What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Still the only side with a tiny chance to stop a Easts or Melbourne win imo
I dunno, I honestly think Canberra are a real chance this season - I go to the open training days a fair bit and talk to the players when I can (Sia's kid and mine are in the same class) and the belief these guys have this year is astounding - They all think they're on the way to a GF

Crashtest

Juniors
But he is an instant fix to our biggest problem of not being able to get through a decent defensive line.

I agree with you there. We would be an instantly better team with Moylan at fullback, and back to being a top 8 side.

I'd be wrapped if signed him for two years to give Staines and Laurie time to develop and not have to use Edwards. Our attack dies whenever the ball is passed to Edwards, because he has zero ball playing or decision making skills and he asks no questions of opposition defenses.

Compare that to Moylan, who takes the line on and can either run, step, kick or pass long or short, and there is no comparison.

This a highlight of his game from last season where he had 6 try assists in the one game. Given our inability to score tries this season, we so badly need a player with those skills in our team. Plus he has succeeded when being coach by Cleary before, so there is less risk of a clash than with someone like Griffin.

Fangs

Coach
A lot more than just Moylan in that clip. Surrounded by some great players who are making it look easy. But now that Maloney is gone we have no one in our squad capable of doing this kind of work.

Yes, that includes the young stalwart Nathan Cleary.

Bob

Juniors
From nrl leaks

“RCG's Md Monday reveal
Reagan Campbell-Gillard has played his last game for Penrith after breaking the news to his teammates during their Mad Monday celebrations.
The former Test prop will join the Eels next year on a deal that is expected to run through until 2024
It's the first major signing for Parramatta after missing out on a host of targets including Matt Lodge and Tevita Pangai.“ If he needs a lift to parramatta I’ll happily drive him there

mxlegend99

Referee
A lot more than just Moylan in that clip. Surrounded by some great players who are making it look easy. But now that Maloney is gone we have no one in our squad capable of doing this kind of work.

Yes, that includes the young stalwart Nathan Cleary.
All try assists require some level of competence from the guys around them.

We bombed many tries in 2019 that could have boosted try assists . Hell Naden alone must have bombed half a dozen or more.

Fangs

Coach
All try assists require some level of competence from the guys around them.

We bombed many tries in 2019 that could have boosted try assists . Hell Naden alone must have bombed half a dozen or more.

Of course. Its a problem with the whole squad. Sticking a fork in Cleary doesn't mean we suddenly start scoring points.

Backrow aren't pulling the moves Lewis and Graham are doing in those highlights.

Flashstep

Juniors
I don’t know where to stand on Moylan coming back even as one of his biggest fans, he would be on a big money but the Sharks would surely have to chip in a fair bit for someone to take him off their hands. Not to mention his injury/attitude issues.

A spine consisting of Moylan, Luai/Burton, Cleary and Korisau would be nice to see considering the attack we witnessed this season though.

TheFrog

Coach
I don’t know where to stand on Moylan coming back even as one of his biggest fans, he would be on a big money but the Sharks would surely have to chip in a fair bit for someone to take him off their hands. Not to mention his injury/attitude issues.

A spine consisting of Moylan, Luai/Burton, Cleary and Korisau would be nice to see considering the attack we witnessed this season though.
11 games from 25 this year, the rest out with hamstring injuries. That would be why the Sharks want rid of him.

He abandoned this club in its hour of greatest need, in a finals series. This treachery will not soon be forgotten.

Fangs

Coach
11 games from 25 this year, the rest out with hamstring injuries. That would be why the Sharks want rid of him.

He abandoned this club in its hour of greatest need, in a finals series. This treachery will not soon be forgotten.

Rofl.

Look I don't mind opinions but Matt Moylan did not sit out our biggest game of 2017. He was forced to sit out. The only treachery on his part was not taking his rehab and captaincy seriously.

You won't be able to name one footballer in the world who would enjoy missing a finals match. They literally live for these moments.

franklin2323

Immortal
Of course. Its a problem with the whole squad. Sticking a fork in Cleary doesn't mean we suddenly start scoring points.

Backrow aren't pulling the moves Lewis and Graham are doing in those highlights.

Gotta love those people thinking one player fixes all. We need 3 or 4 attacking threats as well as Barrett to even be in chance to match the top teams...even then we still need to find another gear

franklin2323

Immortal
I dunno, I honestly think Canberra are a real chance this season - I go to the open training days a fair bit and talk to the players when I can (Sia's kid and mine are in the same class) and the belief these guys have this year is astounding - They all think they're on the way to a GF

My kid went to school with Whare and Maloney's kid too. Same belief there too...

Reality is only Storm or Roosters. Been like that all year

chrisD

Coach
Tell the sharks we’ll take the Moylan contract but they’re going to have to throw in Morris. They’ve got too many centres anyway.

Or Woods.

Status
Not open for further replies.