What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tony Gigot

Warabrook saint

Juniors
I actually really like Lomax I honestly thought he would be the Mark Gasnier MKII with his late lay offs out the back of the hand but somehow he’s failed to develop his body, his speed, his positional play he makes poor choices. I guess u can blame the coach for failing to play him in one position but someone at the club has failed Lomax w his speed and conditioning because he is literally sluggish and lacks a little size. I still believe he can be something special but we need a Phil Blake to come in and work on his speed and someone like Matt Cooper to help him w his positional play.. I read somewhere last week where Matt Cooper tweeted a supporter back that he has never been asked by the club to assists the backs and he would jump at the opportunity if given.. makes u think what’s going on down in Wollongong..
Wouldn't suprise if Lomax's give up trying ,the way mcgregor's treating him

nontime111

Juniors
like Garrick its obvious this bald plum has ZERO patience....all Garrick needed was a few games...like Lomax...he will totally shine as soon as hes given a centre jumper and told its his for the year go well son...

I love the idea of a good solid defender and total all out ballplayer at FB... it would be a total change for us, no good fullback for me since Boyd...if we have Giggy at the back we would have a few decent ballplayers all across the park.... Lomax, Norman, Hunt, Gigot, Sailor all there in the backline at once! and in the forwards Luch, Ford ,Korbin ,Tariq..all are good ballplayers even Lawrie has an offload.....exciting days if we can only get a REAL first grade standard coach here

sorry for my waffle, im merely an amateur armchair coach but how GOOD would it be to have a positive attack based team again...ala Brownie days...even Bennett , Id love to get rid of that ugly power game that just injures and burns out players and go back to exciting attack oh yeahh!!

Old Timer

Coach
Indeed.. But in your anger you’re also forgetting a quite important variable being the quality of opponent, both team and direct opposite player, which will have a compounding impact upon the ability to break a line.

In addition there are also contributing factors such as strength and direction of wind (determines where the ball ends up off opposition kicks), not to mention if it is wet or dry at the time as this will impact upon the speed and grip of the player.

So to get a true representation, it is important that Lomax and Aitken play the exact same number of games in the exact same position against the exact teams in the exact same weather conditions..

Or.. Given that Lomax has played most of his games on our wing, I could also point out that our no.1 and no.3 players for line breaks are wingers..

So in a new competitive set of wingers..

Line breaks:

Ravalawa 14
Pereira 8
Lomax 2

Hell, even your mate Benny Hunt has made 7 line breaks*..

*Albeit they weren’t playing in the same position or against the same opponents or in the same weather conditions..
Your buffoonery knows no bounds
Your post is as succinct as the press conferences given by Mc Grinner.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Your buffoonery knows no bounds
Your post is as succinct as the press conferences given by Mc Grinner.
My bad.. I keep forgetting you don’t understand stats..

Let me dumb it down for you..

I’m 2019 Lomax has failed to make more line breaks than the following players (rankedin order of most line breaks)..

Ravalawa
Aitken
Pereira
Hunt
Sims, Tariq
Dufty
Mick Ennis
Host
Lafai
Leilua
Norman
Pearson
Widdop
Saab
Sims, Korbin
Vaughan

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
What’s the bet Darren Nicholls is pissed at the thought of being usurped by a 28 year-old former French international “gun” , who hasn’t played in the NRL?

Old Timer

Coach
My bad.. I keep forgetting you don’t understand stats..

Let me dumb it down for you..

I’m 2019 Lomax has failed to make more line breaks than the following players (rankedin order of most line breaks)..

Ravalawa
Aitken
Pereira
Hunt
Sims, Tariq
Dufty
Mick Ennis
Host
Lafai
Leilua
Norman
Pearson
Widdop
Saab
Sims, Korbin
Vaughan
And the relevancy of the point you are trying to make is exactly what?
Are you suggesting that Aitken & Lafai should be picked at centre before Lomax?
Are you suggesting that the above list of players should play centre before Lomax because the stats you supply state they have made more line breaks than Lomax?
Are you suggesting that all these players would have produced the same results playing RW outside Aitken?
Are you suggesting that it is a fair to evaluate Lomax's potential as a centre on stats that are related to him playing out of position and outside a centre with obvious passing deficiencies?
Are you suggesting that your "stats" are a fair representation of Lomax's ability compared to others and that it is a fair representation when Lomax has played in 14 games (not sure started in 14) whilst many others have played many more games?
Are you suggesting that no change is required in our centre pairing unless we purchase an external centre or perhaps elevate Maranta or Runciman?
When I was talking to Mickelyane the word "backline" was used, do you have any idea what "backline" means because you have included a lot of forwards and halves in your appraisal?
No doubt you will endeavour to use some psychological mumbo jumbo saying I am angry, precious etc etc in an effort to elevate your argument instead of just simply staying focussed and comprehending the intent of people's posts.
Last but not least you have in certain threads and posts called people liars so I take it that the absolute truth is something you value.
On that basis can you state that you only have 1 log in to this forum and that you only ever post as muzby?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
And the relevancy of the point you are trying to make is exactly what?
Are you suggesting that Aitken & Lafai should be picked at centre before Lomax?
Are you suggesting that the above list of players should play centre before Lomax because the stats you supply state they have made more line breaks than Lomax?
Are you suggesting that all these players would have produced the same results playing RW outside Aitken?
Are you suggesting that it is a fair to evaluate Lomax's potential as a centre on stats that are related to him playing out of position and outside a centre with obvious passing deficiencies?
Are you suggesting that your "stats" are a fair representation of Lomax's ability compared to others and that it is a fair representation when Lomax has played in 14 games (not sure started in 14) whilst many others have played many more games?
Are you suggesting that no change is required in our centre pairing unless we purchase an external centre or perhaps elevate Maranta or Runciman?
When I was talking to Mickelyane the word "backline" was used, do you have any idea what "backline" means because you have included a lot of forwards and halves in your appraisal?
No doubt you will endeavour to use some psychological mumbo jumbo saying I am angry, precious etc etc in an effort to elevate your argument instead of just simply staying focussed and comprehending the intent of people's posts.
Last but not least you have in certain threads and posts called people liars so I take it that the absolute truth is something you value.
On that basis can you state that you only have 1 log in to this forum and that you only ever post as muzby?

