What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell (officially signs with Souths 13/1/20)

Fangs

Coach
Are you for real?

Crowd taunts have been part of sport for ever.

Move on ... or don't play.

Do I agree with what some people say and would I say it ... no.

But you are naive to think that stuff will not happen.

You spend much time watching country footy at all???

So your position is that he should ignore racial taunts?

I agree move on from the crowd, not with this stuff though. This is f**ked up.

Danish

Referee
At the moment, and for much of this season, his football has been well below his best.

Punted from the NSW set up.

He can do both or whatever he likes but putting energy into something like an Insta account that can be deleted and forgotten about in a second.

Yes he should remove himself from the primary means of communication for his generation.

Or, and I’m just spitballing here, he could just publish the names of these racist cowards like he regularly does, which forces them off the platform instead (every account he has done this to so far has been deleted by the pansy racist merkins who own them).

Spot On

Coach
Yes he should remove himself from the primary means of communication for his generation.

Or, and I’m just spitballing here, he could just publish the names of these racist cowards like he regularly does, which forces them off the platform instead (every account he has done this to so far has been deleted by the pansy racist merkins who own them).

If he enjoys putting his time and energy into that cause then so be it.

And no, he does not have to have an instagram account to communicate with people or fans.

That is a choice he makes... and a platform he provides for others to continue to do what they are doing on it - positively or negatively. That he will continue to cop. It is social media ffs.

But if he feels it is an absolute necessity in life to have that 'commmunication' then fight the good fight Lattrell.

Or, and I'm just spitballing here, concentrate on playing footy and get your rep jumper back.

Insta or rep jumper?

Wonder what's more important to him if given the choice?

Last edited:

no name

Coach
The people behind those disgusting posts are in the wrong, but you suggest Latrell should delete his account?

Are you for real?

Crowd taunts have been part of sport for ever.

Move on ... or don't play.

Do I agree with what some people say and would I say it ... no.

But you are naive to think that stuff will not happen.

You spend much time watching country footy at all???

Really? You sound exactly like the same merkins who booed Adam Goodes. This was the exact same line their apologists in the media took when it was happening during Goodes' last season. Not liking someone is no justification for racist name calling. EVER

Spot On

Coach
Really? You sound exactly like the same merkins who booed Adam Goodes. This was the exact same line their apologists in the media took when it was happening during Goodes' last season. Not liking someone is no justification for racist name calling. EVER

I could not have been clearer when I wrote that I do not agree with what some people are saying and that I would not say it.

It is wrong.

However, crowd taunts and racist remarks have been part of sport and crowd behaviour for ever.

Would I like it to stop. Yes. Is it wrong. Yes.

I support Lattrell in the stance he is taking. But if this is part (or greater) of the reason he has had a massive slide/slump in his form, lost his rep NSW rep jumper and looks disinterested at best when performing his job then it is very easy to delete that distraction.

He should be a 30+ gamer for NSW on his talent. But maybe there are more important things to him at the moment.

As for Adam Goodes, No bigger supporter of his than me. Bloke was a champion.

Happy for that opinion to be labelled 'merkin' like if that is what you think.

He can have the haters hate while wearing the NSW jersey and when playing for the Kangaroos if he wants to.

Delete the Insta and move on.
Or check it every 5 minutes to see what else has been posted that he has to take care of.

Last edited:

Danish

Referee
If he enjoys putting his time and energy into that cause then so be it.

And no, he does not have to have an instagram account to communicate with people or fans.

That is a choice he makes... and a platform he provides for others to continue to do what they are doing on it - positively or negatively. That he will continue to cop. It is social media ffs.

But if he feels it is an absolute necessity in life to have that 'commmunication' then fight the good fight Lattrell.

Or, and I'm just spitballing here, concentrate on playing footy and get your rep jumper back.

Insta or rep jumper?

Wonder what's more important to him if given the choice?

I honestly doubt latrell gives 2 shits about playing for NSW while ever Freddy is coaching them.

He does a great job for our club, and I am glad he is not giving in to racist cum buckets. His stance will mean the public starts doing his job for him, as it will become common place for people to start calling this shit out instead of ignoring it like cowards.

Saying you don’t agree with it and want it gone is horseshit if you in the next breath label racist abuse part and parcel with sport.

I hope fox sports tracks down and identifies these wankers, and the Tele puts them on the front page. Much better use of their resources than publishing names and photos of people caught with 1-2 pills at a festival

SBD82

Coach
I could not have been clearer when I wrote that I do not agree with what some people are saying and that I would not say it.

It is wrong.

However, crowd taunts and racist remarks have been part of sport and crowd behaviour for ever.

Would I like it to stop. Yes. Is it wrong. Yes.

I support Lattrell in the stance he is taking. But if this is part (or greater) of the reason he has had a massive slide/slump in his form, lost his rep NSW rep jumper and looks disinterested at best when performing his job then it is very easy to delete that distraction.

He should be a 30+ gamer for NSW on his talent. But maybe there are more important things to him at the moment.

As for Adam Goodes, No bigger supporter of his than me. Bloke was a champion.

Happy for that opinion to be labelled 'merkin' like if that is what you think.

He can have the haters hate while wearing the NSW jersey and when playing for the Kangaroos if he wants to.

Delete the Insta and move on.
Or check it every 5 minutes to see what else has been posted that he has to take care of.
Instead of solely focusing on personal achievement, he is fighting back against the sort of scum who want to carry on with the same old racist bullshit that’s f**ked this world up from day one.

