What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LU Panthers Forum Player of the Year

Dave's mate

Juniors
I’m not sure where you deep seated hatred towards Jimmy Maloney stems from I would thought he gave his all in his two years with the Panthers right the way thru until the last game of the season.

I enjoyed his two years at the club, a great personality, real competitor and in a team that didn’t have a lot of points in them he helped contribute to most of the points we were able to score so I was thankful for that even if he doesn’t have the highest effective tacking efficiency in the NRL.

He and the club knew he was off to Catalans as far back as April so he could have turned his toes up then I guess as opposed to waiting until July as you put it.
Wanted that origin cash

Kilkenny

Coach
A lot of people think that isn't the case. Both years after origin he dropped off.

You are talking about a bloke who despite a chronic and very painful neck issue last season turned up and gave 100% each and every game last season. Didn’t have too, could have quite easy put his feet up and said I need the operation now and out for the year. Still gets his quarterly pay check whether he is on the field or not. I don’t care about the lot of people who thought he ‘dropped off’ he turned up and did what he always did, giving 100% for the team, which as a whole underperformed.

In such a poor season, and we were poor there is no doubt about that but making Jimmy Maloney a scapegoat is naive in the extreme when in my opinion there are others more culpable for our underachievement and the trail leads straight in the direction of the Chairman of the Board and Coaching Staff.

Pomoz

Bench
Thanks for all your effort Frog, I have enjoyed doing this each week. The only drawback was having to watch Clearyball to make the assessment. We were truly awful at times.

Just one point, I noticed that the ratings morphed into a game commentary. We ended up with fewer comments in the match discussion page and more in the ratings. I didn't have a problem with that, but it must have made life harder for you to try and read numbers jumbled in with a whole bunch of text. A radio buttons form, or something like that would make life easier. I'm not sure how you create them on these pages (they are easy to do in excel). Maybe have a rule that comments need to be below the ratings part? You could publish a sticky note with an example format. I'm not trying to make work for you honest!:)

martielang

Bench
The same people constantly shitting on Maloney, are the same people who would take a bullet for Moylan... hmmmm

In saying that, kinda agree with them unfortunately. I definitely think Maloney shut up shop early this year. Could be a by product of being pushed out the door though.

Flashstep

Juniors
People seem to forget Maloney is also 33, not everyone can be a Cameron Smith and perform at a high level consistently for so long, it’s much more normal for players in this stage of their career to have up and down moments of form. Sure he wasn’t as good for us as he was for the Roosters and the Sharks but he was still a decent player considering he joined is at the back end of his career, wish we could have gotten him when he was younger more than anything.

TheFrog

Coach
Thanks for all your effort Frog, I have enjoyed doing this each week. The only drawback was having to watch Clearyball to make the assessment. We were truly awful at times.

Just one point, I noticed that the ratings morphed into a game commentary. We ended up with fewer comments in the match discussion page and more in the ratings. I didn't have a problem with that, but it must have made life harder for you to try and read numbers jumbled in with a whole bunch of text. A radio buttons form, or something like that would make life easier. I'm not sure how you create them on these pages (they are easy to do in excel). Maybe have a rule that comments need to be below the ratings part? You could publish a sticky note with an example format. I'm not trying to make work for you honest!:)
It wasn't all that hard anyway, so long as you got the forum window lined up just right next to the Excel window. You work out a system after a few weeks.

Latest posts