What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Crowd Watch

Burns

First Grade
Is the minimum bar for a good rivalry now triple the typical Sydney crowd? Seems a tiny bit unfair

Fwiw
Roosters v Souths has been played 16 times since 2013
For an average of 28k
Highest being 59k 2013
Lowest being 10k in 2017
You got me with stats Adam, i’ll Give you that. We all know it’s the South’s fans who don’t turn up anyway ;)

adamkungl

Immortal
Tbh one of the best games I've ever been to was the Parra v Dogs prelim in 2009

If those 2 dumb westie teams could both be not basketcases at the same time their games would be huge
They haven't both finished in the top 8 at the same time since that year

Last edited:

adamkungl

Immortal
You got me with stats Adam, i’ll Give you that. We all know it’s the South’s fans who don’t turn up anyway ;)

Tbf it went through a weird lull 2016-2018 but seems to be back on the up.
Combination of burnout, both teams being garbage for a nit, bad scheduling and bad weather? Idk.

38k+ would make it the highest attended Sydney game this year. Let's hope for that

BlueandGold

Juniors
Bankwest will have ~29500
Roosters+Souths aim should be to beat that
Manly+Cronulla aim should be to reach half of that

If the Roosters v Rabbits cannot beat little old Parra then you gotta start asking how big is this rivalry really...

With 3 days till Parra's game we would get 40k+ with a larger stadium.

Perth Red

Post Whore
If the Roosters v Rabbits cannot beat little old Parra then you gotta start asking how big is this rivalry really...

Don't stress, it will.
Its great that 2 of the 3 game in Sydney are going to be massive crowds. Bankwest stadium will be rocking and the place to be. If I lived in Sydney Id be going even if i didnt like the two teams taking part.

With all the novelty of a shiny new stadium tailor made for rugby league, questions should be asked if you couldn’t get a bigger crowd than us

Springs09

Juniors
That is an outliner then no? Why can’t that be consistent? It took the Minor Premiership being on the line for that.

It’s hardly a true rivalry that draws in fans

Lol if that doesn't draw in fans then what does? Is Broncos v Cowboys the only rivalry in the league?

BlueandGold

Juniors

gunpk

Juniors
Many of my Manly mates angry because they were unable to buy reserved seats and had to buy GA tickets. Now ticketmaster have released bunch of reserved seats today

Last edited:

Stallion

First Grade
Many of my Manly mates angry because they were unable to buy reserved seats and had to buy GA tickets. Now ticketmaster have released bunch of released seats today

The ticketing policies are not conducive to promoting sellouts
They are proving to be difficult and chaotic for customers. That's not good at all. The Ducks and drakes game used toward customers is clearly frustrating and damaging for gaining sellouts!

And why do it the day before a game? Seems reactive and poor forward planning

Most people have probably made their mind up about what they are doing tomorrow night. f**king numpties

Craigshark

First Grade
Many of my Manly mates angry because they were unable to buy reserved seats and had to buy GA tickets. Now ticketmaster have released bunch of reserved seats today

Far out this pisses me off. You become a member, you get in early to secure seats and you end up with shit seats compared to people who aren’t members who buy tickets a day before. I’ve bought tickets near the goal line and if I bought them now I’d be able to get them near half way for the same price. Bullshit

Stallion

First Grade
Far out this pisses me off. You become a member, you get in early to secure seats and you end up with shit seats compared to people who aren’t members who buy tickets a day before. I’ve bought tickets near the goal line and if I bought them now I’d be able to get them near half way for the same price. Bullshit

Yep! It should be : First in gets the seats they are after! The whole set up is crap! Don't care if some think it's good business or not! It's garbage!

siv

First Grade
I don’t expect you to remove the ANZAC day game, all games should count. I just think every Sydney team in the comp could average around 15K with that level of success and more than half would easily average more.

I definitely agree that the crowds have been a lot better than expected.

You will find it hard to average 15k if your stadium only holds 19k