What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gould reviewing Dragons.

Gareth67

First Grade
Something just doesn’t seem right here.. it’s as if the board don’t want any outsiders.. we are a f**king cult!!! Led by Koresh (Mcgregor)

Your got that right mickey. No outsiders wanted to go spoiling their ‘ secret 20 herbs and spices ‘ recipe of disaster after disaster set-up .

It has taken them 9 years now to perfect and they don’t want anyone whom is not affiliated with the Dragons to come into this circle and share the rich pickings of the trough that their snouts are in .

Last edited:

draco

Juniors
If Mary does indeed remain as coach then Phil Gould loses ALL credibility in my eyes.

Funny, not funny, he said he wouldn't be talking to anyone (except for Mary and BJ) yet Channel 7 says their story came from the man himself (that his job was safe).

So, shouldn't he have done what he said he was going to do and left that announcement to BJ.

Ok, I admit I am grasping at straws but FMD. My brain is hurting.

Also, some of the rumours about prospective new signings give me no hope of any improvement.

I am at the end of my tether with our lot. I'm walking away. My pacemaker can't handle the stress anymore.

If I may, some wise words from the mighty Yoda :-

"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering."

And I admit it, I am suffering. I have fear for our club. And I have anger. Maybe I need to seek out "The Calm One" who is hiding in his rain forest sanctuary, wherever that is. Lol.

Me, well I will always be a fan of the Red V and will continue to do so, but from now it will be at a distance.

I am no longer going to be a paid-up "supporter". There is no way known I will continue to support "bullshit".

Yoda also said "The greatest teacher, failure is" but answer me this, what has Mary learnt since he became coach? Nothing. He only believes in himself and his abilities and that is why he fails.

My suggestion: Everyone or anyone that is able to go to Dragon's CC finals game, and because you are not able to take in negative banners, how about starting up a loud chant and keep it going for the entire game. It might even spur the players onto greater things.

"MARY'S GOTTA GO"
"MARY'S GOTTA GO"
"MARY'S GOTTA GO"
"MARY'S GOTTA GO"
"MARY'S GOTTA GO"

And let's all see if that also falls on deaf ears....

That is all...

Slippery Morris

First Grade
One question here is how can Gould think Griffin and Cleary were not good enough for the Panthers and Mary is good for the Dragons after looking at the stats between the 3 coaches? It just does not make sense. Something really stinks here. The only thing I can honestly think of is Gould will be working at Saints in some capacity next season and play some role developing Mary as a coach. There in no other possible explanation. That may work but geez how much power does Mary have to have so many assistants come and go and now Saints spend a ton if they hire Gould. He is untouchable. He will last longer than Bellamy and Bennett but with no success.

hazzbeen

Bench
One question here is how can Gould think Griffin and Cleary were not good enough for the Panthers and Mary is good for the Dragons after looking at the stats between the 3 coaches? It just does not make sense. Something really stinks here. The only thing I can honestly think of is Gould will be working at Saints in some capacity next season and play some role developing Mary as a coach. There in no other possible explanation. That may work but geez how much power does Mary have to have so many assistants come and go and now Saints spend a ton if they hire Gould. He is untouchable. He will last longer than Bellamy and Bennett but with no success.
Mate I agree with what you say , but they have all covered their arse's by saying his review was never about the coach ..... So we are F**ked again until the wheels drop of with the axles ......

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Surely no-one expected anything different. This whole 'review' was only an appeasement to the fans, like "if Gould says everything is ok then it must be", and expect the neanderthals would just fall back into line.

It was stated Gould started his 'review' on Tuesday and was 'finished' by Thursday. This in itself equals "just say sometging to stop the fan revolt". Remember also, that Gould, no doubt will be front and centre on Ch9 broadcast this evening, cant let a protracted review interfere with that.

The most interesting aspect still remains whether he/they will get him on full-time, then and only then, is when we may see him act differently.

