What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there a more overrated player than..

Spot On

Coach
He is now 29. He is going to get slower and slower and he doesn’t have the craft of managing a game down to fall back on once he can’t beat defenders with footwork

... and the Sharks paid a shitload for him and let the Roosters snatch Flanagan.

Why?

Was it the lure of the Golden Boot? The touch footy side step? The perennial disappointment the Warriors felt? Desperation?

ram raid

Bench
I've seen with my own eyes him carving up our best in international games, so I know he has ability. Whether he lost it or he's just inconsistent I have no idea.

Rooster8

Juniors
When Chadwick was off for the first 10 mins of the second half, he played pretty decent as a half, but resumed to his usual Cronulla antics afterwards

Spot On

Coach
The Golden Boot can't blame his pack (which is pretty freakin good) for repeatedly kicking the ball dead from good field position or dropping the ball with no pressure on him.

Semi final footy.

Excuses. Again.

gordynz

Juniors
Johnson is definitely overrated and has underachieved massively but some people forget he tore Australia apart for a couple of years before he got injured. He was undoubtedly playing his best footy and leading the Warriors to the finals when he snapped his ankle and hes never been the same player since.

ram raid

Bench
Johnson is definitely overrated and has underachieved massively but some people forget he tore Australia apart for a couple of years before he got injured. He was undoubtedly playing his best footy and leading the Warriors to the finals when he snapped his ankle and hes never been the same player since.

Sounds like guesswork, but if it was true it wouldn't surprise me.

BennyV

Referee
Even Latrell Mitchell, really. Not even sure he's the best centre in his team any more.
Off topic, but I did think to myself the other day that Manu is a superior, more rounded player than Latrell and will end up being the more important (aka better) player.