What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 FW1 Fri - Roosters 30-6 Rabbitohs @ SCG

Finals Week 1: Roosters v Rabbitohs

• Sydney Roosters

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs

• Draw after Golden Point

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

2 weeks

Coach
If Latrell morphs into Brenko Lee again, like he has done in both the Roosters losses against the Bunnies, then i can see Souths winning.

Breaking News : Sam Burgess has been appointed the NRL Chess Championship's 4th immortal, sealing this honour after missing a semi final against his team's greatest and most hated rival, for pulling the hair of a winger who had never played first grade before.

Congrats Sam.

mongoose

Coach
I survived losing to the Dogs in the 2004 GF - and given the intensity of that rivalry back then, which equals anything I've seen - I guess it means I'd survive losing to Souths in a GF, too.

Though I'd probably be a changed man. More bitter.

Now losing a GF effectively to a 1-on-1 strip with 60 seconds to go, followed by a try on the siren, and further followed by a knock on off the golden point kick off, aaaand followed by a sudden death field goal. Now that, THAT I could never get over.

Hi Broncos fans...

Broncos fans don't hate the cowboys though, it's a lovey dovey rivalry. Like playing uno against your missus.

Someguy

First Grade
Roosters should have been up by 20 at half time last week but couldn’t finish off opportunities they created. I reckon they get there shit together this week.

Souths will get a decent run of penalties in the second half but the roosters will hold on for the win

GongPanther

Referee
Easts should have won it last Friday being the amount of times they crossed the line. But we've seen this before. A side like Easts rests players a few weeks leading up to the 1st week of the play-offs, and has a shitty game in the final round, then to kill it in the finals.

Easts 42-16.

P.S. A mod needs to fix up the voting UI at the top of the page.

Galeforce

Bench
every thing points to a Roosters landslide win.
Most good judges are picking Roosters to come back strong and teach Souths a lesson.
Both Souths win this year are seen as being a motivation for the great Roosters team to come back strong and give Souths a whipping.
Souths have their captain and enforce out because of a hair pull , why Roosters have their enforcer cleared of the lowest grading of head pounding.
Roosters have their key play maker returning , and strong wing returning , whilst Souths have "butterfingers " Burgess returning and weak defending centre returning with Gagai also out.

Hard to imagine a Souths win.:D

Following is from this article on the NRL's website -

"1938 pricing for finals game
To commemorate the 81 years since the first time the Sydney Roosters and South Sydney squared off at the Sydney Cricket Ground in a finals match, the NRL has introduced a special ticket charity window.

At 7.38pm (19.38 in 24 hour clock) on Thursday night, tickets will be sold for $19.38 for a one-hour window or until allocation is exhausted.

All proceeds from the ticket frenzy will go to Souths Cares and the Steggles Charity Nest. To access the charity special, use the STEGGLES or SOUTHSCARES passwords at nrl.com/tickets"

footy75

Bench
Roosters have an exceptional team to take on Souths tomorrow night. Expect them to go up a gear and win this reasonably comfortably and advance to the prelim final.

Following is from this article on the NRL's website -

"1938 pricing for finals game
To commemorate the 81 years since the first time the Sydney Roosters and South Sydney squared off at the Sydney Cricket Ground in a finals match, the NRL has introduced a special ticket charity window.

At 7.38pm (19.38 in 24 hour clock) on Thursday night, tickets will be sold for $19.38 for a one-hour window or until allocation is exhausted.

All proceeds from the ticket frenzy will go to Souths Cares and the Steggles Charity Nest. To access the charity special, use the STEGGLES or SOUTHSCARES passwords at nrl.com/tickets"

Are they promoting this anywhere outside of their owned assets?

I like the initiative but seems reactive and classic example of poor forward planning

mozza91

Coach
That Souths side is weak as f**k.

If the Chooks can’t beat them they don’t deserve a second chance.

Latest posts