What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ASHES: 5th Test Australia v England, The Oval Sept 12-16

Tipster

Bench
It's just one cock up after another this test for Australia.

Yeah we retained the Ashes but celebrating a series draw is such a loser mentality

TheFrog

Coach
It's just one c**k up after another this test for Australia.

Yeah we retained the Ashes but celebrating a series draw is such a loser mentality
I dunno. The Poms celebrated a tie in the World Cup.

Anyway, I don't think they've quite got enough runs to feel 100% safe, against a side with Steve Smith, with 2 days left to play. All he needs is a few blokes to stick with him.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Be a bloody great win if we get there. (Unlikely but let’s see how we go first 30 overs or so)

Possibly be chasing 400 plus

Time for the Nugget and Bison to stand proud and tall with big tons

Eelectrica

Referee
Looking at the days highlights our minds haven't been on the job the whole game, From our bizarre team selections, more than the usual amount of dropped catches. Still can't get DRS right.

Might be a mercy killing come up.
We're effectively trying to win the series 4-0 though, (Yeah, I know it's going in the history books as 2-2) so a drop in intensity was on the cards. England playing like the pressure is off.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Looking at the days highlights our minds haven't been on the job the whole game, From our bizarre team selections, more than the usual amount of dropped catches. Still can't get DRS right.

Might be a mercy killing come up.
We're effectively trying to win the series 4-0 though, (Yeah, I know it's going in the history books as 2-2) so a drop in intensity was on the cards. England playing like the pressure is off.

This

I think they all think job accomplished retaining the ashes , hence mentally they are not there this test. Weren’t they celebrating on the turf well after the 4th test drinking??

I’ll take 2-2 at the start of the series, considering we haven’t been able to retain them in England since 2001. Probably tells you how crap England are and how awesome Smith is.

Eelectrica

Referee
On the bright side this is probably the last test for Siddle and Wade.
Both have had their moments, but haven't done enough to retain their spots I wouldn't think.
Wade has guys like Patterson, Pucovksi, Probably Burns hot on his heals.
Siddle has too many to mention on his heals.

Positives, the emergence of Labuschange and certainly retaining the ashes. And of course Smith resuming where he left off, even better than before.

Last edited:

Latest posts