What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Judiciary Charges 2019

Galeforce

Bench
Indeed. Poor Souths are always so hard done by...

2019 Penalty Counts Won

Souths 15
Eels 13
Cowboys 13
Titans 12
Warriors 12
Knights 11
Raiders 12
Tigers 11
Sharks 10
Dragons 10
Broncos 9
Storm 9
Manly 8
Penrith 7
Bulldogs 5
Roosters 4

So much adversity for Souths. And clearly Uncle Nick has never sent a bown paper bag to the referees. Ever.

Unfortunately Tommy , stupid point which disregards the real issue.

Penalty count , is not the discussion. All the information that you show there is that Souths overall DO less illegals activity than Roosters , who appear to do anything illegally to get an advantage.

The discussion is Match review committee and then following Judiciary making.

As a Souths fan , I do not understand how

1) Last year , Sam was penalised when he had the ball and his forearm came into contact with Morris neck , as Sam was bringing the ball out from his own try line. The defence was coming in HIGH and Sam was protecting his head with raised forearm. Sam is penalised , and Souths lose the ball the on their own line. Then the match review committee picks it up and Sam is charged. Then he is suspended for 2 games.

on Thursday........Boyd is running in his own half with the ball , raises his forearm and takes out Reynolds in the neck. Reynolds goes , down and then a little late he has been taken off the field and Souths play the last couple of minutes with only 12 men. So no FAKE go down. Very similar for mine to Sam ......yet NO penalty , NO Review committee , Boyd misses NO games.

How is this possible? highlight the system is broken on important decisions

2) JWH clearly hits Knight in the back of his head with his forearm. I do not care about resulting head clash with the other Rooster player............the issue was Knight his in the back of his head by JWH forearm. Answer clearly YES...........JWH charged with LOWEST grading. The only reason JWH was going to miss a game was because of all his "history" of illegal acts.
HOW has judiciary cleared JWH of the lowest possible grading for hitting an opponents head? the only answer , HE did not hit the head.........no the justification accepted by Judiciary ......."it was an accident" ..........how stupid is that , every illegal play can be explained by "it was an accident".

Those who complain how Sam being let off for his hit on Moylen.......get the facts right , he did not make a case of NO guilty, he challenged the gradining or a 2 , and he won a grade 1 ......that is the lowest , which was in line with what JWH was charged.

3) as for the other illegal hit on Doiehe who was snapped in half without the ball ......clearly Douiehe was shaken up and stayed down for a while . The Rooster player was placed on report. The Review committee m decided that Sam's lock pull was worse than the illegal tackle on Doueihe. GO figure.

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
Not to get in the way of your little rant there but the lowest possible punishment for contact with the opposition players head is a penalty.

if the ensuing head clash doesn't happen then id argue a penalty is sufficient, which is clearly what the defense successfully argued.

Look i don't think Sam should miss a game for a hair pull but at the end of the day he's intentionally gone in to rough up the rookie and been punished for it. i'd be f**king embarrassed cause it makes you look like a cat... Sam's tough enough to not need to resort to that shit.

It must be something about the Northern English, I remember playing in a rep side against a touring pommy team back early 2000's and they all love this shit. hair pulling squirrel grabbing hands on the face/eyes.. one told me he f**ked my mother the night before.. ha-ha.. they all think they're 'Well Ard'

Sorry Tommy..not sure if you're from the north.. haha

Last edited:

Frailty

First Grade
I'd be intrigued by a model that does not allow players to contest their charge. The current model is to allow due process and give players a right to defence themselves. It is set up the same as a criminal court (i.e. MRC is the Police Prosecutors and the Judiciary Panel is the judge in court). Both parties are independent from each other to allow pure independence.

Other sports will have the one panel, but may still allow players to defence themselves. The NHL has the Department of Player Safety will issue the punishment, but depending on the length of suspension there will be no hearing, a phone hearing or an in-person hearing. Even after this, the player has two rights to appeal (once to the head of the NHL, and then to an independent arbiter). This model does not bring the consistency that is demanded.

