What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin2323

Immortal
Scott would be great, just what we need (other than the fact he has had some off field issues) but but would come at a cost and the Storm aren’t about to let him leave anyway.

There are many examples of outside backs who have transitioned into the forwards but not many examples of forwards who have transitioned the other way.

We would be doing a disservice to the likes of Laui/Burton/Burns to try and turn them into something they simply aren’t capable of long term.

Value for money for me is key. Now we fixed Hooker we can move guys around to fill where we need until someone of quality comes on the market. As long as we don't pay overs just to spend it then keep the money for the next season. There is enough talent out there to improve the roster regardless of what position we go for

Kilkenny

Coach
Value for money for me is key. Now we fixed Hooker we can move guys around to fill where we need until someone of quality comes on the market. As long as we don't pay overs just to spend it then keep the money for the next season. There is enough talent out there to improve the roster regardless of what position we go for

Given the players who have been allowed to leave, those fringe players who are not being resigned we will have to bring in at least four players if not more just to fill out the 30 man roster. I understand there will be some of the development boys and Flegg players who may be upgraded but there are a lot leaving so certainly we need to recruit just to fill in the gaps.

franklin2323

Immortal
Given the players who have been allowed to leave, those fringe players who are not being resigned we will have to bring in at least four players if not more just to fill out the 30 man roster. I understand there will be some of the development boys and Flegg players who may be upgraded but there are a lot leaving so certainly we need to recruit just to fill in the gaps.

My estimation is 5-6 new guys and about $1.5m or so to spend so can either get a starter or 2 or get better depth guys

MrBlack

Juniors

A Camry is value for money but it's never going to win Bathurst.

We need some V8's and will need to splash some cash to get some.

Crashtest

Juniors
Gould has a very strong opinion on the value JWH adds to a side, which he backs up with the statistic that the Roosters win over 64% of the time when he plays, and only 40% when he doesn't. With the exception of Taumalolo, would seem rare for a prop/middle forward to make such a statistical difference to a teams winning percentage.

It would also explain the rumours of us trying to sign him, if Gould was discussing this with Cleary and the recruitment committee prior to him leaving the club.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/phil-g...abbitohs/b79a090e-6278-4a30-bf88-6f190a136821

"You talk about players that have a great influence on results - Waerea-Hargreaves is player that has enormous influence on the results at the Roosters.

"When he plays in the team, they win over 64 per cent of the time. When he doesn't play, they only win 40 per cent of the time. You would think that's incredible, for a team that's had such a record and been so good.

"When you think about influential players, you think about your James Maloneys and your Sonny Bill Williams and your Cooper Cronks and your Luke Kearys and your James Tedescos. But the winning percentage with Jared Waerea-Hargreaves in the team drops significantly when he's not there.

"So it was an important thing for them at judiciary the other night. Like they say, when the big dog barks, they all bark, and he's the big dog in that team."

Crashtest

Juniors
https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/09/12/matterson-could-be-leaving-tigers-as-rivals-circle/

Regardless of our strong back-row stocks, I'd take Matterson in a heart beat.

He would be an awesome signing, and provide an option in attack on our right edge with his kicking an passing game if we played him as an edge forward.

He almost made the Blue side from his form playing on the right edge, but then Maguire moved him to lock the rest of year. Which might be part of the reason he wants to leave if that's how Maguire sees him and plans to keep playing him there.

chrisD

Coach
JWH is a very good player and has been a very good player for a long time but I would not bank on him remaining a very good player after a change of club long into the future. We need some more depth in the middle, but the big money, should we have some, should be going into the backs.

betcats

Referee
Try To’o in the centres he reads the game well enough defensively, put Naden on the wing and hopefully Crichton Kicks on for the other centre spot, I’d look at someone to replace mansour if possible.

franklin2323

Immortal
Try To’o in the centres he reads the game well enough defensively, put Naden on the wing and hopefully Crichton Kicks on for the other centre spot, I’d look at someone to replace mansour if possible.

To’o was centre in lower grades so may work. Mansour going to the pack adds to improving the backline

Exsilium

First Grade
Matterson would be a very handy pick up.

The idea of To’o at centre isn’t a bad idea but we need finishers on the wing and he’s producing the results there.

Hopefully Naden will have a good off season and secure the position. If not, we can cover it and make changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.