn from what didn't work this year and grow. And as a group of men understand that we've got to be accountable for the season we had. In life you get obstacles in your way and you've just got to make sure that you work through them. This year has just been one after the other," he said.

"So we look forward to the guys having a break and getting away. We've got some very good players in this team. We just need to make sure that we attack it, we come back as rookies and start all over again.

"I'm a person that starts early and finishes late and works hard on the process to get a result. But I choose to do my role. I enjoy my role. I've got a playing group that I have the respect of that work hard. We just didn't get the results we needed this year.

"Personally, when I have time to reflect, I'm the harshest critic of myself. I don't need anyone else throwing it at me. I square myself up regularly and look for ways I need to fix things and change as well. I think there are plenty of lessons to learn out of this year. They'll all come out in the next couple of weeks.

"I think you go through moments like this year in every year of your career. Obviously this year is a year that we've been out of finals contention for a very long time and that's obviously fresh. To have that happen on a weekly basis has been a challenge. You've got to really understand that the process is important, you look at what you've got, not what you're waiting for to come back is something that we've got to be better at. Pre-season is pretty important to get everything right as well, I don't think we got our pre-season right last year."

Meanwhile, the draw for the women's NRL competition has been released, with the Dragons to open their season against Brisbane on Sunday. The match will be played before the Parramatta-Brisbane NRL elimination final at Bankwest Stadium.

https://www.theleader.com.au/story/6374449/im-my-own-harshest-critic-mcgregor/

BLM01

First Grade
  • Local Sport

Optimistic: Dragons coach Paul McGregor is excited for St George Illawarra's 2020 campaign. Picture: John Veage

Paul McGregor is excited for 2020, saying that he is his own harshest critic and that the Dragons have what it takes to bounce back from a disastrous season.

St George Illawarra ended their 2019 campaign with a win over the Titans on the Gold Coast on Saturday night but finished second last on the NRL table after a horror season blighted by injuries and absentees.

The under-pressure Dragons coach will be subject to an external review after McGregor approached coaching legend Phil Gould to appraise St George Illawarra's football operation.

Gould, a two-time premiership-winning coach and NSW's most successful State of Origin coach, will give an outsider's perspective to McGregor and Dragons CEO Brian Johnston.

But while McGregor may be under heavy fire from some sections of the Dragons' supporters, he is also looking forward to the challenge of rebuilding after a forgettable season.

"I think [I'm most excited] just to learn from what didn't work this year and grow. And as a group of men understand that we've got to be accountable for the season we had. In life you get obstacles in your way and you've just got to make sure that you work through them. This year has just been one after the other," he said.

"So we look forward to the guys having a break and getting away. We've got some very good players in this team. We just need to make sure that we attack it, we come back as rookies and start all over again.

"I'm a person that starts early and finishes late and works hard on the process to get a result. But I choose to do my role. I enjoy my role. I've got a playing group that I have the respect of that work hard. We just didn't get the results we needed this year.

"Personally, when I have time to reflect, I'm the harshest critic of myself. I don't need anyone else throwing it at me. I square myself up regularly and look for ways I need to fix things and change as well. I think there are plenty of lessons to learn out of this year. They'll all come out in the next couple of weeks.

"I think you go through moments like this year in every year of your career. Obviously this year is a year that we've been out of finals contention for a very long time and that's obviously fresh. To have that happen on a weekly basis has been a challenge. You've got to really understand that the process is important, you look at what you've got, not what you're waiting for to come back is something that we've got to be better at. Pre-season is pretty important to get everything right as well, I don't think we got our pre-season right last year."

Meanwhile, the draw for the women's NRL competition has been released, with the Dragons to open their season against Brisbane on Sunday. The match will be played before the Parramatta-Brisbane NRL elimination final at Bankwest Stadium.

Yada Yada Yada
Translated. Please give me another chance. New excuses.and an old one JDB
"I am learning". "Now its the preseasons fault".
If Mary thinks he is his hardest critic he should spend some time reading some of this forum. Might come as a shock...but we are gunna keep throwing it at you cause we dont believe any crap from this article.

Jbjbjb40

Juniors
  • Local Sport

Hahahahahahahaha. Bloody circus I tell ya

Warabrook saint

Juniors
  • Local Sport

Mary Barry Bullshit

18to87

First Grade
Ricky Stuart will become Canberra’s long-serving coach after signing a contract extension taking him through to the end of the 2023 season.

Stuart, who started at the Raiders in 2014, will eventually take over his former mentor Tim Sheens’ record of 220 games between 1988-96.

The club will announce Stuart’s contract extension at a press conference on Monday afternoon.
Stuart has overseen 123 games for 57 games at a success rate of 46.3%
Paul McGregor 139 66 0 73 47℅

Interesting Move by the Raiders!
They waited until he made the finals. Smart club. Wish we followed one as smart.

S.T.G

Bench
His mate Gus Gould is doing the review.
He said his not getting paid.
His doing it for free

“I’m doing Paul McGregor a favour, he asked me a couple of weeks ago,” Gould told Nine’s 100% Footy.

Which means same shit next year.
We will go one better and get the spoon next year

• Local Sport

Hahaha the unfunny Carl Barron

Latest posts