What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

18to87

First Grade
What is concerning me at this point in time is that there have been a couple of posts suggesting that it is he - Paul McGregor who is running the show , something that I find unbelievable . Surely it is the hierarchy of the J.V. calling the shots ?

This brings us to the question - just what is actually happening down WIN way and just how much influence does each party of the amalgamation actually have ?

I fear the truth of this matter .
Even more concerning is that it was originally suggested by Johnston that Gould would be looking at the coach. Then Gould came out and said that he isn't and that McGregor sourced him. No matter which way you look at it - this is disturbing. Who is in charge? Is McGregor playing the board? He played Price to get the job in the first place - rightly or wrongly.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Wane as first grade coach Mary to coach reserves hence why Head is out. Yeah, wishful thinking.

If all Saints are worried about is paying him out then just drop the knob to reserve grade coach. I am sure he will resign as it will really be an embarrassment and Saints will not have to pay a cent.

Saints had the lowest attendance for the season. There is no way Mary can spin that in his favour. That is a clear indicator the fans have given up. Losing on average 5-6,000 people turning up to a home game is around 150k per game. Saints will make up his supposed pay out in 4 home games each year over the 2 year period they were going to pay him. Once he is gone the crowds will go up to average 14k-16k you would hope. If they keep him then they are prepared to lose 150k per game all season.

This last few days shows 2 things:-

1. How weak the Board is as if they were really concerned about the performance and the mess the team is in they would have sacked Mary by now. That is a true indicator of strong the administration is taking no crap for poor performance. Instead it looks like they are doing everything in their power to make good reason to keep him.

2. If Mary really loved the club he would have tendered his resignation by know or shown some indication he will step down or move aside. All we have seen is him preparing for next season by all accounts and excuses coming out deluxe which the board seem to be accepting. Again weak administration.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Even more concerning is that it was originally suggested by Johnston that Gould would be looking at the coach. Then Gould came out and said that he isn't and that McGregor sourced him. No matter which way you look at it - this is disturbing. Who is in charge? Is McGregor playing the board? He played Price to get the job in the first place - rightly or wrongly.

Mate seriously, Johnston as CEO is a insult of an appointment for those who have come before him.
Laurie Doust and alike would be turning in their graves.

l liked Johnston as a player but that's no reason to grant him such an important role within the club.
With Johnston & McGregor, Gordon and the board have really done a number on us fans.

Tuddy

Juniors
The only thing that makes sense is that he is an exceptionally good mate of Gordon's son and that the Gordon's have something of benefit to the JV that stops the St George side from getting too involved.

I mean saying we all start again as rookies, yeah, that's what the fans want to hear after coming second last.

Last edited:

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
The process isn’t important when you come second last, players are playing worse, you have the team you want and you blow it and play like merkins. Note he has already foreshadowed the outcome of the review, rendering
I have got the bloke all wrong , he is way ahead of all coaches in the league... McGregor is a Genius , no other coach could have kept his job never mind an extension as well.... GENIUS....
Hes a great bloke, everyone I have know that have met him reckon he’s one of the best blokes they have ever met and the sort of bloke that would give you the shirt off his back. People like that are hard to sack.

qld redvee

Juniors
love supercoaches remarks in the harshest critic report ...
this year we have been out of finals contention for a VERY long time .( makes it sound like about round 14 maybe earlier ) yet... wasnt he still sprouting that if we won our last 6 we could make the finals ??? Be nice to know what the very long time actually is that he knew we were shot ducks ..
2nd remark -- I dont think we got our pre season right -- Okay who is responsible for the pre season if its not supercoach ... thats right Hornby head and crawley just went out and did it and coachy just let them WTF !!!!!! Takes NO responsibility but continually says he IS the coach .. I just hope Gus sees through all this BS and acts accordingly.
Like I said in a previous post "if mary asks his mentors for advice and gus has been one of them then he doesnt listen to them and therefore Gus would have to make recommendations saying he doesnt listen and is a stubborn bugger ... lets hope

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Hes a great bloke, everyone I have know that have met him reckon he’s one of the best blokes they have ever met and the sort of bloke that would give you the shirt off his back. People like that are hard to sack.

Easy as to sack him ......

Sack face to face.
Sack by phone call.
Sack him by email.
Sack him by text.
Get the board to sack him.
Get BJ to sack him..... ( that might be a hard one, BJ lacking any balls )

Let the the fans sack him!

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade

St Georgio

Juniors
Let’s play “ choose the coach”

View attachment 32919
McLoser with your 2020 major coach sponsor.

V

View attachment 32920
(Wane)

Clue: one will still be a rookie after 8 seasons, the other has won everything possible, multiple times.

Choose carefully Brian you brown nosing boofhead.
It's so annoying to see some great opportunies sail by in the coaching ranks over the last few years only to continue with the Rookie.

Latest posts