What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Signings for 2020 and future looking team

redVinme

Juniors
If we’re actually meant to be believing the rumours, our backline should look like this.

1. Tristan Sailor
2. Jason Saab
3. Zac Lomax
4. Curtis Scott
5. Nene McDonald
6. Corey Norman
7. Ben Hunt

They’ll use Tony Gigot for fullback and halves depth as Field, Dufty and Nicholls are all set to leave. Morris won’t be coming and and if Sio comes he’ll be playing reserve grade because I can’t see him taking over from Saab or McDonald, unless they magically get flippers for hands.

Wouldn't mind this backline at a pinch

BLM01

First Grade
Why is it that the NRLW Dragons side has gone all out poaching good players outside to assemble a squad now touted as favourites and basically buy a comp after finishing last (last year).
Hello NRL side...why dont we do that for the mens side with a view to be favourites and win a comp..nothing less. Be brutal and assertive as the people assembling the womens side did.
Same management and board is it not!:confused:

George Dragon

Juniors
Why is it that the NRLW Dragons side has gone all out poaching good players outside to assemble a squad now touted as favourites and basically buy a comp after finishing last (last year).
Hello NRL side...why dont we do that for the mens side with a view to be favourites and win a comp..nothing less. Be brutal and assertive as the people assembling the womens side did.
All a result of Dan Lacey. The girls want to play for him. He spent a lot of time visiting all of them. He spent time in NZ watching the women's championship. He is the coach of the Tash Gale cup winners and the coach of the winning NSW 18s girls.

possm

Coach
Because Millward is doing a great job!

Reactions: jak

redandwhite4evr

Juniors

Couldn't agree more BLMO1- There is no rhyme nor reason to the Boards thinking-we are the Roosters of the women's competition but the feather dusters of the mens

If we’re actually meant to be believing the rumours, our backline should look like this.

1. Tristan Sailor
2. Jason Saab
3. Zac Lomax
4. Curtis Scott
5. Nene McDonald
6. Corey Norman
7. Ben Hunt

They’ll use Tony Gigot for fullback and halves depth as Field, Dufty and Nicholls are all set to leave. Morris won’t be coming and and if Sio comes he’ll be playing reserve grade because I can’t see him taking over from Saab or McDonald, unless they magically get flippers for hands.

No. I think that they will keep Sailor in cotton wool at first, and give Tony Gigot first shot at full back. Gigot also has the advantage of being able to kick goals, which was Widdop's forte.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
At this time we only have 3 confirmed departures from the club, no other 'official' announcements have been made. Add to that, only 2 of the confirmed have fome fromvthe top 30, the other from the DS.

It would be pretty accurate to say that both Saab and Ford will be elevated to the top 30, therefore cancelling out the 2 confirmed departures.

Yes, I'm sure there will be more going, but to suggest we have already signed players seems suggestive to me.
Besides Gigot we've had Nene, Dugan, Morris and a few others whose names escape me atm.

George Dragon

Juniors
At this time we only have 3 confirmed departures from the club, no other 'official' announcements have been made. Add to that, only 2 of the confirmed have fome fromvthe top 30, the other from the DS.

It would be pretty accurate to say that both Saab and Ford will be elevated to the top 30, therefore cancelling out the 2 confirmed departures.

Yes, I'm sure there will be more going, but to suggest we have already signed players seems suggestive to me.
Besides Gigot we've had Nene, Dugan, Morris and a few others whose names escape me atm.
You forgot Robbo

redandwhite4evr

Juniors

Generally speaking I'm not in favour of re-signing past players (certainly not Dugan) simply because they would have been locked up by their previous club if they were performing at a level that we need. However, there are exceptions and Josh Morris is one. He seems to be ageless and imo has improved to the extent that he has moved out of Brett's shadow to be at least his equal. He was squeezed out of SGI by Gasnier's financial demands not bad form so I'd take him back in a heartbeat.;

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Bargain basement coach and players with only goal being to avoid the Wooden Spoon in most years. Bennett won the Minor Premiership in 2 out of 3 years in 2009-2011 and in 2014-2019 the NRL team has reached the Top 8 only 2 times out of 8. What great KPI'S!

getsmarty

Immortal
Bargain basement coach and players with only goal being to avoid the Wooden Spoon in most years. Bennett won the Minor Premiership in 2 out of 3 years in 2009-2011 and in 2014-2019 the NRL team has reached the Top 8 only 2 times out of 8. What great KPI'S!

It's ok...the Board are going to bring in more people to help the coach " coach ".... what, this is now probably the 3rd time this has been trotted out ....

The Club is beyond CLUELESS..... Time for people to really consider voting with their feet.

If crowd numbers dip even more dramatically, sponsors will question value for their money and the club will eventually have to act or become extinct.

Why anyone would pay their hard earned to watch the same block plays, one out running, kick on the 6th for the last 5 seasons is beyond me.

I will not give the club another cent until significant change takes place....unfortunately, that means the money will be spent elsewhere............

BLM01

First Grade

Old Timer

Coach
We desperately need the Frenchman.
We've got team full of snails that need a bit of fire put under them.
He'll be here a week and will probably come out with something like this and apologies in advance for the dodgy translation.

Qui est ce putain de branleur chauve qui essaie de me dire de faire des pompes?
Le grand Gigot est là pour le soleil, la mer et le surf et bien sûr pour les femmes et d'ailleurs, où est le jet ski qui m'a été promis?

Dragons 09

Juniors
We desperately need the Frenchman.
We've got team full of snails that need a bit of fire put under them.
He'll be here a week and will probably come out with something like this and apologies in advance for the dodgy translation.

Qui est ce putain de branleur chauve qui essaie de me dire de faire des pompes?
Le grand Gigot est là pour le soleil, la mer et le surf et bien sûr pour les femmes et d'ailleurs, où est le jet ski qui m'a été promis?

Pretty close mate!:D
Who is this f**king bald wanker trying to tell me to pump?
The big leg is there for sun, sea and surf and of course for women and elsewhere, where is the jet ski that I was promised?

hewi

Bench
Pretty close mate!:D
Who is this f**king bald wanker trying to tell me to pump?
The big leg is there for sun, sea and surf and of course for women and elsewhere, where is the jet ski that I was promised?

After 6 years we are all cynics.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Would be a blessed signing in my opinion. Think about it.
A player at his age who is not played in the NRL gifted a position such as fullback should only equal total disaster driving another nail to the end of supercoach.
Makes you wonder if there isn't some white anting going on behind the scene.

C'est la vie

Latest posts