What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gould reviewing Dragons.

twinkletoes

Juniors
In a corporate sense this is like a CEO who has been in charge of a company for 6 years and which has not made a profit or paid dividends for 6 years telling the board that he is going get a mate to undertake a review of the company operations, but not his role in running the company, to see what can be improved. The board is derelict in its duty by allowing the employee to set the terms of reference, which does not include a review of his own performance...this is like the inmates running the asylum

Saint Angelo

Juniors
Make no mistake this Gould review is nothing but a big smokescreen.....simply put the Board know full well they arnt going to sack The Imposter......because they made a gigantic blunder in signing him for another 2 years when it wasnt warranted they
Are now pretending to address the issue by having Gus on the review to give people the impression things will be different next year and beyond........and as forThe Imposter calling in his supposed mate Gould hes only doing that imo to save his own arse

Exactly this !!!

Mary is just getting the Media on-board so oncethe so called "Review" is over and the club confirms that Mary will still be the coach next year, the Media (i.e. CH9, Gus & Co) won't blast us in the press.

The thing that aggravates me the most is this talk that the club hasn't got enough money to pay him out ($1.2M).
So what happens after Round 8 next year if we are 1 from 8 ? Will the club have enough money then to pay him out?

Or maybe the club thinks that an extra 2000 members will sign-up following the "Review" when in fact 4000 existing members will NOT RENEW their membership because the club has stuck with McFailure for 2020.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Buzz on Controversy Corner tonight:

- it doesn't make sense for Gould to assist with review;
- how can a review be conducted without assessing the head coach (performances have not been great over 5 years);
- conflicted: Gould is good friends with Mary;
- Dragons fans deserve better.

Andrew Voss:

- disclaimer: I am good friends with Gould;
- he has the sharpest mind in league;
- Mary has a new two year contract so of course his position won't be subject to review;
- Gould's role is to offer advice on how the club can improve under Mary.

The bald f#*ker fails on every performance indicator except his networking prowess. Reminds me of the bitch at work, an absolute cancer but gets by on building relationships with people who are not directly exposed to her work.

Makes my f#*king blood boil.

Straight Shooter

But there is no need for a review of Mary because he is his own harshest critic!- CEO BJ said the same thing when interviewed on Talkin Sport. Mary obviously has skills in mass hypnosis as no media types apart from Buzz Rothfield are blowing up about the self serving drivel that flows from his mouth.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
But there is no need for a review of Mary because he is his own harshest critic!- CEO BJ said the same thing when interviewed on Talkin Sport. Mary obviously has skills in mass hypnosis as no media types apart from Buzz Rothfield are blowing up about the self serving drivel that flows from his mouth.
Yep I agree Buzz Rothfield knows exactely whats wrong with our current set up but you watch every time he raises the issue re Our Imposter he gets howled down or talked over the top of......as Ive stated on here add nauseam it astounds me the latitude our imposter is allowed over and over and over....simply defies belief tbh

draco

Juniors
200.webp

Come on Gus. Really?

You said Ivan was too tired and in need of a rest and Anthony would never take Penrith to a Grand Final victory. So, indeed you took the hard line.

Oh and please know this is not "just a review" to us fans. Everything is riding on the outcome/decisions that are going to be made.

Just search deep inside yourself and find the way to have that "hard conversation" with Mary, you know, like a "father to son".

Where in any real world does an NRL coach with this record get a chance to "come back as a rookie and start all over again" irrespective of work ethic and simply being a good bloke. None. You know that.

Like I said. Have the conversation. There is no doubt that you will be doing both Paul McGregor and us a huge favour.

P.S. Thanks, in advance.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
200.webp

Come on Gus. Really?

You said Ivan was too tired and in need of a rest and Anthony would never take Penrith to a Grand Final victory. So, indeed you took the hard line.

Oh and please know this is not "just a review" to us fans. Everything is riding on the outcome/decisions that are going to be made.

Just search deep inside yourself and find the way to have that "hard conversation" with Mary, you know, like a "father to son".

Where in any real world does an NRL coach with this record get a chance to "come back as a rookie and start all over again" irrespective of work ethic and simply being a good bloke. None. You know that.

Like I said. Have the conversation. There is no doubt that you will be doing both Paul McGregor and us a huge favour.

