What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Signings for 2020 and future looking team

Old Timer

Coach
Would be a blessed signing in my opinion. Think about it.
A player at his age who is not played in the NRL gifted a position such as fullback should only equal total disaster driving another nail to the end of supercoach.
Makes you wonder if there isn't some white anting going on behind the scene.

C'est la vie
Sacre Bleu

TheFlash

Juniors
You just know this will happen exit Latimore and enter....

TIM Grant’s NRL career looked all but over when the former NSW Origin Blues prop tore a pectoral muscle in May. But Grant wants to play on.

The 31-year-old made the selfless decision to drop out of Penrith’s top squad to enable the Panthers to promote hooker Mitch Kenny. Grant seemed destined to retire, but he is open to offers to extend his 196-game career.

getsmarty

Immortal
Gigot turned down marquee player contract at Catalans
September 12, 2019 Matthew Shaw
Tony-Gigot.jpg

Tony Gigot turned down a marquee contract at Catalans, the French club claim.

The Dragons confirmed the fullback’s departure in a statement in which they say the 28-year-old “did not accept the Marquee player contract” the club offered him.

Gigot, who played an instrumental role in the club’s Challenge Cup success last year, is expected to join NRL side St George Illawarra Dragons.

“Tony will go down in history as the first ever French player to win the Lance Todd Trophy for his performance in the Challenge Cup Final,” said head coach Steve McNamara.

“His performance in that game has inspired many young French players to chase their dream and follow in his footsteps.”

The club also confirmed the departures of Greg Bird, who is retiring, Halifax-bound Jodie Broughton and Kenny Edwards, who is expected to join Huddersfield.

“I would sincerely like to thank all four players for their contribution to the Catalans Dragons,” McNamara said.

“It’s been a great pleasure to work with all of them and I wish them all the best in their future careers.”

https://www.totalrl.com/gigot-turned-down-marquee-player-contract-at-catalans/

No big name signings all bargain basement buys and the same 'coach' at the helm,move on.

Tony Gigot is no bargain basement signing. He was the Lance Todd Trophy winner at Wembley in 2018 for the best player in the Challenge Cup Final. He is a very good goal kicker, drop goal kicker and field kicker. He would add a lot to the St. George-Illawarra back line.

BLM01

First Grade
Tony Gigot is no bargain basement signing. He was the Lance Todd Trophy winner at Wembley in 2018 for the best player in the Challenge Cup Final. He is a very good goal kicker, drop goal kicker and field kicker. He would add a lot to the St. George-Illawarra back line.
Yeh sure just like Sam Tomkins. the rigours and defensive part of the NRL will sort many a so called gun super league player.
Not many backs have come here and handled the rigours of 1st grade....not for a while anyway.

Yeh sure just like Sam Tomkins. the rigours and defensive part of the NRL will sort many a so called gun super league player.
Not many backs have come here and handled the rigours of 1st grade....not for a while anyway.

Sam Tomkins had his stay in New Zealand and his number of appearances hampered by injury. He didn't do so badly otherwise.

Ryan Hall has done well when he was playing for the Sydney Roosters. But he too has been out with injury for most of the season.

BLM01

First Grade
Sam Tomkins had his stay in New Zealand and his number of appearances hampered by injury. He didn't do so badly otherwise.

Ryan Hall has done well when he was playing for the Sydney Roosters. But he too has been out with injury for most of the season.
Hence my point...the rigours of the NRL versus SL for the backs. So my reason for not being over the moon or even think it is a waste of money buying the Frenchie!

mickeylane

Bench
My Early Tip for 2020 Team
(based on rumours)

Dragons
  1. Gigot
  2. Sio
  3. Lomax
  4. Morris
  5. McDonald
  6. Norman
  7. Hunt
  8. Vaughan
  9. Mciness
  10. K Sims
  11. Frizell
  12. Sims
  13. JDB
  14. Sailor (Covers 1,5,6)
  15. Leilua
  16. Timms or Ford
  17. Graham
Ps: Id still be chasing English Centre Zac Hardikar if I was Dragons

hewi

Bench

You may well be correct, however how many games would it take wonder coach to turn him into an also ran?

boardlumps62

Juniors
To me that is not a very convincing "right" . Maybe I need to give myself an uppercut. But really Widdop cost a lot of money for what. We didn't win a Premier ship a lot of heartache is all I got since 2010 and did you ever think we were going to win a game without breaking into a cold sweat.

Wittenberg

Juniors
To me that is not a very convincing "right" . Maybe I need to give myself an uppercut. But really Widdop cost a lot of money for what. We didn't win a Premier ship a lot of heartache is all I got since 2010 and did you ever think we were going to win a game without breaking into a cold sweat.
Nope never need to give yourself an upper cut for having a different point of view. Just think a French fullback who has not been tested in the NRL looking better than Widdop might be a little over optimistic at this stage, but we will see. Would love it if we get him and he was. Feel Widdop has been an easy target for people at times and we will probably see his true worth next year.

Bench
Excuse my ignorance I am in pre season mindset
Have we signed the French fullback or is it just a rumour
If we have signed him how long did we sign him for
Thanks in advance

nontime111

Juniors
Gigot
Saab
Lomax
ANYONE but Lafai or Aitken
Sailor
Norman
Hunt
not too bad I think, its all down to how good a centre we can sign , should go all out for one...

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Excuse my ignorance I am in pre season mindset
Have we signed the French fullback or is it just a rumour
If we have signed him how long did we sign him for
Thanks in advance

No announcement on any signings wont happen until after we announce the departing players, anx that wont happen until, a. We have our awards night, b. CC finish playing and c. Until after the womens comp
So, basically its all rumour until confirmed by the club probably well into October.

Latest posts