What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sean wane

Saint or sinner

Juniors
I think there mad if they don't sign him .not many coaches available have a record like his.money is the issue for me they don't want to pay out 1.2 mill to Mary...and WIN Corp love there Illawarra boys

hazzbeen

Bench
Wane would only come over as a head coach.

He would only be considered if they were thinking of punting Mary (which sounds as if they are not).

So instead, we'll likely get Woolford to be another useless assistant who adds no value at all (like previous assistants).
That's what will happen , Mary doesn't want anyone here that knows how to coach ...... It will show him up .... Anyway half way through next year we will all be saying we wasted another year .....

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Wane would only come over as a head coach.

He would only be considered if they were thinking of punting Mary (which sounds as if they are not).

So instead, we'll likely get Woolford to be another useless assistant who adds no value at all (like previous assistants).

We are bordering on having one to one ratio, player / assistant as we speak.
For Christ sake, sack the idiot, clear out the deadwood and let's go again.

St Georgio

Juniors
Epiphany-New Zealand Warriors coach has as shocker, midway through 2020 gets the Chop, Shaun Waney gets the Job, Our super coach scrapes through into Eight position, we get knockout 1st week, but super coach is proud of his players and all others within, he promises bigger and better things to come for 2021.
2021 is a repeat of 2019, Warriors make the GF!

GC Dragon

Juniors
Mary has been very clever bringing his mate Gus in to do this so called independent review . What will happen is assistant coaches , high performance staff and players will cop the brunt of the blame . They will be the ones to pay the penalty for a completely inept head coach .
Mary by doing this has given himself at least another year as our head coach . So the talk of Sean Wane or any other coach coming in is pointless .
The question is if a joe blow average supporter like me can see what is happening why can't our useless board ?.

boardlumps62

Juniors
I'm thinking of sending my resume in to Brian Johnston.
I have never played for the Dragons and have never coaches except a girls touch side.
I did play some local footy in the country one game I remember I shared best and fairest we played against Rod Urquhart s side and they beat us 85 nil. Also we had a beer with Rod and his team mates after the game. He thought we had potential being a young team of surfies.
Played against Stumpy Stevens and he smashed me but I can still remember how good he was.
So really I wouldn't be very good but can bring in some support if necessary.
Reckon I'm a chance.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
We just have to sign Wane, he is the best coach that is available and the best that will be available in the near future. Bellamy will never come and I don't want him to, the NRL needs a strong Storm. The other guys in Fitz and Demetriou are rookies also. I would prefer to see them go and do a head coaching stint in the UK first then come back once they have a few titles. Mary is an apprentice, and the toughest comp on earth is no place to do an apprenticeship under no one. He maybe could have made a good coach if he coached under someone for a few years and did a stint overseas but he didn't so unfortunately he has burned his bridges and his reputation and legacy are being destroyed day by day.

redVinme

Bench
Think I am the most dispondant I have ever been. Tell me 10 years ago I'd be happy to watch the team I love lose I'd probably swing at you. Now, nothing. Tell me that there is a premiership winning coach effectively begging to come fix the team will probably be avoided for a perinial loser like wolford. Not surprised. Tell me that all they serve at the SGI Xmas party is crowies and bacon. Not surprised too many snouts in the trough.

Butttt. Tell me that a professional business can't do simple maths on ins vs outs. Crowd figures, drop in metres gained, more errors, less points, less offloads and less wins doesn't understand the need to change.

I call bullshit. No one and no business is that dumb. Raw data doesn't lie and they should know as I'm sure they have hired an old boy to do the sums.

They don't care and like any other business that doesn't care they are doomed to fail. I just wish they'd be honest to the fans and admit it. f**k them all. Collectively stupid or not to some we have all have what we cherish ripped from us by greed and ineptitude. But as long as everyone keeps getting a pay cheque right?

Gareth67

First Grade
Mary has been very clever bringing his mate Gus in to do this so called independent review . What will happen is assistant coaches , high performance staff and players will cop the brunt of the blame . They will be the ones to pay the penalty for a completely inept head coach .
Mary by doing this has given himself at least another year as our head coach . So the talk of Sean Wane or any other coach coming in is pointless .
The question is if a joe blow average supporter like me can see what is happening why can't our useless board ?.

Your absolutely right GC Dragon , the chap won’t be signed nor any other knowledgeable coach - they have already made their decision, a long time ago mind you - Mary is THEIR man and he WILL see out his contract.

Our mob are on the road to rack and ruin and no amount of common sense will sway them from their chosen path. They are simply not interested in the cries of dissatisfaction from the Red V supporters regardless of how loud and sensible they may be .

It is almost as if they have decided to take the once mighty Dragon into the throes of death come hell or high water . I find the J.V. Board actions nothing short of criminal , they are committing fraud on the very entity they they are supposedly designated to breathe success into .

Last edited:

possm

Coach
I'd say the plan is to sack Mary early in 2020 and install Dean Young as interim head coach. Young then to be extended for 3 years at the end of 2020.

Dragon Blood

Juniors
Epiphany-New Zealand Warriors coach has as shocker, midway through 2020 gets the Chop, Shaun Waney gets the Job, Our super coach scrapes through into Eight position, we get knockout 1st week, but super coach is proud of his players and all others within, he promises bigger and better things to come for 2021.
2021 is a repeat of 2019, Warriors make the GF!
If McNoidea is still here in 2020 there is no hope in hell we’ll get anywhere near the top 8 next year.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
I have never played for the Dragons and have never coaches except a girls touch side.
I did play some local footy in the country one game I remember I shared best and fairest we played against Rod Urquhart s side and they beat us 85 nil. Also we had a beer with Rod and his team mates after the game. He thought we had potential being a young team of surfies.
Played against Stumpy Stevens and he smashed me but I can still remember how good he was.
Reckon I'm a chance.

Hire that man!

Walpole

Juniors
Reckon I'm a chance.
You've got my vote. I don't think you'd be any worse than what we've got!

Latest posts