What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No team has ever won the premiership after conceding 50pts in a regular season match

Diesel

Referee
I’m sure Channel 9, Wally Lewis and the Courier Mail will still be talking up the donkeys

OzDragon

Coach
A team losing by 50 and putting 50 on someone else in the same season has to be some sort of record.

Jason Maher

Immortal
A team losing by 50 and putting 50 on someone else in the same season has to be some sort of record.

Illawarra did it in successive weeks in 1996. Brisbane beat us 54-4, and the following week we responded by beating Souths 56-14.

If you adjust to modern scoring, we did it the other way around in 1982, beating Canberra 45-0 (54-0), then losing to Newtown 51-0 (61-0) in successive weeks.

St. George-Illawarra also did it in successive weeks in 2000. Beaten 50-4 by the Cowboys, then the next week beat the Warriors 54-0.

Tommy Smith

Referee
The Eels lost 50-12 to the Storm in rnd 23, 2003. The following week they beat the Sharks 74-4, who themselves put 54 on the Rabbits a week later.

t-ba

Post Whore
The Eels lost 50-12 to the Storm in rnd 23, 2003. The following week they beat the Sharks 74-4, who themselves put 54 on the Rabbits a week later.

That 74-4 game was great. I think about a million Sharks players got put in the bin and sent off that night, and the ref just stopped penalising them but they still ran the score up.

Tommy Smith

Referee
That 74-4 game was great. I think about a million Sharks players got put in the bin and sent off that night, and the ref just stopped penalising them but they still ran the score up.
Shayne Hayne to David Peachey, "stop waving your hands at me".

Peachey to Shayne Hayne, "this is how I talk, Shayne! ... with my hands".