What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings

nick87

Coach
Leading some stats and up there with players on a mill year.

I'd be pissed if I were him.

I believe the averages being quoted here are over the life of his contracts now. We're tight on cap space, so his money apparently isnt increasing until 2021.
Reports say he's signed a 3 year extension worth pretty close to but under 1.5m, so lets say 1.4m, his money over the life of his contracts now is:

2019: 130k
2020: 130k
2021: 466k
2022: 466k
2023: 466k

Which is how you get the average over the next years of 330k give or take. Which is a f**king astoundingly great deal for the Raiders

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Which is how you get the average over the next years of 330k give or take. Which is a f**king astoundingly great deal for the Raiders
Makes a bit more sense but still seems too good to be true from the clubs perspective. Maybe he's got some of that sweet 3rd party cash coming his way.

MilkShark

First Grade
I believe the averages being quoted here are over the life of his contracts now. We're tight on cap space, so his money apparently isnt increasing until 2021.
Reports say he's signed a 3 year extension worth pretty close to but under 1.5m, so lets say 1.4m, his money over the life of his contracts now is:

Yep I’d be asking for a new manager

Someguy

First Grade

Arguably the most reliable defensive fullback in the game, in a solid team I would have him over ponga tbh. Maybe some bonuses built into the contract!?

SBD82

Coach
I’d be curious to see what sort of money Parra has thrown at him.
Massive gamble in my opinion. And if they don’t manage to get him back to making good contact, he will hurt their salary cap for five years.

Bazal

Post Whore
I’d be curious to see what sort of money Parra has thrown at him.
Massive gamble in my opinion. And if they don’t manage to get him back to making good contact, he will hurt their salary cap for five years.

The Panthers would have had to make it worth us taking the full deal off their hands tbh. Zero chance we're paying his full deal off our own cap over those 5 years

He'd still wanna play better than he has been though. Should tighten up our middle defence at least but he'd better be coming to offer a lot more than that

SBD82

Coach
The Panthers would have had to make it worth us taking the full deal off their hands tbh. Zero chance we're paying his full deal off our own cap over those 5 years

He'd still wanna play better than he has been though. Should tighten up our middle defence at least but he'd better be coming to offer a lot more than that
No doubt you’d have negotiated some compensation in there, I just think that giving a bloke a 5 year contract, when he hasn’t performed for the past year, is a huge gamble.

Bazal

Post Whore
No doubt you’d have negotiated some compensation in there, I just think that giving a bloke a 5 year contract, when he hasn’t performed for the past year, is a huge gamble.

Yeah I agree. Hard to say without knowing the deal but the bloke hasn't been good.

Wizardman

First Grade
Good to see the Eels pushing the other clubs at bay by signing a poor player to a five year contract. Just sign Woods to back him up...lol.

Bazal

Post Whore
Good to see the Eels pushing the other clubs at bay by signing a poor player to a five year contract. Just sign Woods to back him up...lol.

It wasn't funny when you posted it last night. Maybe it will be today?

9th for the Tigers again, time for another Ivan Cleary style signing spree I reckon. If Packer is worth 550k you could probably pick up Matt Prior for a cool 700....LMAO

Wizardman

First Grade
It wasn't funny when you posted it last night. Maybe it will be today?

9th for the Tigers again, time for another Ivan Cleary style signing spree I reckon. If Packer is worth 550k you could probably pick up Matt Prior for a cool 700....LMAO

A joke at yours and the Eels expense....again...lol. Just like the joke you have at halfback....watch him fold hard today.

Bazal

Post Whore
A joke at yours and the Eels expense....again...lol. Just like the joke you have at halfback....watch him fold hard today.

I think you need to get back over to your little ASRL boys club Rog.

Although I guess it must be hard to rag on signings in an environment where your most memorable achievement is signing Ben Creagh to a 12 year contract....

Wizardman

First Grade
I think you need to get back over to your little ASRL boys club Rog.

Although I guess it must be hard to rag on signings in an environment where your most memorable achievement is signing Ben Creagh to a 12 year contract....

Parra are paying a big price for a bloke who likes backing his ass into men in the defensive line....I guess that is kind of your type of guy.

Enjoy your five year big money purchase headcase...lol