What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So whoose we gunna play in the GF ?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Heart Says

Melbourne to beat Canberra so we do not play them til the GF
Parra to beat Brisbane, f**k Brisbane
Sharks to beat Manly of course
Roosters to beat Souths, f**k Sell out Souff$

Canberra to beat Parra, I like Ricky
Sharks to beat $ouff$ of course

Canberra to beat Roosters,again Ricky
Sharks to beat Melbourne of course

Sharks beat Canberra of course

Head says

Melbourne too good for Canberra
Brisbane too good for Parra up front
Sharks Manly down critical troops
Roosters too good for Souths

Canberra too good for Brisbane or Parra
Sharks too good for Souths

Melbourne too good for us
Roosters too good for Canberra

Melbourne, too hard to win two in a row

azzah72

Bench
I think we have definitely ended up on the "harder" side of the draw.

If we get close, we've done well.

Heart Says

Melbourne to beat Canberra so we do not play them til the GF
Parra to beat Brisbane, f**k Brisbane
Sharks to beat Manly of course
Roosters to beat Souths, f**k Sell out Souff$

Canberra to beat Parra, I like Ricky
Sharks to beat $ouff$ of course

Canberra to beat Roosters,again Ricky
Sharks to beat Melbourne of course

Sharks beat Canberra of course

Head says

Melbourne too good for Canberra
Brisbane too good for Parra up front
Sharks Manly down critical troops
Roosters too good for Souths

Canberra too good for Brisbane or Parra
Sharks too good for Souths

Melbourne too good for us
Roosters too good for Canberra

Melbourne, too hard to win two in a row

Im probably a little senile so I like detailed explanations . Pictures and diagrams help as well. "When you put it like "heart says" one it does sound possible... but then again we have to get over the seeegulls first :rolleyes:..some say you come6,7 or 8th you dont deserve it But if the team that came first can't beat the team that came 6,7 or eighth at the business end of the season, they dont deserve it. Id be ecstatically happy if we were to knock em off

Last edited:

ghoti

Bench
Wild that there's a semi-realistic path to the grand final for us. Manly should be a win, if we can't beat them we didn't deserve to be in the 8 (hint: we don't deserve to be there we've been shit since Origin). We can beat Melbourne, should have beat Canberra twice, can knock of South's...Roosters are the only one I'm not sure we know how to beat.

carinashark

First Grade
Canberra can beat Melbourne but they would have to be at full strength. I actually think we can beat Melbourne with what we have minus Woods and Moylan. The last two have way to many missed tackles and dropped ball between them. Playing in the grand final with Moylan would make me very nervous.

Canberra can beat Melbourne but they would have to be at full strength. I actually think we can beat Melbourne with what we have minus Woods and Moylan. The last two have way to many missed tackles and dropped ball between them. Playing in the grand final with Moylan would make me very nervous.
See, playing in the grand final would make would make me happy.

Nah, we need Canberra to beat Melbourne, so we dont play in Melbourne in round 3.
We'll play Canberra in Sydney (ANZ /SCG will be their home ground for that match).
We should have beaten Canberra twice this year.
Hang on, do melbourne get a home prelim semi if they lose?

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
Yep our road if we beat Manly will be probably the harder one. If we’re gonna get to the GF we’ll have definitely earned it.

cb4

First Grade
Nah, we need Canberra to beat Melbourne, so we dont play in Melbourne in round 3.
We'll play Canberra in Sydney (ANZ /SCG will be their home ground for that match).
We should have beaten Canberra twice this year.

I am pretty sure the game would be in Canberra. Regional and interstate teams got the benefit to host.
Hence, we played Melbourne in Melbourne last year.

The perfect draw to glory for us is ;

Week 1
St V Ra = RA @melbourne
Ro V Bun = Ro @Sydney Knight
Sh V Eag = Sh @Broook
Eel V Bro = Eel @Sydney

Week 2
St V Eel = St @melbourne
Sh V Bun = Sh @ Syd

Week 3
Sh V Ra = Sh @ Canberra
St V Ro = Ro @ Melbourne

GF = Sharks V Roosters

Card Shark

Immortal
Wild that there's a semi-realistic path to the grand final for us.

We had that last year too & we finished top 4.

Just missed beating the roosters - would’ve levelled up if Lewis didn’t drop the ball over the line.

We need massive improvement if we are to win past this week & next + take our f**king chances!

bubs

Juniors
I am pretty sure the game would be in Canberra. Regional and interstate teams got the benefit to host.
Hence, we played Melbourne in Melbourne last year.
In this situation, I don't believe Canberra is classified as an interstate team for this round of the finals.
Gold Coast, Brisbane, Townsville, Auckland and Melbourne are. Canberra is not.

If Canberra lose then they will play in Canberra week 2, but I dont think they play there in Round 3 if they win in Melbourne.