What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Signings for 2020 and future looking team

ALSGI

Bench
if we are meant to believe all the rumors, backline starts looking like the below.

1. Sailor / Lomax / Dufty
2. Mcdonald
3. Gigot
4. Morris
5. Sio

6. Norman
7. Hunt

Id take the above a couple of hard nose centres and some smart finishing wingers w a question mark over Nene...
Mickey, that would give us the oldest geriatric backline in the NRL.

draco

Juniors
Tony Gigot was singled out by the Catalans Dragons chairman

Catalans Dragons chairman Bernard Guasch has blamed the team’s collapse on the players and said he had been “affected” by the attitude of Tony Gigot.

In an interview with Perpignan newspaper L’Independant, Guasch said he has been devastated by the team’s recent form, which included back-to-back home defeats by relegation-threatened duo London Broncos and Hull KR.

The Dragons began the season with high hopes of building on their historic 2018 Challenge Cup success and were sitting in third place after the Magic Weekend in May, but they will finish outside the top five after winning just three of their last 11 matches.

http://www.samfordcrimson.com/20190...ny-gigot-and-other-players-rugby-league-news/

Guess he will feel right at home at the SGI dragons.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Obviously meant to be the FB solution.

Looks overweight and average at best .......... send him away and tell to knock on our door once he's reached 33 or older. If he's gone to SL at a young age, it means he can't cut the mustard here, so no doubt, MasterChef will bring him back.

We should retain Maranta instead and you all know what l think of him.

How l now pine for Josh McCrones' return.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
If,if, if the story is factual, then this surely would be a CC level player and used as a back up only. The rumours that Dufty, Field and possibly Nicholls are on the way out there is no "experienced" player to play fullback in reserves.

Sailor and Lomax would be the logical 2 to fight out the first grade fullback spot.

Gogot, who can play centre and 5/8 as well woukd just be another Nicholls imo.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
If,if, if the story is factual, then this surely would be a CC level player and used as a back up only. The rumours that Dufty, Field and possibly Nicholls are on the way out there is no "experienced" player to play fullback in reserves.

Sailor and Lomax would be the logical 2 to fight out the first grade fullback spot.

Gogot, who can play centre and 5/8 as well woukd just be another Nicholls imo.

Gigot would not polish Duftys boots.
Dufty is nrl tested.
Gigot is SL / French league tested.
Keep Dufty, bin the French toast.

Gareth67

First Grade
Tony Gigot was singled out by the Catalans Dragons chairman

Catalans Dragons chairman Bernard Guasch has blamed the team’s collapse on the players and said he had been “affected” by the attitude of Tony Gigot.

In an interview with Perpignan newspaper L’Independant, Guasch said he has been devastated by the team’s recent form, which included back-to-back home defeats by relegation-threatened duo London Broncos and Hull KR.

The Dragons began the season with high hopes of building on their historic 2018 Challenge Cup success and were sitting in third place after the Magic Weekend in May, but they will finish outside the top five after winning just three of their last 11 matches.

http://www.samfordcrimson.com/20190...ny-gigot-and-other-players-rugby-league-news/

Guess he will feel right at home at the SGI dragons.

Yes undoubtedly , he has the form on the board to be yet another astute signing by the maestro. :flushed:

Yes undoubtedly , he has the form on the board to be yet another astute signing by the maestro. :flushed:

Gigot suitors ... Huddersfield, Toronto Wolfpack and St George Illawarra.

F.ck, what illustrious company we are in... it appears we have finally found our level.

I hope it’s a very short term deal they have signed .. just long enough to be the final millstone around the pariahs’ neck.

redVinme

Juniors
Looks overweight and average at best .......... send him away and tell to knock on our door once he's reached 33 or older. If he's gone to SL at a young age, it means he can't cut the mustard here, so no doubt, MasterChef will bring him back.

We should retain Maranta instead and you all know what l think of him.

How l now pine for Josh McCrones' return.

Agree. He was getting mowed down by players when making a break. Not to mention the few pitiful efforts where he was too unfit to go the length of the field so instead surrendered. (typical Frenchman)
Pass

Sign bailey simminson from Canberra. Younger and far more upside

Gareth67

First Grade
Gigot suitors ... Huddersfield, Toronto Wolfpack and St George Illawarra.

F.ck, what illustrious company we are in... it appears we have finally found our level.

I hope it’s a very short term deal they have signed .. just long enough to be the final millstone around the pariahs’ neck.

Sorry Too old too slow but the maestro can have the weight of the Harbour Bridge around his neck , but it won’t make the slightest difference - his necks made of spring-steel .

Last edited:
Gigot’s highlights are a bit iffy, and quiet old. Even Aitken could put together a better highlights reel.

He’d be 29 next year or 30 in Dec 2020.

Knocked back a contract at Catalans? What sort of contract did he knock back? What are we offering him because aint marquee.

A big NO from me, too old for mine, surely we can find better prospects.
Except Aitkin can't pass

possm

Coach
I say fill the first grade positions with first graders first and then look to recruiting or promoting players for reserve grade.

I hope we have a good cleanout of reserve grade and I'm sure this is on. But we don't need a reserve grade fullback until we settle on the first grade fullback. So first things first:
Send Aitken on his way and replace him with Lomax or a first grade right centre.
Send Lafai on his way and replace him with Sailor or a first grade centre.
Send Maranta and Runciman on their way as well, they are blocking younger players.
Our left winger should be Saab.
Our right winger should be a competent first grade winger.
Our halves will be Norman and Hunt although I have a preference for Sailor 6, Norman 7.

So until we see new signings our backline should be:
1. Lomax
2. Saab
3. Ravalawa - I'd like to see Ramien recruited for this position.
4. Sailor - I'd like to see a first grade centre recruited.
5. Pearson - He needs a big off-season to hold this position.
6. Norman - I'd rather Sailor at five-eighth.
7. Hunt - I'd rather see Hunt released and Norman at 7.

Releasing Hunt, Aitken, Lafai, Dufty, Field, Maranta and Masters should give us the funds to sign a first grade fullback or a couple of first grade centres and a first grade winger. From there recruit or promote reserve grade backup.

snogard6

Juniors
We should be going all out to get Ronaldo Mulitano !!! The kid is a weapon... He will be the next big star in our game

Ieatass

Juniors
if we are meant to believe all the rumors, backline starts looking like the below.

1. Sailor / Lomax / Dufty
2. Mcdonald
3. Gigot
4. Morris
5. Sio

6. Norman
7. Hunt

Id take the above a couple of hard nose centres and some smart finishing wingers w a question mark over Nene...

If we’re actually meant to be believing the rumours, our backline should look like this.

1. Tristan Sailor
2. Jason Saab
3. Zac Lomax
4. Curtis Scott
5. Nene McDonald
6. Corey Norman
7. Ben Hunt

They’ll use Tony Gigot for fullback and halves depth as Field, Dufty and Nicholls are all set to leave. Morris won’t be coming and and if Sio comes he’ll be playing reserve grade because I can’t see him taking over from Saab or McDonald, unless they magically get flippers for hands.

Latest posts