What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 NRLW R1 Sat - Roosters 12-16 Warriors @ AAMI

Round 1: Roosters v Warriors

• Warriors

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL Womens 2019 - Round 1
Sydney Roosters v Warriors
AAMI Park, Melbourne (TICKETS)
Saturday 14 September 2019

Kickoff 3:05pm

TL-SYD19.png

1. Corban McGregor 2. Karina Brown 3. Shontelle Stowers 4. Isabelle Kelly 5. Kiana Takairangi 6. Kirra Dibb 7. Melanie Howard 8. Ruan Sims 9. Nita Maynard 10. Vanessa Foliaki 11. Tallisha Harden 12. Hannah Southwell 13. Simaima Taufa-Kautai
Interchange: 14. Zahara Temara 15. Rebecca Young 16. Aliti Namoce 17. Caitlan Johnston 18. Bobbi Law 19. Shanice Parker 20. Simone Smith 21. Quincy Dodd

TL-WAR20.png

1. Apii Nicholls 2. Hilda Mariu 3. Jules Newman 4. Atawhai Tupaea 5. Madison Bartlett 6. Timaima Ravisa 7. Charntay Poko 8. Annetta Nuuausala 9. Krystal Rota 10. Aieshaleigh Smalley 11. Kathleen Wharton 12. Crystal Tamarua 13. Georgia Hale
Interchange: 14. Kanyon Paul 15. Tasia Seumanufagai 16. Billy-Jean Ale 17. Amber Kani 18. Roela Radiniyavuni 21. Tanika-Jazz Noble 24. Onjeurlina Leiataua 25. Tyler Reid

TjvafiD.png

Referees: Ziggy Przeklasa-Adamski, Daniel Schwass
Sideline Officials: Jordan Morel, Mitchell Currie
Video Referees: Steve Clark, Beau Scott

Last edited:

This Year?

Immortal
Quagmire's dad against the Kiwi big boppers will be a great contest and the class of Kelly to shine through for the Roosters. I find the Warriors such a likeable team and feel that they could be anything.

adamkungl

Immortal
Wild question
But why are Roosters and Warriors playing in Melbourne on Saturday instead of before the Roosters game in Sydney on Friday?

This Year?

Immortal
Must be a scheduling thing. It would have been.better for it to play it before the men's Roosters game, but I assume the women are playing weekends only.

TheDMC

Bench
Warriors women >>>>>>>> Warriors men

How good is the kicking game of the NZ half!

This Year?

Immortal
Yep, seamlessly followed by a grubber into the ingoal too.. The whole game was entertaining viewing.
I only saw the 2nd half. but from what I saw both middles were great and the Rooster edges were a bit clunky with the ball. The Warriors defence and their kicking game was spot on. How good was the runaround!

Valheru

Coach
Still think they should shorten the field.

The quality is high but it can be hard for teams to get out of their own end because the ladies simply don't kick as far as the men thus the reason they have 40/30s and not 40/20s

Shortening the field to 80m would result in more end to end action IMO.

Cue the 'Sexist' comments.

This Year?

Immortal
Still think they should shorten the field.

The quality is high but it can be hard for teams to get out of their own end because the ladies simply don't kick as far as the men thus the reason they have 40/30s and not 40/20s

Shortening the field to 80m would result in more end to end action IMO.

Cue the 'Sexist' comments.
I like the idea, maybe also shorten the width of the field to make the distance shorter for sideline conversions. How does this get put into practice when they are playing on the same field and on the same day as the men?

Valheru

Coach
I like the idea, maybe also shorten the width of the field to make the distance shorter for sideline conversions. How does this get put into practice?

Completely agree. They could just use the 10m line as the try line, paint it a different colour if necessary. I can't see that effecting the mens game on the same ground.

Not sure how to shorten the width without making it look weird.

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
MATCH REPORT - Warriors 16 Roosters 12:

History repeats as Warriors begin NRLW season with upset victory
Josh Robertson | September 14 2019 4:54PM

Sydney Roosters v Warriors

For the second year in a row, the Warriors have pulled off an upset in the opening match of the NRLW season after defeating the Sydney Roosters 16-12 at AAMI Park.

The Roosters dominated early with both the field position and possession but the Warriors defence was too strong and the Kiwi based side was able to push the Tricolours line, also unable to come up with any points.

Read the full report - https://leagueunlimited.com/news/34116-roosters-v-warriors-report/

TheDMC

Bench
While a smaller field makes sense from a kicking depth perspective, it would be pretty weird to try and modify pitch dimensions like that, especially as not easy to move goal posts. Not really worth it. That Kiwi half's kicking game was as long as Blake Greens and a lot more accurate :)