What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

AJB1102

First Grade
There’s a guy on the main Wests Tigers forum who’s been proven to have good inside info who said Papenhuyzen isn’t a target. My guess is it’s Hooper throwing darts.

A fit Matt Moylan would be a good get for the club, you’d think if anyone could straighten him out it’s Maguire. Big risk though.

As a Sharks fan I encourage WT to buy right in and snatch Moylan off us at full freight. A $900k Moylan who plays 8-12 games has to be better than $800k for Josh Reynolds playing reggies.

As a fellow human though - and not even a real decent one - just don't. I know it'd be a classic WT play, but you's really shouldn't. If he goes though I feel Titans and WT will fight it out for his signature.

Dave's mate

Juniors
There’s a guy on the main Wests Tigers forum who’s been proven to have good inside info who said Papenhuyzen isn’t a target. My guess is it’s Hooper throwing darts.

A fit Matt Moylan would be a good get for the club, you’d think if anyone could straighten him out it’s Maguire. Big risk though.
5/8 only Vic. The bloke has never been a fullback and played very well there last year. The Sharkies went full genius signing SJ

The unknown

Juniors
5/8 only Vic. The bloke has never been a fullback and played very well there last year. The Sharkies went full genius signing SJ

I swear SJ made a career out of killing the tigers. He is bog average in every other game except for when he plays us

Sunday was a prime example.

Vic Mackey

Referee
As a Sharks fan I encourage WT to buy right in and snatch Moylan off us at full freight. A $900k Moylan who plays 8-12 games has to be better than $800k for Josh Reynolds playing reggies.

As a fellow human though - and not even a real decent one - just don't. I know it'd be a classic WT play, but you's really shouldn't. If he goes though I feel Titans and WT will fight it out for his signature.

I think the fact that I’m even throwing it out there shows just how desperate we are for some class. Maybe we could do a swap for one of our over paid hacks? Take your pick, there’s plenty of them.

AJB1102

First Grade

f**k yeah. Lost a top FB and had money to burn so grabbed the best available 5/8. Questionable but I trust Flanagan had a plan. Unfortunately that and our cap copped it and Morris is left to put the puzzle together.

Reports of a bit of a falling out between Ryan Matterson and Michael Maguire may see Matterson leaving the Tigers at year's end. Bulldogs, Knights and Eels reportedly circling.

Source: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/09/12/matterson-could-be-leaving-tigers-as-rivals-circle/

More talk about Matterson leaving the Tigers. Sydney Morning Herald saying Eels as ones after him.

Source: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ee...star-matterson-wants-out-20190912-p52qpq.html

Tiger5150

Bench
More talk about Matterson leaving the Tigers. Sydney Morning Herald saying Eels as ones after him.

Source: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ee...star-matterson-wants-out-20190912-p52qpq.html

What a boneheaded article. Disregarding whether or not its true Matto wants out the statement "Matterson hasn’t yet asked for a release but the club may be prepared to let him go given they have had no joy shifting Josh Reynolds, Chris McQueen, Russell Packer and Ben Matulino. Esan Marsters has also been given permission to speak to rivals, although it remains to be seen whether he will seek a release"

is ridiculous. How would it benefit the Tigers if because they couldnt get rid of some rubbish to average players who are getting paid massive overs, by getting rid of one of their few good players who is on massive unders?

Sports reporting is dead.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Bad move for BJ.
Dogs have less collective brain that the Raiders.
To be fair, BJ is largely responsible for our low collective brain power.

BJ's on a fair bit here and Simonssen is looking like a good prospect so it makes sense to shed him. Especially since we've essentially made the Top 4 without him.

Timbo

Staff member
If it's true, I think I'm ok with it. We had to get five blokes into four spots, BJ is on massive coin and a backline of Simmonson - Cotric - Croker - Rapana still packs a lot of punch. We've also still got Oldfield on low coin as a decent backup.