What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Crowd Watch

Valheru

Coach
Is there a chance that if para make it the nrl will move it to ANZ?

I know they didn’t move it from Allianz last year (v bunnies) but ANZ is much better than the SCG, and para fans would go berserk at a prelim and probably bring 50-55k of their own support.

It's our home game and the SCG is deemed suitable for a week 3 final.

Parra fans can get f**ked.

greenBV4

Bench
A tad quiet on the Illawarra aren't you!?
Yes because i just said that they are seperate regions and shouldnt be counted, hence why we usually refer to dragons as .5 of a team

But sure add both of them in and the 2 are basically the same (with the CC already included in greater sydney)

So either way, not 1 million less like you claimed

greenBV4

Bench
I think storm should get in the mid 20s. But the Souths manly game could range from 18,000 to 35,000 hard to tell.
Then you’ll get 27000 at Canberra if they get in those standing room tickets and scg could sell out if parra are there otherwise probably low 30s
Hopefully with proper promotion the storm game can get some walk ups from the AFL if on saturday night

Stallion

First Grade
Yes because i just said that they are seperate regions and shouldnt be counted, hence why we usually refer to dragons as .5 of a team

But sure add both of them in and the 2 are basically the same (with the CC already included in greater sydney)

That's diabolical thinking! ? They are the St George Illawarra Dragons! ? Are you serious! ? If you are ignoring the Illawarra part of this club you are delusional. THAT IS ALL.IN THE MIX DODO!

Stallion

First Grade

Ok. I did not use figures in my comment. However Sydney and surrounds has a bigger population than Melbourne and surrounds. The difference being that Melbourne and surrounds have nine top flight AFL clubs and Sydney and surrounds has nine. To me that provides a real case for another top flight club in the Sydney and surrounds area! Sydney's geography and higher population can sustain and accomodate another club. That club being the Central Coast Bears. It makes sense.

Last edited:

Bojackhorseman

Juniors
Brookvale was completely packed as is bankwest today
Brookvale was not sold out. There were spaces everywhere in that crowd and I’m not referring to the gaps for safety reasons. BankWest apparently is. Great news. The Melbourne crowd was fine. It’s a developing market competing against a local monolith. Roosters v rabbits was disappointing. No excuses for that. Friday night. Great weather. Huge rivalry. No competition. Not good enough.

oval

Juniors
Brookvale was not sold out. There were spaces everywhere in that crowd and I’m not referring to the gaps for safety reasons. BankWest apparently is. Great news. The Melbourne crowd was fine. It’s a developing market competing against a local monolith. Roosters v rabbits was disappointing. No excuses for that. Friday night. Great weather. Huge rivalry. No competition. Not good enough.
Spaces everywhere? You’re exaggerating. The hill was shoulder to shoulder.

Bojackhorseman

Juniors
Spaces everywhere? You’re exaggerating. The hill was shoulder to shoulder.
Actually it wasn’t, particularly at the left end of the field. Could have fit another thousand in easily. I didn’t see a sell out announced either. BankWest yes. Lottoland no.

Stallion

First Grade
Looks like a record crowd for Bankwest today. Only a few vacant seats. Unlike a whole corner section that was empty for its first game. Well done Parra fans!

greenBV4

Bench
Ok. I did not use figures in my comment. However Sydney and surrounds has a bigger population than Melbourne and surrounds. The difference being that Melbourne and surrounds have ten top flight AFL clubs and Sydney and surrounds has nine. To. me that provides a real case for another top flight club in the Sydney and surrounds area! That club being the Central Coast Bears. It makes sense.
Honsetly i dont even know what we are arguing about now

My initial comment was a reply to you saying melbourne had 10 clubs to sydneys 9 and 1 million less in population, when in reality melbourne has 9 clubs to sydney's 8.5 and only around 200k less population

Hank_Scorpio

Juniors
Ok. I did not use figures in my comment. However Sydney and surrounds has a bigger population than Melbourne and surrounds. The difference being that Melbourne and surrounds have ten top flight AFL clubs and Sydney and surrounds has nine. To. me that provides a real case for another top flight club in the Sydney and surrounds area! That club being the Central Coast Bears. It makes sense.

Melbourne and it’s ‘surrounds’ have 9 AFL teams numpty, as you have been told before. Your case therefore doesn’t make sense.

Latest posts