What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Crowd Watch

Warriors Fever

Juniors
I mean it looks good but if you can’t more 15.5k at your local in an elimination final, then what is your marketing department doing? Should have played at central coast would have got 20k

Bojackhorseman

Juniors
I mean it looks good but if you can’t more 15.5k at your local in an elimination final, then what is your marketing department doing? Should have played at central coast would have got 20k
It’s a dog of a ground for a final. It’s symptomatic of the problem with too many clubs in Sydney. Two Sydney clubs. 15500 people. Empty patches of grass. This can’t continue.

taipan

Referee
@suburbangroundsareourfuture

You can have your expected snipe, but when you only get 20,000 at Melbourne after all the G.Fs and a new stadium,I would be very cautious in bagging .
IMO ordinary crowds(less than there should be ) at the three games so far.
BTW it's in fact new central stadiums plus suburban grounds ,just to correct your usual BS.

ReddFelon

Juniors
Not sure why people are bagging our ground, we've been saying for over a decade that it's a shit ground. However, I'll make a point that in 2017 we hosted Penrith at the SFS and the crowd was 15408. It's not our fault that the NSW government, local council and Federal (Abbott promised upgrades to Brookvale from 2009 until he was booted this year) all ignore the request. A nice 20,000 all seater stadium in North Sydney wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

Bojackhorseman

Juniors
You can have your expected snipe, but when you only get 20,000 at Melbourne after all the G.Fs and a new stadium,I would be very cautious in bagging .
IMO ordinary crowds(less than there should be ) at the three games so far.
BTW it's in fact new central stadiums plus suburban grounds ,just to correct your usual BS.
Melbourne crowd looked very good in a quality venue. Brookie looked like a dump

Bojackhorseman

Juniors
Not sure why people are bagging our ground, we've been saying for over a decade that it's a shit ground. However, I'll make a point that in 2017 we hosted Penrith at the SFS and the crowd was 15408. It's not our fault that the NSW government, local council and Federal (Abbott promised upgrades to Brookvale from 2009 until he was booted this year) all ignore the request. A nice 20,000 all seater stadium in North Sydney wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.
But the problem is manly live in a time warp. The club needs to expand its vision and become the club that owns the northern beaches through to Gosford. What is the clubs forward strategy?

taipan

Referee
Melbourne crowd looked very good in a quality venue. Brookie looked like a dump

Melbourne is a quality venue indeed , but I expected 25,000 ,and there appeared to be stacks of Raiders supporters there.
The crowd also looked good at Brookie.but 15,000 plus is ordinary there, for a semi on a Saturday night.

ReddFelon

Juniors
But the problem is manly live in a time warp. The club needs to expand its vision and become the club that owns the northern beaches through to Gosford. What is the clubs forward strategy?

I don't think the Penn's have one, but it isn't exclusively on them. It certainly hasn't helped that every time we try to increase our catchment around the lower and upper north shore that knobs in Bears jerseys do everything they can to undermine our progress just because they blame us for their team not being around any more. Wasn't our fault they were financially inept.

Bojackhorseman

Juniors
Melbourne is a quality venue indeed , but I expected 25,000 ,and there appeared to be stacks of Raiders supporters there.
The crowd also looked good at Brookie.but 15,000 plus is ordinary there, for a semi on a Saturday night.
Melbourne haven’t had a crowd of 25000 to a first week final ever. 20000 was pass mark. It looked good.

Bojackhorseman

Juniors
I don't think the Penn's have one, but it isn't exclusively on them. It certainly hasn't helped that every time we try to increase our catchment around the lower and upper north shore that knobs in Bears jerseys do everything they can to undermine our progress just because they blame us for their team not being around any more. Wasn't our fault they were financially inept.
Fair call mate. The bears are a blot on the rugby league landscape as far as I’m concerned.

oval

Juniors
6% of the Northern Beaches population went to the Manly game, whereas only 0.4% of the Melbourne population went to the Storm game.

Make of that what you will.

Latest posts