What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Crowd Watch

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
I can't believe we are somewhat bagging the results of bankwest stadium..

Name one other new Sydney stadium that has actually successfully got a team to average 20k plus at home..

Did sfs help roosters in 1988 ?
Did kogarah upgrade help at George in 2003?
Did ANZ really help bulldogs in 2004?

wazdog

Juniors
They are. And a bit of certainty as to the weather I suggest?

The Rabbitohs Supporters section sold out at 2pm yesterday after 4 hours of being on sale and the Roosters Supporters bay only today, so nice try.

We will outnumber the Roosters supporters on Friday night like we do at all their "home" games.

Stallion

First Grade
The Rabbitohs Supporters section sold out at 2pm yesterday after 4 hours of being on sale and the Roosters Supporters bay only today, so nice try.

We will outnumber the Roosters supporters on Friday night like we do at all their "home" games.

? Trying at what ? I've suggested a big crowd. And looks like it's happening? Hope it's a sellout!

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
I can't believe we are somewhat bagging the results of bankwest stadium..

Name one other new Sydney stadium that has actually successfully got a team to average 20k plus at home..

Did sfs help roosters in 1988 ?
Did kogarah upgrade help at George in 2003?
Did ANZ really help bulldogs in 2004?
Original parra stadium average 20k in the 1st year, then the eels went on that horrible decade of shit till the sl war.

wazdog

Juniors
? Trying at what ? I've suggested a big crowd. And looks like it's happening? Hope it's a sellout!

I misread the post as a Rabbitohs fans payday / Centrelink dig that I usually see online and for once it wasn’t!

I’m holding out on getting my tickets as they still seem to only be selling tickets on the side where the TV coverage is. When I called Ticketek they mentioned that they are being held by the NRL are aren’t available yet. Our ticketing system sucks. You should be able to select any seat you want (similar to what you can do on the Opera House website, StubHub overseas etc).

Last edited:

Valheru

Coach

No you won't and you never have.

See the prelim last year as an example.

Don't forgot SCG members and roosters fans are generally one in the same.

TheFrog

Coach
Pretty sure the govt would welcome any Sydney club playing there if they choose to.
I'm sure they would too and the Bulldogs and Tigers have already taken it up, but both clubs don't really have a satisfactory ground and it hasn't exactlt been a spectacular success. It's the heart of enemy territory in any case. Parramatta can expect to draw a good crowd in Parramatta. No-one else can unless its novelty value.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I'm sure they would too and the Bulldogs and Tigers have already taken it up, but both clubs don't really have a satisfactory ground and it hasn't exactlt been a spectacular success. It's the heart of enemy territory in any case. Parramatta can expect to draw a good crowd in Parramatta. No-one else can unless its novelty value.

Maybe if they made it "home" rather than just the odd game then their fans would take to it more?
I dont see problems in other sports with clubs sharing a stadium and it feeling like home to them. If it is Eeels stadium that you use every now and again of course it will feel like enemy territory, but if all your games are there and on game day its decked out with your colours etc then it will soon feel like home. You would be a bit crazy as a fan to prefer ANZ over Bankwest I'd have thought?

ACTPanthers

Bench
Maybe if they made it "home" rather than just the odd game then their fans would take to it more?
I dont see problems in other sports with clubs sharing a stadium and it feeling like home to them. If it is Eeels stadium that you use every now and again of course it will feel like enemy territory, but if all your games are there and on game day its decked out with your colours etc then it will soon feel like home. You would be a bit crazy as a fan to prefer ANZ over Bankwest I'd have thought?
Wouldn't work with the Panthers. Most Panthers fans feel unbridled hatred towards Parra - It's not rational, but it's there. As a Panthers fan, I could never happily share anything with the Eels...

Latest posts