At the same time, at the age of 22, he has amassed more personal achievements in rugby league than most people could dream of.

I fail to see why he is deserving of criticism.

Spot On

Coach
Instead of solely focusing on personal achievement, he is fighting back against the sort of scum who want to carry on with the same old racist bullshit that’s f**ked this world up from day one.

At the same time, at the age of 22, he has amassed more personal achievements in rugby league than most people could dream of.

I fail to see why he is deserving of criticism.

... and I wish him all the best if that is his goal.

Football careers are very, very short.

It is his very achievements and profile that allow these issues to be highlighted.

SBD82

Coach
... and I wish him all the best if that is his goal.

Football careers are very, very short.

It is his very achievements and profile that allow these issues to be highlighted.
Which is probably why he is using his profile to challenge these f**kheads.

Right now he is idolised by many indigenous young people. As you correctly point out, this won’t last forever. He is taking the opportunity to use that status in a positive way.

Meanwhile, he remains one of the premier centres in the game. I’m not sure what more we can expect of him.

Spot On

Coach
I dont claim to speak for him, but I wouldn’t want to be a part of a team coached by a piece of shit who threw you under the bus for his own f**k ups

Each to their own.

I hope Freddy continues those f**k ups for another 5 yrs or so.

Competitiveness in an individual drives them to achieve what others can't attain.

I would think he would like to play rep footy as often as possible.

Xcalibre

Juniors
Good on him for speaking up but I agree with Spot On.

Reality is unfortunately, that there will always be this sort of thing said on social media, even more so than in-person as there’s little to zero consequences.

I feel sad for the millennials in a way, having SM as a big part of their life. Even contemporaries of mine love Farcebook. I can’t stand the cesspit. I’d rather not be reminded constantly at how pathetic and petty most humans are...

Best to learn that ignorant merkins will always exist and to just ignore them. Call them out if you want but there will always be another to take their place. It’s life/reality/the way humanity will always be.

If he could perform to his nest whilst fighting racism, all good, but it does seem like it may be why he isn’t as dominant consistently as he could be.

Warriors Fever

Juniors
When you see racist shitbags commenting on this story and including one on here (referring to petrol) it is absolutely necessary for him to fight back. I mean you could have said apartheid or the stolen generation was part and parcel blah blah blah but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t stand up for yourself and your people when people do shit like this.

And if even only one racist piece of shit Faces some consequences for their actions then it’s all worthwhile to me.

RWB

Bench
...or he could get off social media and concentrate/put his effort into being a footy player.

That sort of thing is what you get on those platforms. He is not going to stop it.

He can, however, be very influential in the football field ... if he has a go and moves away from constant distractions like words that bother him on his Instagram account.

Why should he get off social media to accomodate racists?

Can a player have a social influence and concentrate on footy? When did the two become mutually exclusive?

Would you suggest a player represnting the white ribbon foundation and speaking out on domestic violence should just concentrate on their footy career because they will never fix the issue that is domestic violence? What about a player speaking out on drink driving? Players representing charities? Players representing the players association?

There is a long history of players representing and trying to influence others to be better.

Why should it now stop with racists... Why is it acceptable to accept that it's "always going to be apart of those platforms". If we accept that as you suggest will anything ever change?

Why are you willing to ignore it and dismiss it by telling him to concentrate on his footy career and stop calling it out?

Maybe have a look at yourself and your own prejudices and why you think not calling it out is the right thing to do. None of us are perfect but I think you need to check your own ignorance on this issue.

Danish

Referee
Each to their own.

I hope Freddy continues those f**k ups for another 5 yrs or so.

Competitiveness in an individual drives them to achieve what others can't attain.

I would think he would like to play rep footy as often as possible.

A monkey could coach NSW to the the next 5 series victories. The talent for the blues far outweighs the maroons.

NSW winning the next few series won’t be any more freddy’s doing than QLD winning was Meninga’s

Danish

Referee
Good on him for speaking up but I agree with Spot On.

Reality is unfortunately, that there will always be this sort of thing said on social media, even more so than in-person as there’s little to zero consequences.

I feel sad for the millennials in a way, having SM as a big part of their life. Even contemporaries of mine love Farcebook. I can’t stand the cesspit. I’d rather not be reminded constantly at how pathetic and petty most humans are...

Best to learn that ignorant merkins will always exist and to just ignore them. Call them out if you want but there will always be another to take their place. It’s life/reality/the way humanity will always be.

If he could perform to his nest whilst fighting racism, all good, but it does seem like it may be why he isn’t as dominant consistently as he could be.

The reason why there are no consequences is because people let them get away with it. People like you and Spot On just accept it as a fact of life that minorities should deal with.

But Latrell doesn’t buy such crap. He has ensured there are consequences for these cowardly bogans. Every person that he has called out has had to delete their accounts and go into hiding due to the avalanche of consequences that Latrell’s followers launch upon them.

I hope the media picks up on it and starts jamming and shaming these pieces of shit too. Put their photos in the paper. Let their friends, family, and co-workers see who they really are.

If you condone racist comments or say "its always happened in sport, you should just ignore it" then you are just as much a part of the problem as the people who say it/post it. I wouldn't care if Latrell Mitchell was a rugby league player at my club, another club, or was just somebody who did a white collar or manual labouring job. It is wrong and should not be tolerated in any way, shape or form.

People used to say that about bullying. People used to say that about domestic violence. This is just as wrong. No ifs or buts about it.

Latest posts