TruSaint

Referee
Dragons coach Paul McGregor spared the axe by Phil Gould after worst ever season
Michelle Bishop
7news.a87b19ac.png

Friday, 13 September 2019 10:26 am

McGregor safe in season review
(Source: 7NEWS)

Phil Gould is reviewing the Dragons' performance under coach Paul McGregor, inset.Credit: AAP
Gallen hits finals with his career on the line

"(I am) just casting a different set of eyes and ears over the whole process and talking to a few players and staff," Gould says.

"100 per cent, the review's got nothing to do with changes in the coach whatsoever.
"They are just internal changes. I don't think there's anything dramatic in the wings."

Gould is refusing to rule out taking on a full-time role with the struggling club.

We will see what happens.
"It's never been discussed at the moment," he says.

"I'm not applying for a job or looking for a job but we will see what happens."
The Dragons may learn from the experience of Parramatta Eels players like Blake Ferguson.Image: Joel Carrett/AAP
The Dragons may be inspired by Parramatta, who made the finals despite being in the doldrums a year ago.

"You need to build your principles early and then add on stuff by the end of the year," Blake Ferguson of the Eels says.

https://7news.com.au/sport/rugby-le...y-phil-gould-after-worst-ever-season-c-450104

hewi

Bench
Started Tuesday with long lunch with Mary sleep that off then a couple of quick interviews of chosen players on Wednesday another lunch then out on the jet skis. Finish up with a cleansing ale write the report Wednesday night and present it Thursday. Sweet as a nut.

Gareth67

First Grade
Dragons coach Paul McGregor spared the axe by Phil Gould after worst ever season
Michelle Bishop
7news.a87b19ac.png

Friday, 13 September 2019 10:26 am

McGregor safe in season review
(Source: 7NEWS)

Phil Gould is reviewing the Dragons' performance under coach Paul McGregor, inset.Credit: AAP
Gallen hits finals with his career on the line

"(I am) just casting a different set of eyes and ears over the whole process and talking to a few players and staff," Gould says.

"100 per cent, the review's got nothing to do with changes in the coach whatsoever.
"They are just internal changes. I don't think there's anything dramatic in the wings."

Gould is refusing to rule out taking on a full-time role with the struggling club.

We will see what happens.
"It's never been discussed at the moment," he says.

"I'm not applying for a job or looking for a job but we will see what happens."
The Dragons may learn from the experience of Parramatta Eels players like Blake Ferguson.Image: Joel Carrett/AAP
The Dragons may be inspired by Parramatta, who made the finals despite being in the doldrums a year ago.

"You need to build your principles early and then add on stuff by the end of the year," Blake Ferguson of the Eels says.

https://7news.com.au/sport/rugby-le...y-phil-gould-after-worst-ever-season-c-450104

Well golly gosh - geewiz ! I am jest lost for words with this little snippet of candicany from the human football !

Phil , we are not idiots, we do have some grey matter in our noggins . We may be Dragon fans but I can assure you that the majority of the team supporters had worked out in a matter of days the course of action that our much loved board had decided upon .

The simple fact remains - whilst Mary is at the helm of the Big Red V the results will remain EXACTLY the same , no amount of shuffling the deck chairs is going to change that .

Your own reputation will now suffer as you yourself have now become part of this circus .
To use the catch cry a infamous Melbournite SHAME - SHAME - SHAME !

Last edited:

TruSaint

Referee
Internal Dragons memo for disgruntled fans:-

1. Refer to JDB.
2. Get all you media buddies on side.
3. Refer to injuries.
4. Refer to JDB case again.
5. Take Gould for drinks.
6. Announce end of year review.
7. see point 1.
8. Announce Guru as part of internal review.
9. Get media buddies to promote this review.
10. see point 1.
11. Have lunch with Gus, make sure Channel 7 is outside and let Gus comment that coach isnt issue.
12. Make sure Gus keeps "door open " to possible longer term deal.
13. refer point 1.
14. Announce Gus on a " potential consultancy " role going forward.
15. refer point 1.
16. Finals series, Christmas and New year will ensure fans have cooled off.

See you all in 2020. Job done lads.

