What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jeremy Latimore to retire at seasons end:

redVinme

Bench
Have you ever met Latimore? Fantastic person. I don't give a f**k what since numbers on a stat sheet say because it has nothing to do with the kind of bloke he is

Never accused him of not being a good bloke. If you re read it was in relation to him always doing his best. Which he didn't. Some weeks you'd almost need to intentionally run away from the ball to put up some of the numbers he did.

As for what kind of person he is. Sorry I'd rather a bloke who digs in while in the trenches and makes a difference on the field than someone who made me have a laugh at training.

DRAGONHEART4

Juniors
Never accused him of not being a good bloke. If you re read it was in relation to him always doing his best. Which he didn't. Some weeks you'd almost need to intentionally run away from the ball to put up some of the numbers he did.

As for what kind of person he is. Sorry I'd rather a bloke who digs in while in the trenches and makes a difference on the field than someone who made me have a laugh at training.
Thank f**k he’s gone. How was he always picked ahead of Kerr and timm.

SnowDragon

Juniors
Congrats Lats!

Can’t blame him for being selected, and he performed better than expected at times.
I wish they promoted the youndpger guys myself, but again, can’t blame the player.

Guess I'll Buck the trend here. For anyone that reckons Lats is a good bloke who always did his best I challenge you to look at some off his stat's off the bench this year which were pathetic. If consistently running for less than 50m off the bench was his best he should of f**ked off years ago. Suppose another good bloke doing his best kept selecting him though so go figure...
I am happy to know he's a good bloke and what a great squad member Latimore was but it doesn't detract from our performance this year.
I get that he's popular but how does that provide any player with a saloon passage into the 17 every week regardless of stats and form?
I also want to point out that while Latimore was jumping around the NRL playing for 5 different clubs, players like Nightingale were true champions that were loyal to St. George.
Nightingale finally retired with very little fanfare and nothing like the carry on that we are witnessing with Latimore.
As a reminder Nightingale was a one club player with St. George which is a rarity these days.
Played 266 games for the red and whites over 11 years scoring 110 tries during a stellar club and international career.
Came through our junior ranks and announced his retirement in 2018.
That is seriously out of whack if you ask me.

denis preston

First Grade
I am happy to know he's a good bloke and what a great squad member Latimore was but it doesn't detract from our performance this year.
I get that he's popular but how does that provide any player with a saloon passage into the 17 every week regardless of stats and form?
I also want to point out that while Latimore was jumping around the NRL playing for 5 different clubs, players like Nightingale were true champions that were loyal to St. George.
Nightingale finally retired with very little fanfare and nothing like the carry on that we are witnessing with Latimore.
As a reminder Nightingale was a one club player with St. George which is a rarity these days.
Played 266 games for the red and whites over 11 years scoring 110 tries during a stellar club and international career.
Came through our junior ranks and announced his retirement in 2018.
That is seriously out of whack if you ask me.

BUT like Latimore should have retired 2 years earlier but if the dumb club gave both these 2 extra years .Can't blame either but does demonstrate the boards lack of rugby league nous and just taking on the coaches advice at face value. The same as Dean Young is considered a NRL coach in waiting! Who is advocating this and it appears the board don't request any evidence.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Dean Young will be a great coach just like his father was.....NOT. Craig Young was a disaster when he coached Saints. I think he makes Mary look world class if you can compare. Not Pricey though, Craig Young would be on par with him.

denis preston

First Grade
Dean Young will be a great coach just like his father was.....NOT. Craig Young was a disaster when he coached Saints. I think he makes Mary look world class if you can compare. Not Pricey though, Craig Young would be on par with him.
Yes it's pretty obvious isn't it.Dean is just like Craig and both have good qualities about them but being able to get in the heads of 20 to 30 year old males wouldn't be one of them.

SEAT 1A

Bench
He was an ideal bench forward when we singed him from the Sharks.

By memory, Sele, Luc, Lawrie and Host were all coming through however, were a tad off the pace and Jerry fit the bill and keep the momentum going. He could also play front row.

Though after his injury this year he would have been overtaken especially by Kerr and finish up in CC and as it has played out possibly another premiership and that would have been a nice way to retire.

Old Timer

Coach
Lats was always a plodder and the fanfare re his retirement completely over the top.
Many players come and go and such is the way of things and many slide right under the radar but for some reason Lats is getting star status and he never reached that level.
It would be truly remiss of me not to say that the entire purpose of his signing (to mentor the young forwards in the lower grade) was ignored as he was selected far too often in the top grade and played almost all of that off the bench.
Good luck to him in the future but I for one am glad he is gone and just hope we don't replace him with Lats MK11.

BUT like Latimore should have retired 2 years earlier but if the dumb club gave both these 2 extra years .Can't blame either but does demonstrate the boards lack of rugby league nous and just taking on the coaches advice at face value. The same as Dean Young is considered a NRL coach in waiting! Who is advocating this and it appears the board don't request any evidence.
You can't seriously compare Nightingale to Latimore?
Nightingale scored 16 tries in his penultimate year.
It's also interesting to compare an aging Nightingale to the second stringers we keep trotting out on the wing since he left.

Latest posts