What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Finals scheduling news

Perth Red

Post Whore
This such an odd post.

What's the implication here? Are you suggesting the NRL manufactured the whole situation? Or that the asbestos issue remains and people are at risk?

I mean, it's particularly funny given the responsible party is the Northern Beaches Council, not the NRL.

I guess given how quick they are to ban people from places with identified asbestos dust risk it is strange that a bit of AstroTurf is going to protect from hundreds of feet trapsing over it. Risk is very minimal I'm sure but geez given how safety conscious they are on worksites and other places around this stuff it is worth some mirth to think they've made it safe with a bit of fake grass and duct tape!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I guess given how quick they are to ban people from places with identified asbestos dust risk it is strange that a bit of AstroTurf is going to protect from hundreds of feet trapsing over it. Risk is very minimal I'm sure but geez given how safety conscious they are on worksites and other places around this stuff it is worth some mirth to think they've made it safe with a bit of fake grass and duct tape!
That's still on the council, not the NRL - which was kinda my point.

And doesn't answer what the "sting" is supposed to be?

Diesel

Referee
Weeks 2 & 3 should be Saturday night and Sunday arvo.
Hopefully the new TV deal has better scheduling

greenBV4

Bench
As long as storm aren’t Friday night I’m happy
I got stuck working tonight as i need my availability in 2 weeks prior, was hoping for a win and the Friday night prelim so I could go, now it'll be less than a week from the announced draw again and I'll probably be stuck at work if its the Saturday.. so for me its fingers crossed for Friday

I'd love it id the NRL could pencil in time slots for potential matchups at least to give us an idea with more than a weeks notice

greenBV4

Bench
I'd be surprised if it ever happened but if Storm get the Sat night game, I'd be great if the NRL could work with the AFL and ticketek get have a "Double Header" ticket as an option where you theres an option to buy a ticket that gets you into both games for cheaper than it would be to buy them separately. Promote it right and you'd get a huge crowd coming across the bridge, with hopefully a lot of them coming to their first ever game.

Even if the NRL loses out on a bit of money, if they manage to get even a few of those first-timers who only came because of the promotion to get hooked and start following league then it's worth it!

Cockosh

Juniors
Not sure if the right place to post but was absolutely livid with seat allocation on Friday night vs souths as were the south’s fans near us.
I would have bought some of the first tix sold when member pre sale was released last Monday. I bought 4 x Category 1 tix st $50 each at 10.01am only to find we were placed at basically ground level 8 rows from the fence on the 30 meter line.
What moron considered these to be premium seats. Where is the advantage in being a member? Where is the advantage in getting in first to buy tix? To make matters worse it took us 15 minutes to find these shit seats. We had 3 different scg staff take us to 3 different sections. We literally sat down as they kicked off. Diabolical! Wherever we turned there were confused and angry fans looking for their seats. They wonder why people don’t come back. I’ll go regardless but it leaves a bad taste. This on top of paying $10 for a beer in a plastic cup. There isn’t anyone to complain to. Ticketek are a joke and uncontactable. I don’t understand why members don’t get the option to buy their regular season seats for home semis. Absolute morons running the game.

SBD82

Coach
Am I correct that Melbourne host their final next week?

Or did they forfeit the home ground advantage with a loss?

Rooster8

Juniors
Not sure if the right place to post but was absolutely livid with seat allocation on Friday night vs souths as were the south’s fans near us.
I would have bought some of the first tix sold when member pre sale was released last Monday. I bought 4 x Category 1 tix st $50 each at 10.01am only to find we were placed at basically ground level 8 rows from the fence on the 30 meter line.
What moron considered these to be premium seats. Where is the advantage in being a member? Where is the advantage in getting in first to buy tix? To make matters worse it took us 15 minutes to find these shit seats. We had 3 different scg staff take us to 3 different sections. We literally sat down as they kicked off. Diabolical! Wherever we turned there were confused and angry fans looking for their seats. They wonder why people don’t come back. I’ll go regardless but it leaves a bad taste. This on top of paying $10 for a beer in a plastic cup. There isn’t anyone to complain to. Ticketek are a joke and uncontactable. I don’t understand why members don’t get the option to buy their regular season seats for home semis. Absolute morons running the game.
And then you had the South Supporters section placed in half the Roosters Bronze, and the other half in the Roosters Silver/Chookpen seating that we had for the entire season. Why change something during the finals when we've had to get used to it all year? I was in the SCG members area on Friday, but I have a few mates who are Bronze members who sit on that little balcony under the big screen and they were filthy that after the whole season they had to change seating.

And then you had the South Supporters section placed in half the Roosters Bronze, and the other half in the Roosters Silver/Chookpen seating that we had for the entire season. Why change something during the finals when we've had to get used to it all year? I was in the SCG members area on Friday, but I have a few mates who are Bronze members who sit on that little balcony under the big screen and they were filthy that after the whole season they had to change seating.

That's on the NRL mate. Nobody else.

Weeks 2 & 3 should be Saturday night and Sunday arvo.
Hopefully the new TV deal has better scheduling

I doubt there will be anymore Sunday afternoon football until GF day with the lower grades. Playing the games on Friday and Saturday nights, especially in week 3, ensures both teams get a minimum of 7 days turn around from the GF Qualifier to GF day, which helps for any non-Sydney team who makes the GF due to extra travel commitments.

Also the TV networks would prefer Friday nights games ratings wise than Sunday afternoon.

Rooster8

Juniors
That's on the NRL mate. Nobody else.
Yes I know? I was saying that since we were the home team, I thought they'd allow us to have the Roosters section as a part of the Members area, just like they have whenever we played at the SFS. It's always been Roosters (Home) on the left side of TV facing view as apart of our original Members area, and away on the right side where silver or bronze game day tickets would be during the regular season.

Cockosh

Juniors
Yes I know? I was saying that since we were the home team, I thought they'd allow us to have the Roosters section as a part of the Members area, just like they have whenever we played at the SFS. It's always been Roosters (Home) on the left side of TV facing view as apart of our original Members area, and away on the right side where silver or bronze game day tickets would be during the regular season.
The morons at the nrl must leave it to the scg or Ticketek to allocate seats coz it’s too hard for them. They probably assumed our seats were good because they are for afl or cricket. Absolute shit.
And you are right what’s with the mixing of rival fans?? In years gone by you had the selection of categories in home and away sections. They just don’t care. In this day and age surely you should be able to select your seats from a plan. It’s just a random lucky dip with seats.

Rooster8

Juniors
The morons at the nrl must leave it to the scg or Ticketek to allocate seats coz it’s too hard for them. They probably assumed our seats were good because they are for afl or cricket. Absolute shit.
And you are right what’s with the mixing of rival fans?? In years gone by you had the selection of categories in home and away sections. They just don’t care. In this day and age surely you should be able to select your seats from a plan. It’s just a random lucky dip with seats.
100%! Even last year for both our semi's against the Sharks and Rabbits, Half the stadium was Roosters allocated fans (either Bronze, Silver, Gold, Plat or Chookpen) and ditto for opp team. That was a great atmosphere!