P.S. Thanks, in advance.

Some people have faith in Gould and he is articulate and convincing but the evidence at Penrith would seem to suggest that he gets a lot wrong- his flawed judgement calls on the quality of coaches and players in particular have cost the Panthers millions of dollars in payouts.

He's backing Mary which is about as rookie an error you can make and I
wouldn't be surprised if he's offered the role of SGI Director of Football Operations- or similar title- to complete the disaster.

Tuddy

Juniors

Clearly if the guy read this forum he would know that he is well and truly not his harshest critic.

Dragons 09

Juniors
In a corporate sense this is like a CEO who has been in charge of a company for 6 years and which has not made a profit or paid dividends for 6 years telling the board that he is going get a mate to undertake a review of the company operations, but not his role in running the company, to see what can be improved. The board is derelict in its duty by allowing the employee to set the terms of reference, which does not include a review of his own performance...this is like the inmates running the asylum

Not my words, but kind of seems appropriate.

In the beginning there is a review.

And then come the Assumptions and Plan.

And the Assumptions and Plan were without form.

And darkness was upon the face of the Workers.

And they spoke among themselves, saying, "It is a crock of shit, and it stinketh."

And the workers went unto their Supervisors and said, "It is a pail of dung, and none may abide the odour thereof."

And the Supervisors went unto their Managers, saying, "It is a container of excrement, and it is very strong, such that none may abide by it."

And the Managers went unto their Directors, saying, "It is a vessel of fertiliser, and none may abide its strength."

And the Directors spoke amongst themselves, saying one to another, "It contains that which aids plant growth, and it is very strong."

And the Directors then went onto the Vice Presidents, saying unto them, "It promotes growth and is very powerful."

And the Vice Presidents went unto the President, saying unto him, "This new plan will actively promote the growth and vigour of the company; with powerful effects."

And the President looked upon the Plan, and saw that it was good.

And the Plan became Policy.

This is How Shit Happens.

possm

Coach
Exactly this !!!

Mary is just getting the Media on-board so oncethe so called "Review" is over and the club confirms that Mary will still be the coach next year, the Media (i.e. CH9, Gus & Co) won't blast us in the press.

The thing that aggravates me the most is this talk that the club hasn't got enough money to pay him out ($1.2M).
So what happens after Round 8 next year if we are 1 from 8 ? Will the club have enough money then to pay him out?

Or maybe the club thinks that an extra 2000 members will sign-up following the "Review" when in fact 4000 existing members will NOT RENEW their membership because the club has stuck with McFailure for 2020.
Either nothing will happen just like nothing has happened over the last 6 years or, Dean Young will be appointed as interim coach and then extended for 3 years at season's end.

Of course funds are available, they just need to be added to the SGI budget by the share holders.

I am now convinced the approval by St George for WIN to be our partner was the biggest mistake made since 1999 when we partnered with the Illawarra club.

BBTB

Juniors
Worst of all Gould openly states:

Paul’s a mate

I am reviewing his review process

How is this a comprehensive independent review

I can now see how McGregor got the job in the first place

I have great mentors

Phil Gould is my sounding board

If the current Board doesn’t get an injection of new blood, our club will be playing Park footy in Adelaide or Perth within 2 years
Hope so....
That'll teach'm
I am personally, fed up with this shit, being dished up week after week...
This is not, & has been for a long time, the St George organization I want to be associated with. They are a group of fraudulent parasites, self serving
imposters.
I personally will not be
Rejoining this once proud Club.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Apparently Gould is not reviewing the coach so god help us that whoever is reviewing the coach is recommending a new coach. We can only hope.

If Gould is looking at the retention I am sure he will give it a pass as the squad is great and the only players that should be cut are the 2 centres.

Gareth67

First Grade
Some people have faith in Gould and he is articulate and convincing but the evidence at Penrith would seem to suggest that he gets a lot wrong- his flawed judgement calls on the quality of coaches and players in particular have cost the Panthers millions of dollars in payouts.

He's backing Mary which is about as rookie an error you can make and I
wouldn't be surprised if he's offered the role of SGI Director of Football Operations- or similar title- to complete the disaster.

The man has a lot of Donald Trump in him , perhaps he would make a good politician ?