I think the NRL's system is good, but there needs to be clearer definitions of the charges, the grades, and key criteria of each.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Unfortunately Tommy , stupid point which disregards the real issue.

Penalty count , is not the discussion. All the information that you show there is that Souths overall DO less illegals activity than Roosters , who appear to do anything illegally to get an advantage.

The discussion is Match review committee and then following Judiciary making.

As a Souths fan , I do not understand how

1) Last year , Sam was penalised when he had the ball and his forearm came into contact with Morris neck , as Sam was bringing the ball out from his own try line. The defence was coming in HIGH and Sam was protecting his head with raised forearm. Sam is penalised , and Souths lose the ball the on their own line. Then the match review committee picks it up and Sam is charged. Then he is suspended for 2 games.

on Thursday........Boyd is running in his own half with the ball , raises his forearm and takes out Reynolds in the neck. Reynolds goes , down and then a little late he has been taken off the field and Souths play the last couple of minutes with only 12 men. So no FAKE go down. Very similar for mine to Sam ......yet NO penalty , NO Review committee , Boyd misses NO games.

How is this possible? highlight the system is broken on important decisions

2) JWH clearly hits Knight in the back of his head with his forearm. I do not care about resulting head clash with the other Rooster player............the issue was Knight his in the back of his head by JWH forearm. Answer clearly YES...........JWH charged with LOWEST grading. The only reason JWH was going to miss a game was because of all his "history" of illegal acts.
HOW has judiciary cleared JWH of the lowest possible grading for hitting an opponents head? the only answer , HE did not hit the head.........no the justification accepted by Judiciary ......."it was an accident" ..........how stupid is that , every illegal play can be explained by "it was an accident".

Those who complain how Sam being let off for his hit on Moylen.......get the facts right , he did not make a case of NO guilty, he challenged the gradining or a 2 , and he won a grade 1 ......that is the lowest , which was in line with what JWH was charged.

3) as for the other illegal hit on Doiehe who was snapped in half without the ball ......clearly Douiehe was shaken up and stayed down for a while . The Rooster player was placed on report. The Review committee m decided that Sam's lock pull was worse than the illegal tackle on Doueihe. GO figure.

Just on the bolded bits...

No he wasn't - He's a grubby merkin - That's it

No it can't - Some are done on purpose and therefore cannot be explained by "it was an accident"

I think hair pulling is in the same category as spitting. A sprog doesn’t result in concussion or any other injury but no one would argue if the perpetrator gets a suspension. Hair pulling is a merkin act and Burgess is a merkin

I think hair pulling is in the same category as spitting. A sprog doesn’t result in concussion or any other injury but no one would argue if the perpetrator gets a suspension. Hair pulling is a merkin act and Burgess is a merkin

Though a "sprog" as you put it could pass on a nasty bug like glandular fever. Ask the Canterbury Bulldogs about how it can rip apart football club after their 1981 season was ripped apart by that bug sweeping thru its player ranks. In fact it was because of it that it saw various changes made by trainers (e.g. not sharing water bottles between players) and medical teams at all clubs as a result.

Though a "sprog" as you put it could pass on a nasty bug like glandular fever. Ask the Canterbury Bulldogs about how it can rip apart football club after their 1981 season was ripped apart by that bug sweeping thru its player ranks. In fact it was because of it that it saw various changes made by trainers (e.g. not sharing water bottles between players) and medical teams at all clubs as a result.

I was waiting for a response like this, lol

bileduct

Coach
So since JWH is ineligible for a fine it looks like he's gonna miss the preliminary final because of that trip...

gerg

Juniors
Thx. I wish people would stop calling it an eye gouge. But there I go wanting "credible" and "RL media" in the same sentence again.

There's the bit about "contact with the eye". Was Young just re-adjusting Pompey's contact lens?

Just saw replays. 1 week for sure.
Only technicality I can think of is that he got a hand on the ball runner. Seen that defence before. Definitely stuck his leg out first, though.

Delboy

First Grade
Can't trust the NRL not to charge Robers with deliberately kicking JWhs leg, given recent decisions that's not out of the question.