Dragons 09

Juniors
Kudos to Gus, he has concluded in just 2 days what most of us here have been procrastinating over for the last 5 and a half years in relation to McGregor and has secured our future....... and for Free!
Pathers supporters would be pissed!

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Well golly gosh - geewiz I am jest lost for words with this little snippet of candicany from the human football !

Phil , we are not idiots, we do have some grey Mayer in our noggins . We may be Dragon fans but I can assure you that the majority of the team supporters had worked out in a matter of days the duplicity and shenanigans of our much loved board .

The simple fact remains - whilst Mary is at the helm of the Big Red V the results will remain EXACTLY the same , no amount of shuffling the deck is going to change that .

Your own reputation will suffer as you yourself have now become part of this circus .
To use the catch cry a infamous Melbournite SHAME - SHAME - SHAME !

Your bang on about Mary, G67 and don't get me started about Gould!

Footnote - If you pay nothing for something, how can you expect to get anything of quality?
The Review cost nothing.
We achieved nothing from it.

Warabrook saint

Juniors
If Mary does indeed remain as coach then Phil Gould loses ALL credibility in my eyes.

Funny, not funny, he said he wouldn't be talking to anyone (except for Mary and BJ) yet Channel 7 says their story came from the man himself (that his job was safe).

So, shouldn't he have done what he said he was going to do and left that announcement to BJ.

Ok, I admit I am grasping at straws but FMD. My brain is hurting.

Also, some of the rumours about prospective new signings give me no hope of any improvement.

I am at the end of my tether with our lot. I'm walking away. My pacemaker can't handle the stress anymore.

If I may, some wise words from the mighty Yoda :-

"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering."

And I admit it, I am suffering. I have fear for our club. And I have anger. Maybe I need to seek out "The Calm One" who is hiding in his rain forest sanctuary, wherever that is. Lol.

Me, well I will always be a fan of the Red V and will continue to do so, but from now it will be at a distance.

I am no longer going to be a paid-up "supporter". There is no way known I will continue to support "bullshit".

Yoda also said "The greatest teacher, failure is" but answer me this, what has Mary learnt since he became coach? Nothing. He only believes in himself and his abilities and that is why he fails.

My suggestion: Everyone or anyone that is able to go to Dragon's CC finals game, and because you are not able to take in negative banners, how about starting up a loud chant and keep it going for the entire game. It might even spur the players onto greater things.

"MARY'S GOTTA GO"
"MARY'S GOTTA GO"
"MARY'S GOTTA GO"
"MARY'S GOTTA GO"
"MARY'S GOTTA GO"

And let's all see if that also falls on deaf ears....

That is all...
So say all of us

BLM01

First Grade
It seems we paid nothing for this review and got our monies worth.
I dont buy this outcome for 1 minute and smell a set up to make a Channel 7 Exclusive look stupid.
Reviews take a few weeks anyway and he is not finished at our club but this is perfect PR to get some media of their backs as they are treating GUS following him around like he is part of the royal family.
Gus works for Channel 9, so why would he give the scoop and wash up to the opposition especially when he said what goes down will be only be told to BJ & Mary.
Where was Channel 9 chasing and interviewing one of their own...nowhere to be seen.
Tell you why... they will get any sort of info 1st direct of GUS or our club if and when it does happen.
So you all may think I am now on Utopia...i will wait to see what comes out in the wash before I get too hung on what he fed to the media.., especially if Gould stays on board for another role within.

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
Your bang on about Mary, G67 and don't get me started about Gould!

Footnote - If you pay nothing for something, how can you expect to get anything of quality?
The Review cost nothing.
We achieved nothing from it.

Your correct OKB1 ( as always :relaxed: ) We are an ungrateful pack of mongrels who should be thanking that Gus has given his time for nicks - nil - zilch- nothing , not a single penny has been out laid and that makes everyone happy .

“ Into the valley of death rode the brave Dragon fans , idiots to the left of them , idiots to the right , but onwards they rode in the hope that a miracle would occur and the entire hierarchy of the J.V. would be blown to kingdom come before they were ! “

Last edited: