What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We could see an Australia "Knights" touring next year

adamkungl

Immortal
https://www.nospam47.com/au/league/...-kangaroos-concept/18esf7oh0tpxp14bvb8trxxlrd

As some may remember, I'm actually in favour of the tier 1 nations fielding "A" teams. If used correctly.

Big edit: I misread the article, apparently this is planned for launch this year, and not next year as I assumed.

So - we might have an Australia U23s side playing France this year, apparently in Australia.
Good news I think?

HOPEFULLY the lightbulb clicks for someone at HQ and this team enters the Oceania Cup next year too.
Would love to see the tier 1 nations keeping a 2nd team in that comp to maintain consistency while they are off touring.

Also - make a commitment to not pick players who are in the top squads for other nations.
It would be a huge slap in the face to Pacific nations for Australia to go picking their most promising players for a second-string team.

Last edited:

adamkungl

Immortal
I wonder if Mal has actually bothered to ask the French?

FFR XIII U19s touring NZ between 25 Sep-7 Oct
And hopefully the best French talent will be down here for World 9s Oct 18-19.

So the timing could work if they bring a full squad

Last edited:

Burns

First Grade
Wait.

This seems actually legit.

NZ named there U19 squad yesterday, they are playing Australian School Boys.
They say that the Kangaroos have moved to an Under 23 system that will play France Under 23’s.

Also the WIN Stadium page lists Junior Kangaroos v France

adamkungl

Immortal
Kangaroos "We can't afford to play GB"

also Kangaroos "We'll put out a team vs France at short notice for 3pm on a work day"

Burns

First Grade
So are the Junior Roos not playing the Junior Kiwis this year?

This whole thing is so confusing.

And the Junior Roos are meant to play a series against France? How?

Burns

First Grade
STRAP IN

The NRL Facebook have replied on the event page for Wollongong Test that the Junior Kangaroos are playing the ‘French National’ team.

Has anyone told the French?!

I thought this was the a junior French team. Why would they play Australian juniors and not like, Tonga as a warm up match for them with the GB lions.