Wow.. That’s a wall of text.. Do you even know what tangent you’re going on now?

I’ll sum it up for you (aka why this is relevant):
1. Mickey said Lomax doesn’t make breaks
2. You said no-one in the team makes line breaks
3. I’ve debunked your theory showing you line breaks for our 3 main centre options with Lomax running last
4. You’ve had a tantrum saying it’s not fair because Lomax has been playing more wing than centre
5. I’ve provided further stats to show that Lomax is still far behind our wingers
6. You’ve had another tantrum
7. I’ve provided further stats to show that Lomax is far down the list of players breaking the line- even behind forwards and players who have played fewer games

But yet you’re still looking for ways to say the cold hard facts & realities don’t matter...

Tries from kicks, anyone?

Stage 3 of paranoia..

Don’t stress, I’m big enough and ugly enough to just use this account to trouble you..

But occasionally I use my dragonsamy login to post a bit of fake news..

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
like Garrick its obvious this bald plum has ZERO patience....all Garrick needed was a few games...like Lomax...he will totally shine as soon as hes given a centre jumper and told its his for the year go well son...

I love the idea of a good solid defender and total all out ballplayer at FB... it would be a total change for us, no good fullback for me since Boyd...if we have Giggy at the back we would have a few decent ballplayers all across the park.... Lomax, Norman, Hunt, Gigot, Sailor all there in the backline at once! and in the forwards Luch, Ford ,Korbin ,Tariq..all are good ballplayers even Lawrie has an offload.....exciting days if we can only get a REAL first grade standard coach here

sorry for my waffle, im merely an amateur armchair coach but how GOOD would it be to have a positive attack based team again...ala Brownie days...even Bennett , Id love to get rid of that ugly power game that just injures and burns out players and go back to exciting attack oh yeahh!!

I disagree...McDumbshit has plenty of patience...he has the patience to keep picking Aitken and Lafai, waiting for them to actually turn into first grade footballers.

Old Timer

Coach
Wow.. That’s a wall of text.. Do you even know what tangent you’re going on now?

I’ll sum it up for you (aka why this is relevant):
1. Mickey said Lomax doesn’t make breaks
2. You said no-one in the team makes line breaks
3. I’ve debunked your theory showing you line breaks for our 3 main centre options with Lomax running last
4. You’ve had a tantrum saying it’s not fair because Lomax has been playing more wing than centre
5. I’ve provided further stats to show that Lomax is still far behind our wingers
6. You’ve had another tantrum
7. I’ve provided further stats to show that Lomax is far down the list of players breaking the line- even behind forwards and players who have played fewer games

But yet you’re still looking for ways to say the cold hard facts & realities don’t matter...

Tries from kicks, anyone?

Stage 3 of paranoia..

Don’t stress, I’m big enough and ugly enough to just use this account to trouble you..

But occasionally I use my dragonsamy login to post a bit of fake news..
muzby you are so predictable just like our 5 hit ups and kick game plan.
We are so used to your usual deflection and inability to answer the questions in a direct, forthright & honest manner.
Re tantrums and paranoia the only one displaying such traits is you whilst you have your latest "hissy fit".
muzby always so demanding and intolerant of other people but so unwilling to stand up and be accountable to fair and reasonable questions and requests.
Your village idiot avatar undersells your status as an idiot.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
muzby you are so predictable just like our 5 hit ups and kick game plan.
We are so used to your usual deflection and inability to answer the questions in a direct, forthright & honest manner.
Re tantrums and paranoia the only one displaying such traits is you whilst you have your latest "hissy fit".
muzby always so demanding and intolerant of other people but so unwilling to stand up and be accountable to fair and reasonable questions and requests.
Your village idiot avatar undersells your status as an idiot.
Dafuq?

