What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 season

BxTom

Bench
Nothing will change. We will play the exact same way obviously. New attacking coach, new five eighth aand new hooker but everything will stay the same.
Thank God somebody else thinks this too. Bartrett was here before. Cleary (and others) has already trained under Barrett. Cleary senior is just going back to what he did before. Nothing new here. Just going further backwards...

OldPanther

Coach
Griffins attacking numbers aren't great either. We haven't been coached good attacking structures for years now.

Yeah it was a real sideways move in that regard. At least Barrett is coming in to do it. He's not a SuperCoach but should be an improvement.

OldPanther

Coach
Thank God somebody else thinks this too. Bartrett was here before. Cleary (and others) has already trained under Barrett. Cleary senior is just going back to what he did before. Nothing new here. Just going further backwards...

Well we did go one game from the GF in 2014 and started 2015 looking good until the injury curse happened. I'll take the 2014 success consistently.

betcats

Referee

What he did before was take us deep into the finals, I think he can do it again.

Fangs

Coach
And Penrith haven't looked that great in attack since 2004. Only individuals in the team standing out like Moylan, Peachey, Cartwright etc.

We shouldn't bother trying to be like the Storm or Roosters in attack. Too well rehearsed, led by the best coaching staff in the world. Maybe that is a goal in another 5-10 years but right now we can't compete. If we try playing their game we will lose 99/100...we win 1 game when they have an off day.

Further, we don't have the cattle to do it. Too many issues and constant changes with our spine and even if Nathan Cleary is the messiah many of you want him to be he won't be playing like that for a long time.

One of the great rugby league memes is 'jungle football' mainly associated with the Warriors for some weird reason. It means you offload the ball a lot and run hard. That should be Penrith's game plan. Let individual brilliance take over in attack and find kamikaze middle forwards who keep enough in the tank to explode through the middle of the field.

forby

Juniors
Nothing will change. We will play the exact same way obviously. New attacking coach, new five eighth aand new hooker but everything will stay the same.
The eternal pessimist!
Nothing the club does to try and improve things is good enough for you. What is the solution then? (Other than sacking the coach!)

franklin2323

Immortal
Interesting that it's conveniently lack of attack coaching when required for an argument and the halves fault at other times.

The 2 go together though. No doubt the attack works at training BUT if the same isn't working in the game then the vision of the player should take over.

For example going short to Kikau and Yeo if they are being tackled by 2 and 3 guys. You can keep doing it or try something new.

That is my biggest gripe with Nathan. Change it up cut out the backrower and go to centre or Winger play the gaps more

betcats

Referee
The eternal pessimist!
Nothing the club does to try and improve things is good enough for you. What is the solution then? (Other than sacking the coach!)

That was tongue in cheek. Im actually more optimistic about our chances next year than most of the regulars so no idea where the eternal pessimist stuff comes from.

franklin2323

Immortal
And Penrith haven't looked that great in attack since 2004. Only individuals in the team standing out like Moylan, Peachey, Cartwright etc.

We shouldn't bother trying to be like the Storm or Roosters in attack. Too well rehearsed, led by the best coaching staff in the world. Maybe that is a goal in another 5-10 years but right now we can't compete. If we try playing their game we will lose 99/100...we win 1 game when they have an off day.

Further, we don't have the cattle to do it. Too many issues and constant changes with our spine and even if Nathan Cleary is the messiah many of you want him to be he won't be playing like that for a long time.

One of the great rugby league memes is 'jungle football' mainly associated with the Warriors for some weird reason. It means you offload the ball a lot and run hard. That should be Penrith's game plan. Let individual brilliance take over in attack and find kamikaze middle forwards who keep enough in the tank to explode through the middle of the field.

We play better when we offload and have guys in motion... Yet we do the opposite inside the 20 which is fine if we had a set move or 2

OldPanther

Coach
The 2 go together though. No doubt the attack works at training BUT if the same isn't working in the game then the vision of the player should take over.

For example going short to Kikau and Yeo if they are being tackled by 2 and 3 guys. You can keep doing it or try something new.

That is my biggest gripe with Nathan. Change it up cut out the backrower and go to centre or Winger play the gaps more

It took me 5 minutes of effort last time to find multiple examples showing he does this. Now it takes a long time to make a video and I'm not making my channel Panthers centric so I'm not going to cover an entire year but this idea Nathan doesn't pass to the fullback or centre isn't accurate.

When combined with what has been shown on here before about Ivan that it's our attacking structures that suck.

franklin2323

Immortal
It took me 5 minutes of effort last time to find multiple examples showing he does this. Now it takes a long time to make a video and I'm not making my channel Panthers centric so I'm not going to cover an entire year but this idea Nathan doesn't pass to the fullback or centre isn't accurate.

When combined with what has been shown on here before about Ivan that it's our attacking structures that suck.

When has he done it this year? I don't remember any tries he created inside the 20 that wasn't himself or a grubber

franklin2323

Immortal
Yeah I know, they have both addressed the need for our attack to improve, we have already made changes. "Nothing will change" is really meaningless in this context franklin, it is definitely going to change.

Nothing is certain in footy. I remember people adamant that a new coach would fix us yet here we are worse off then this time last year. I want to see what the roster looks like before saying we are certainly going to be better next year

betcats

Referee
When has he done it this year? I don't remember any tries he created inside the 20 that wasn't himself or a grubber

He put Edwards over v the sharks a couple weeks ago inside the twenty. Put Mansour or Too over against the titans also, those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head, your memory isn't very good its not a valid source of what Nathan can and cant do. The cutout pass thing is rubbish, so is him not kicking for field position. He did both those things on the weekend and yet these myths still get perpetuated on here.