What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

slotmachine

First Grade
Since when are we losing Gavet and Guerra? They both have contracts for 2020. So does Levi for that matter, he might end up sticking around and collecting his 400k.

macavity

Referee
Since when are we losing Gavet and Guerra? They both have contracts for 2020. So does Levi for that matter, he might end up sticking around and collecting his 400k.

Gavet and Guerra are both cooked.

Those two and Levi probably need to move on to save their careers. I think they will.

slotmachine

First Grade
I don't disagree they are cooked, you can add Moga to that list, but Guerra is on $500k.
I've seen people say he is retiring, no one just walks away from half a mil.

Knight Vision

First Grade
So does Levi for that matter, he might end up sticking around and collecting his 400k.
highly likely. Doesnt seem to be any clubs banging down the door to sign the kid.

With Guerra, Moga, Gavet, Levi, Watson, Herman, Barny, Lino and King off contract we'll have a stack of cash to hit the market come end of 2020 ....around 3 million?

mozza91

Coach
If we can’t get a 5/8 I’d be inclined to go with:
6 - Watson
9 - Brailey
14 - Levi

We’ve talked about needing another playmaker but between Pearce, Brailey and Ponga we might have enough options. We played some of our best football this year with Mann at 6 and Watson is twice the player he is.

Knight Vision

First Grade
I'd say we desperately need a playmaker to help Pearce ................If we are to hold aloft the trophy neither Lino, Mann or Watson will be wearing 6.

Watson is unable to pass a ball which means our right side will again starve in 2020, not to mention cannot kick a ball.

If we dont have the coin or there isnt any decent playmakers available - I'd try to get Mann or Lino up to scratch they can at least pass and kick a footy so there's a base from which to work on. .

mozza91

Coach
I'd say we desperately need a playmaker to help Pearce ................If we are to hold aloft the trophy neither Lino, Mann or Watson will be wearing 6.

Watson is unable to pass a ball which means our right side will again starve in 2020, not to mention cannot kick a ball.

If we dont have the coin or there isnt any decent playmakers available - I'd try to get Mann or Lino up to scratch they can at least pass and kick a footy so there's a base from which to work on. .
Watson can pass he’s just can’t pass whilst running at full speed.

How many games has he had at 5/8 for us anyway? Maybe if he’s given a decent shot he could surprise.

Yosh

Coach
I think Watson is great in the middle running at the bigger blokes when they tired. Seems like a little waste having him sticking to one side waiting for the ball.

Yosh

Coach
Aidan Sezer is not under contract next year.

What's wrong with the lad?

He a better defender than Lino?

I am satisfied with what Lino has been offering in attack and his goal kicking is excellent but his defense is suspect at best.

Any top notch defensive centres available? I wouldn't mind tightening that right edge up with a good defensive centre and let Star Toa be the X-factor on that side.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
What's wrong with the lad?

He a better defender than Lino?

I am satisfied with what Lino has been offering in attack and his goal kicking is excellent but his defense is suspect at best.

Any top notch defensive centres available? I wouldn't mind tightening that right edge up with a good defensive centre and let Star Toa be the X-factor on that side.

I wouldn’t expect too much out of Sezer’s defence tbh and I don’t think he offers a lot more than Lino in attack either. I used to rate Sezer but he’s been pretty quiet over the last few years. Considering our club is already full of players who go missing when the going gets tough I can’t see Aiden Sezer fixing that problem.

Knight Vision

First Grade
I wouldn’t expect too much out of Sezer’s defence tbh and I don’t think he offers a lot more than Lino in attack either. I used to rate Sezer but he’s been pretty quiet over the last few years. Considering our club is already full of players who go missing when the going gets tough I can’t see Aiden Sezer fixing that problem.
makes just as many average run mtrs as Pearce and has slightly better defense than Pearce. Kicking game is well short of Pearce but he would only need to play second fiddle . A second option, a point of difference to our attack. He had some great touches tonight.

BuderusIsaBeast

Juniors
If we decide we need a second playmaker Sezer would be an upgrade on Lino. Atleast has a decent kicking game and seems to be able to lead a team around.

I think Brodie Croft would go really well outside Pearce if he gets squeezed out of Melbourne. Has a ton of talent and still young. May not be able to afford him though.

For a budget option I thought Drew Hutchison was good for the Roosters when he played. Strong running 5/8

Knight Vision

First Grade
seems to be able to lead a team around
This is the most important for mine, second to a decent kicking game.

At the moment if Pearce goes missing we are f**ked, if Pearce gets injured medium or long term we are f**ked, if the opposition game plan takes Pearce out we are f**ked.

Last edited:

Latest posts