What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
The presumption of innocence applies until the matter is heard and determined by a Court.

What I am saying is there is a school of thought that believes there may be a case for having a verdict of not proven as opposed to not guilty. OJ Simpson was found not guilty and I think most reasonably minded half intelligence persons would be well aware he was as guilty as sin and was certainly not innocent of the horrendous crimes he committed.

The administration of justice is not perfect, far from it, and we should not believe just because a person is found ‘not guilty’ doesn’t automatically follow they didn’t commit the crime or crimes with which they were charged.

Wow wee.. what school thinks that? Obviously not one that has any actual working knowledge of the judicial system.

I wouldn’t study at that school, sounds like the kind of place that would hang a person a based on an allegation...

Kilkenny

Coach
Wow wee.. what school thinks that? Obviously not one that has any actual working knowledge of the judicial system.

I wouldn’t study at that school, sounds like the kind of place that would hang a person a based on an allegation...

Q1. Are you still working in Law Enforcement?

Q2. Which of my three paragraphs are factually incorrect?

franklin2323

Immortal
100%.

I agree DWZ, Blake, RCG and perhaps other’s were stagnating at our club and there were off field issues as well which doesn’t help so I am accepting of the fact it was probably best to let them leave and we can bring in some fresh faces.

I think all in theory are a big loss but if we replace them with guys that help the side more then it is good choices. I will wait til the squad is complete to comment on whether we upgraded or not

On this year maybe so but he got in the Origin side from Centre so must of had decent stats as a centre back then... If only Fox Sports kept years worth to go back and see

Blake has had a better year more recently.

The only thing Walker has over Blake is experience, but given Blake is the better defender, this looks very much like a side grade. Plus you have the dickhead factor.

Kilkenny

Coach
Blake has had a better year more recently.

The only thing Walker has over Blake is experience, but given Blake is the better defender, this looks very much like a side grade. Plus you have the dickhead factor.

Blakes hasn’t really done any more in his short time with the Eels than he did with us.

He is certainly getting more quality ball but I have watched him closely and I haven’t seen anything to suggest he is performing anywhere near his potential. He is potentially very good but just rarely delivers which is disappointing for someone who is clearly gifted athletically.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Q1. Are you still working in Law Enforcement?

Q2. Which of my three paragraphs are factually incorrect?

1. Yep

2. Paragraph 1 is fine. The other two are not.
If you were found “Not Proven” the judge is saying that you are probably guilty, but the prosecution hasn’t proven it, which simply doesn’t happen.

There is absolutely no point referring to OJ Simpson or any other American case, especially one so old.

I understand that the court system isn’t perfect, but it’s quite rare that it gets the verdict wrong. It’s all the “back stage” bargaining etc that interferes.

Todd Hoffman

Juniors
On this year maybe so but he got in the Origin side from Centre so must of had decent stats as a centre back then... If only Fox Sports kept years worth to go back and see

Not really more like nepotism.
He got in the Origin side because of Bob Fulton. His form in 2016 was poor.
One of Bob's left field picks because he plays for us. A few conspiracy theories claim it was his bonus for signing with us back then. Probably right. His form back then was shit and he has been frustratingly inconsistent the whole time with us.
Good luck you are going to need it.

Last edited:
Peter reckons we’re paying $400k per year of RCG’s deal, he also says by year four of the deal RCG is on $1.2m

(He works at the western weekender)

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Peter reckons we’re paying $400k per year of RCG’s deal, he also says by year four of the deal RCG is on $1.2m

(He works at the western weekender)

Holy shit. That's the problem with trying to run the club entirely on juniors - you end up chucking big bucks at them prematurely because you're scared they'll improve further and leave, when in reality, this kind of shit happens most of the time.

BxTom

Bench
Someone else has told me the $1.2m figure is BS, I do find it a little hard to believe
Western Weekender is very close to current mgt (related), so I would take anything from there with an EXTREMELY large dose of salt. I can remember Luke Lewis being moved on supposedly for salary cap reasons, but it was well known he had a blow up with Ivan's training methods. Appears same thing is happening again, hence the poor start to the season

OldPanther

Coach
Western Weekender is very close to current mgt (related), so I would take anything from there with an EXTREMELY large dose of salt. I can remember Luke Lewis being moved on supposedly for salary cap reasons, but it was well known he had a blow up with Ivan's training methods. Appears same thing is happening again, hence the poor start to the season

Oh ok will remember that.

Port Panther

Juniors
Gus f**ked our cap made it worse than before he got here . Just might have to put our faith in the big three . So no premiership for another 10 years unless we merge with big brother .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts