What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 season

franklin2323

Immortal
@franklin2323

I hope this doesn't come across as rude but I'm going to have to lay it out.

You: "When has he done it this year? I don't remember any tries he createdinside the 20 that wasn't himself or a grubber".

Me: "First 2 tries in my video are from this year which he directly creates via his passing."

You: "Like I said he is fine until we get a set start or inside the 20. Then it is so predictable and unless the grubbers go through or Kikau barges over very limited" "Inside the 20 was the wording,That is the issue and will still be going forward"

Me: "Both tries I showed were inside the 20m on set starts with Cleary either passing to the fullback or the centre(this one was a cutout pass he is apparently incapable of)"

You: "So over the course of the year there was only 2 times it was done? Not good enough for a FG half" - This final response is a complete shift in the argument and what's known as moving the goal posts.

Also I have to say as a separate point Why does kicks matter? If we want our spine creating points I don't think it matters how.

Kicks don't always work. Need consistent threat which we don't have

Which is why the varied attack is a must not the same old 90% of the time (better)

OldPanther

Coach
A comment on Reddit from a Sharks fan about Moylan:

"I’ve seen a lot of people saying that Moylan should be the one the move on for Raimen and that he has had a bad year so I had a look into this morning. While yes he has spend a lot of time in the side like and I think he hasn’t been too great under the high ball and his defence could be a lot better, he definitely offers a lot in attack. In the 11 games he has played in this year, we have averaged 4.27 tries per match, that drops to 3.38 tries per match when he isn’t playing. He has a 6 win, 5 lose record from those 11 games however 4 of those 5 loses were games where we had scored more tries than our opponent and goal kicking was our let down. He also has 8 try assists in 11 games which is 0.7 per game. That put him tied second with full time fullbacks with Tommy Turbo on 0.8, Teddy on 0.7, and Gutho and RTS on 0.6. He is also 16th overall in line break assists with 12, however is 1st in average line break assists with 1.1 per match. Gutho is the next highest full time fullback at 0.6 per match."

Apologies if Ryan posts here, but I thought this was a good illustration of how delusional some people are about Nathan Cleary.

Ryan reckons Cleary is the same as Johns or Thurston at the same age.

franklin2323

Immortal
That's extreme even for me.

It is nuts.

I said elsewhere Cleary is consistent but generally isn't the difference between us winning or losing. Give him other attacking weapons and we will go well. When that happens it will only be used by guys like that as all down to Cleary

Kilkenny

Coach
My only memory of a young Jonathon Thurston was him scoring the try under the posts immediately following the sin binning of Rhys Wesser straight after half time in preliminary final of 2004. Still have nightmares about that game given we were leading at HT and were travelling pretty well until the Wesser sin bin and there was no coming back from that after the two converted tries.

mxlegend99

Referee
For anyone who thinks Api isnt going to improve our side... hope they're watching this. A couple of sharp runs early on... one for a try.

He might not have more try assists then our current hookers. But he can generate momentum which is the area our hookers suck at.

mxlegend99

Referee
While Api was off this contest looked far more 50/50 with Sharks arguably having an edge in momentum even. He returns and Manly score immediately and put the game beyond doubt.

He doesnt get an assist for it. But he clearly has an impact on the flow of the game still. He could teach Egan alot IMO.

Kilkenny

Coach
I really think we see what we want to see.

I like Api Korosaiu as a player but I don’t see him as being a massive upgrade on Wade Egan at potentially twice the cost.

I can’t help thinking we should have persevered with Wade Egan and the coaching staff, with proper coaching, allow him to play with the freedom he was allowed to play in Jersey Flegg. Allow him to play what he sees, run out of dummy half and allow him to use his kicking game.

I can’t help feeling Wade Egan is another example of a failure on the part of our coaching staff as opposed the player being not good enough.

OldPanther

Coach
While Api was off this contest looked far more 50/50 with Sharks arguably having an edge in momentum even. He returns and Manly score immediately and put the game beyond doubt.

He doesnt get an assist for it. But he clearly has an impact on the flow of the game still. He could teach Egan alot IMO.

Yeah there was a noticeable difference. Will be nice to have him.

OldPanther

Coach
I really think we see what we want to see.

I like Api Korosaiu as a player but I don’t see him as being a massive upgrade on Wade Egan at potentially twice the cost.

I can’t help thinking we should have persevered with Wade Egan and the coaching staff, with proper coaching, allow him to play with the freedom he was allowed to play in Jersey Flegg. Allow him to play what he sees, run out of dummy half and allow him to use his kicking game.

I can’t help feeling Wade Egan is another example of a failure on the part of our coaching staff as opposed the player being not good enough.

I'm hoping they use Api to give Egan an experienced hooker and time to develop properly like should've happened originally.

Kilkenny

Coach
I'm hoping they use Api to give Egan an experienced hooker and time to develop properly like should've happened originally.

I understand that mate, but Wade Egan, touted as a youngster as the next Cameron Smith, albeit prematurely, has been a victim of poor coaching.

As a consequence we have gone into the marketplace and apparently been forced into recruiting a dummy half on probably 500K a season when perhaps he may not be any better than what we already had.

The irony could be Cameron Smith retires, we let Egan leave to go the Storm and Craig Bellamy’s actually turns Egan into the next Cameron Smith. Would surprise none of us.

Our lack of adequate or decent coaching in recent seasons has been a major factor in why the in the likes of Egan, Blake, Kikau, Leota to name a few who haven’t reached anywhere near what they are capable off.

betcats

Referee
I have serious reservations over Dylan Walker as a person but he’s a good attacking centre, if he can score 15 tries next year I’ll gove him the benefit.

Either way a hooker, centre and apparently a new prop also to go with a new attacking coach...whoever is running the show can at least see where the issues are, hopefully these signings turn out to be good ones, on paper they all look good imo.

Either way a hooker, centre and apparently a new prop also to go with a new attacking coach...whoever is running the show can at least see where the issues are, hopefully these signings turn out to be good ones, on paper they all look good imo.

Whoever is running the show either sees where the issues are, or they are secretly logging in to this forum and reading what we’re collectively saying/suggesting!

Either way, whether they’re true or just rumours, Walker at centre and JWH at prop, along with API confirmed at hooker, would fill the gaps that we need for a more successful 2020 campaign.

If Walker does come, he can even fill-in comfortably at five-eight behind Luai or Burton if need be. He seems to be doing a pretty good job of it at the Chip Stealers.

betcats

Referee
Whoever is running the show either sees where the issues are, or they are secretly logging in to this forum and reading what we’re collectively saying/suggesting!

Either way, whether they’re true or just rumours, Walker at centre and JWH at prop, along with API confirmed at hooker, would fill the gaps that we need for a more successful 2020 campaign.

If Walker does come, he can even fill-in comfortably at five-eight behind Luai or Burton if need be. He seems to be doing a pretty good job of it at the Chip Stealers.

Hahah yeah maybe @Dave's mate is the real thing!

Latest posts