What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ASHES: 5th Test Australia v England, The Oval Sept 12-16

I'm sorry, but Paine has to be stripped of the captaincy and dropped ASAP.

Keeping is atrocious, batting is mediocre, and his captaincy simply lacks any thought too often. He has absolutely NFI what to do in these situations with the tail and a batsman, keeps making the same mistakes over and over again.

Butler's been a walking wicket all series but as soon as he's in with a tailender we're treating him like he's Viv Richards.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
14504500_f520.jpg

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I can take more of Levers than I can of Siddle. I'd like to know what Siddle's average is in this Ashes series. At least MMarsh has some pace and moved the Dukes a bit last night.

Media outlets all saying we fought back and are on top. Not sure about that as it seems about even at 8/271 as 300 to 350 is probably a par score on this pitch judging by the way its played.

I thought it was green enough to do a bit but most of the movement was in the air rather than off the deck. Should be flat enough when we bat but we need to see how it holds up as we have to bat last.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Siddle 5/243 at an average of 48.6 and that's good enough to get him picked for the last test.

Apart from his best ever none fa, we set the bar pretty low.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Poor day from us, sloppy in the field and tactics were dreadful after we had them 8 down.

Butler was 19 and all of a sudden we try stop getting him out and spreading the field. It takes the pressure off a bloke struggling all summer who then reverts to one day cricket. 64 run partnership that barely looked like being broken. They were all worried about Cummins and load management yet little Timmy Paine tried to bowl him into the ground.

Bazal

Post Whore
Christ there are some moaners in here.

Worse than the Parra forum. The most annoying thing is we take some easy catches and we're already batting...that makes my bedsheets damp tell you

aussies1st

Staff member
Still don't get why they played Siddle once they picked Marsh. 4 right arm bowlers makes alot of sense!

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Paine isn't a great captain. But he was, and still is, the only choice at the time after Smith soiled himself. At the time he was also the only choice for keeper.

Is Carey a better option? Possibly but I still have doubts about him. The other option is that cross eyed merkin Wade. Hanscombe is not an option.

So who captains? Cummins? Too much workload. None of the 4 batsmen who are eligible are secure enough, or in the case of Wade secure or smart enough, for the job. Lyon is my pick but he is struggling with the ball.

We just have to suffer for a while and wait for the good times to return. In Smith and Cummins we've got two players that are as good as any I've seen, I'll sit back and enjoy them and laugh at the plod around them

TheParraboy

Staff member
As besmusing some selections of the side is and electing to field lets see how this pans out. We could easily win this test, a draw would be fine too. Would be a reflection how crap the poms are if we win

Siddles selection is confusing (Starc or Pattinson should have been in), at least Marsh there was a logical reason, so no need for Siddle.

Paine is deteriorating badly with his keeping, and his captaincy has never been flash other than speaking professionally to the media in a cliche manner

The side needs to evolve a bit in some areas, give Pucovski a crack here instead of Wade, though im happy he bides his time a bit, still very young

bring on day 2

Bazal

Post Whore
Paine isn't a great captain. But he was, and still is, the only choice at the time after Smith soiled himself. At the time he was also the only choice for keeper.

Is Carey a better option? Possibly but I still have doubts about him. The other option is that cross eyed merkin Wade. Hanscombe is not an option.

So who captains? Cummins? Too much workload. None of the 4 batsmen who are eligible are secure enough, or in the case of Wade secure or smart enough, for the job. Lyon is my pick but he is struggling with the ball.

We just have to suffer for a while and wait for the good times to return. In Smith and Cummins we've got two players that are as good as any I've seen, I'll sit back and enjoy them and laugh at the plod around them

What a post. What a man.

Especially for a Raiders fan...