What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gould reviewing Dragons.

TruSaint

Referee
Isn't it great to see how our coach, of five years l might add, has blooded so many of our juniors into first grade.

Yes mate.

You are 100% correct, but I am over people criticizing other clubs, when in fact ( either locals or one clubs players ), we are on par or worse than say Easts...

Change the board. Stop blaming the coach as he is employed by the board. He is inept, but THEY chose him. No more, we are the high amightly of junior talent. Its 2019 FFS.

We are NSW's Gold Coast.

Blood&Bandage

Juniors
Exactly this !!!

Mary is just getting the Media on-board so oncethe so called "Review" is over and the club confirms that Mary will still be the coach next year, the Media (i.e. CH9, Gus & Co) won't blast us in the press.

The thing that aggravates me the most is this talk that the club hasn't got enough money to pay him out ($1.2M).
So what happens after Round 8 next year if we are 1 from 8 ? Will the club have enough money then to pay him out?

Or maybe the club thinks that an extra 2000 members will sign-up following the "Review" when in fact 4000 existing members will NOT RENEW their membership because the club has stuck with McFailure for 2020.
I’m not renewing until McGregor is gone.

draco

Juniors
I'm not watching until he's gone.
And he's defs there round 1 next year so I'll give AFL a crack 2020. Ive never watched a game of that shit in my life but think I'll become a GWS diehard.
I won’t either. I think I’ll just give the NRL the flick. Was thinking about starting a new thread about everything I don’t like about the game now. Too many inconsistencies from basic refereeing adjudication to judicial outcomes, tpp’s and administration of clubs. Anyway....doesn’t matter, I feel defeated somehow. Funny though is how the first thing I do when I wake up is load the forum in hope of some good news. Maybe one day. But until that happens...

I'm not watching until he's gone.
And he's defs there round 1 next year so I'll give AFL a crack 2020. Ive never watched a game of that shit in my life but think I'll become a GWS diehard.
I went to my first game of AFL this year after being a "passive" St Kilda supporter for decades.
It's an absolutely briliant spectacle live, the atmosphere was really good and there's no bad spot to sit and watch. Also, the games generally don't get ruined by over-zealous or incompetent (biased?) refereeing decisions...
I live in the Manning so I probably won't get to many games in person but am considering getting a St Kilda membership and giving the Dragons the cold shoulder until they wake up.
I've followed St George from birth (1968), through thick and thin but this current regime is too thick for me.

Used to feel that way, but now i just think they are the envy of the league. They have built a winning culture.

One Club Players that debuted for the Chooks.

Billy Smith
Daniel Tupou
Joseph Manu
Lachlan Tim
Latrell Mitchell
Boyd Cordner
Isaac Liu
Jake Friend
Mitch Aubusson
Nat Butcher
Victor Radley

Keary unwanted at Souths.

Tedesco and Cronk could have chosen any Club, and chose the chooks. Money ? Probably, but Cronk and Tedesco are winners and chose a club to deliver silverware.. B Morris, same.

I ask if Teddy was offered 10% more at other clubs would he have gone ? Doubt it.

Even JWH, although starting at Manly, became a success at the Chooks as their longest serving prop.
We tried hard to sign Keary and he wouldn't sign.
Our set up is an anathema to top quality players.
Why would they come and destroy their careers under McGregor?

to_ddeath

Coach
I won’t either. I think I’ll just give the NRL the flick. Was thinking about starting a new thread about everything I don’t like about the game now. Too many inconsistencies from basic refereeing adjudication to judicial outcomes, tpp’s and administration of clubs. Anyway....doesn’t matter, I feel defeated somehow. Funny though is how the first thing I do when I wake up is load the forum in hope of some good news. Maybe one day. But until that happens...

As long as the calls go against Melbourne the way they did last night...I’ll still continue to at least watch some NRL games, can’t kill it completely yet.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade

Draco,
There are many of us thinking likewise each and every day.

The forum and the members that make it, is our lifeline and therapy to the Dragons.

We can offload our frustration.
We can add some decent feedback to comments.

We can laugh & cry with the ups & downs of both the team and ourselves & our families.

We can support our team as one and we can support each other in time of need.

Friendships are formed and valued.

Amongst it all, we can collectively call for the sacking of McGregor and the betterment of our team.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
I went to my first game of AFL this year after being a "passive" St Kilda supporter for decades.
It's an absolutely briliant spectacle live, the atmosphere was really good and there's no bad spot to sit and watch. Also, the games generally don't get ruined by over-zealous or incompetent (biased?) refereeing decisions...
I live in the Manning so I probably won't get to many games in person but am considering getting a St Kilda membership and giving the Dragons the cold shoulder until they wake up.
I've followed St George from birth (1968), through thick and thin but this current regime is too thick for me.

Also a fellow closet 'Saints' supporter because of the 'Saints' connection.

_Johnsy

Referee
Findings will be “released” just after Christmas, most will be kept in house, fans will be ignored and business will carry on as usual
I'm awaiting the release of the club statement, released at 2am x-mas morning having named 2 (scapegoats) lesser known staff members sacked. Then the next paragraph will state how seriously they take the success of the club, with a few buzz words/phrases (Industry Best Practice, Synergy, Scalable, Core Competencies, Empower etc) thrown in. SFA will eventuate, we all know it.

Gareth67

First Grade
Sorry Gareth, Mary wouldn't understand that question.

Point taken T.O.T , but I recall when I was a kid and the old man would give us a couple of pennies to spend when the circus was in town ( once every 5 years ) and there was this speaking head who would say things when you deposited your penny and he would rattle on for a few minutes saying absolutely nothing .

Sort of reminds me of Mary . . .