What “hasn’t been answered” in your eyes?

I think you’ll find that was a pretty logical summation that was simple and easy to follow..

Or perhaps that’s the problem..

Old Timer

Coach
Dafuq?

What “hasn’t been answered” in your eyes?

I think you’ll find that was a pretty logical summation that was simple and easy to follow..

Or perhaps that’s the problem..
You keep answering questions that I asked of mickeylane (love it how you barge into conversations and then try to take command of it)
Go back to the post #66 and answer all the questions that I asked of you.
Many of those questions remain unanswered and you seem to be avoiding them.
In most cases a simple yes or no will suffice and no need to be your tricky self trying to use smart arse responses without actually answering anything.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
You keep answering questions that I asked of mickeylane (love it how you barge into conversations and then try to take command of it)
Go back to the post #66 and answer all the questions that I asked of you.
Many of those questions remain unanswered and you seem to be avoiding them.
In most cases a simple yes or no will suffice and no need to be your tricky self trying to use smart arse responses without actually answering anything.
Tell you what..

Ask these “unanswered” questions in a logical list, without your usual tripe and carry on..

BTW, it’s a public forum.. People can jump into discussion.. You’re just aggrieved because once again your opinion has been disproven by fact..

Old Timer

Coach
Tell you what..

Ask these “unanswered” questions in a logical list, without your usual tripe and carry on..

BTW, it’s a public forum.. People can jump into discussion.. You’re just aggrieved because once again your opinion has been disproven by fact..
Tell me nothing because everyone can see from your usual avoidance tactics what a FW you really are.
If you are telling me and all other readers you can't understand the questions then there is no hope for you.
Indeed it is a public forum and you are entitled to jump in but just because you do so doesn't give you ownership or the ascendancy in the discussion at hand.
You have indeed produced a myriad of "stats" of which the majority are irrelevant as you fail to comprehend the conversation that took place between myself, mickeylane & others.
Whilst mickeylane & I are both understanding of each others point of view you continue on in your toll like manner dissecting every minute detail in a childish to make you look like some sort of expert.
Try & give up the booby and grow up a bit.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
You had one simple task, and you couldn’t even do that...

Ever thought about putting your hand up for board selection?

Old Timer

Coach
You had one simple task, and you couldn’t even do that...

Ever thought about putting your hand up for board selection?
Is that the best you've got?
As I said before time for you to get off the boob juice, turn the light out before you go to sleep and realise there is no big bad boogy man and it is alright to answer questions and tell the truth.
Most of your interactions with people who don't cop your shit end up this way and the laughable part is you think you are a convincing people you are creditable just like Mc Grinner does with the fan base.
Credibility zero.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Is that the best you've got?
As I said before time for you to get off the boob juice, turn the light out before you go to sleep and realise there is no big bad boogy man and it is alright to answer questions and tell the truth.
Most of your interactions with people who don't cop your shit end up this way and the laughable part is you think you are a convincing people you are creditable just like Mc Grinner does with the fan base.
Credibility zero.
One task.

Tell me what wasn’t answered.

getsmarty

Immortal
Gigot turned down marquee player contract at Catalans
September 12, 2019 Matthew Shaw
Tony-Gigot.jpg

Tony Gigot turned down a marquee contract at Catalans, the French club claim.

The Dragons confirmed the fullback’s departure in a statement in which they say the 28-year-old “did not accept the Marquee player contract” the club offered him.

Gigot, who played an instrumental role in the club’s Challenge Cup success last year, is expected to join NRL side St George Illawarra Dragons.

“Tony will go down in history as the first ever French player to win the Lance Todd Trophy for his performance in the Challenge Cup Final,” said head coach Steve McNamara.

“His performance in that game has inspired many young French players to chase their dream and follow in his footsteps.”

The club also confirmed the departures of Greg Bird, who is retiring, Halifax-bound Jodie Broughton and Kenny Edwards, who is expected to join Huddersfield.

“I would sincerely like to thank all four players for their contribution to the Catalans Dragons,” McNamara said.

“It’s been a great pleasure to work with all of them and I wish them all the best in their future careers.”

https://www.totalrl.com/gigot-turned-down-marquee-player-contract-at-catalans/

ALSGI

Bench
I took a new Peugeot for a test drive recently. Looks great, classy, electric massage drivers seat with several settings (it was heaven), Scented Air Con with three different scents......

Drove like shit.........unfortunately.

jeffdragon

Bench
When was the last Frenchman to make it in the nrl.
You have to be a pretty good pommie to play in the nrl.
If he was any good he would have played years ago.

When was the last Frenchman to make it in the nrl.
You have to be a pretty good pommie to play in the nrl.
If he was any good he would have played years ago.

Remi Casty. He did pretty well at a club you might have heard of --- the Sydney Roosters. In fact although he was a prop forward Remi scored two tries for them.

Remi Casty left the Roosters because he got offered the captaincy of the Catalans Dragons, a team he led to victory in the 2018 Challenge Cup Final at Wembley.