What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Cup in China

isaiah

Bench
Split Enz once sang ”history never repeats”. Well 1996 could come back to haunt us. If I have worked out the draw here right in our quest for a first medal, we may need to beat Lithuania in the second round to make the last eight. We play them Thursday in a game of little consequence but do we and them get France and Germany in a second round group?

isaiah

Bench
Split Enz once sang ”history never repeats”. Well 1996 could come back to haunt us. If I have worked out the draw here right in our quest for a first medal, we may need to beat Lithuania in the second round to make the last eight. We play them Thursday in a game of little consequence but do we and them get France and Germany in a second round group?
i understand it better now. we have to win tonight because the result goes with us into the second round v france and dominican rep. I believe, always have, that is was money-grubbing by Luc Longley that cost us a bronze medal v Lithuania. Imagine him and Bradtke v Arvydas Sabonis in that game instead of just Bradtke. Then he rubbed our patriotic noses in it by working for the network that televised it here. Now our moving forward could be in the hands of Arvydas's son.

isaiah

Bench
tonight v dominican rep. is second step towards our first medal. i am not expecting a win v france, just no injury to any big men. our last tourney when spain beat us for bronze, we chose one too few big men and goulding was a waste of a spot. when one big man went down, we were unbalanced.

isaiah

Bench
i understand it better now. we have to win tonight because the result goes with us into the second round v france and dominican rep. I believe, always have, that is was money-grubbing by Luc Longley that cost us a bronze medal v Lithuania. Imagine him and Bradtke v Arvydas Sabonis in that game instead of just Bradtke. Then he rubbed our patriotic noses in it by working for the network that televised it here. Now our moving forward could be in the hands of Arvydas's son.
Loving this matchup, I have some skin in the game because it was my letter to the editor of a basketball newspaper in 96 that stirred up a hornets nest then.

Latest posts