What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 FW2 Sat - Storm 32-0 Eels @ AAMI

Finals Week 2: Storm v Eels

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GongPanther

Referee
Has a minor premier ever gone out in straight sets before? Surely not one as dominant as the storm have been this year
Well, they are at least drug testing during the finals.

Expect the unexpected, and expect it to continue. Parra by 26-14.

some11

Referee
You know that scene from the movie The Beach where DiCaprio kills a baby shark and thinks he's top shit then the next day a fully grown shark chomps on five people.

Be ready Parra cause these f**ks won't go down easily.

Tipster

Bench
Parra's away record against the Top 8 teams this season is pretty telling.

But in an elimination games who knows

SDM

First Grade
The old top 8 system was better, where losers like Melbourne didn't get undeserved home games.

ouwet

Bench
On this week's form you'd go Parra easy. I feel like Storm players will want their pets returned to them alive and well though, so they won't lose two finals at home.

This weeks form? Please man Brisbane didn't even try!

If Parramatta think they'll have all the time in the world to do all those trick shots against Melbourne they'll be in for a shock!

Parramatta have won 5 games against top 8 teams all year (Not including week 1 of the finals)... I was looking at their draw FMD they got gifted a top 8 position, how easy was there draw!

big hit!

Bench
On this week's form you'd go Parra easy. I feel like Storm players will want their pets returned to them alive and well though, so they won't lose two finals at home.

that's it, isn't it? Can you pick Parra's form? They're just as likely to have 50 put on them this weekend, especially away from home

SDM

First Grade
This weeks form? Please man Brisbane didn't even try!

If Parramatta think they'll have all the time in the world to do all those trick shots against Melbourne they'll be in for a shock!

Parramatta have won 5 games against top 8 teams all year (Not including week 1 of the finals)... I was looking at their draw FMD they got gifted a top 8 position, how easy was there draw!

That is bullshit, as I have said before, Parra had the hardest draw in the comp, every team they played finished above them last year.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
as good as it was yesterday, no illusions about the Storm as they would not be as bad as the donkeys yesterday

no one wants to play the Storm in Melbourne but it will be a better test of character for the Eels than the game against the ponies as they just did not turn up

Tommy Smith

Referee
The Storm have lost to every good team they've faced in Melbourne - Roosters, Manly, Canberra x 2.

The Eels should go down there full of confidence and self belief.

Mr Spock!

Referee
The Storm have lost to every good team they've faced in Melbourne - Roosters, Manly, Canberra x 2.

The Eels should go down there full of confidence and self belief.
Sure...

But we saw the dragons come to earth last year after thumping the Broncos.....

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I’m attending with my lone rugby league fan of a colleague, who is a para fan, in the para bay. I will be wearing my broncos jersey, be nice, I’m fragile ha.

TheFrog

Coach
I suppose it's possible that Parra could get 66% of the ball again and that the opposition might let them run and offload at will as happened yesterday. But it's unlikely. This is the side that put 64 on them earlier in the season. Parra will be placed under pressure and it remains to be seen how they cope. Storm are in a slump though and need to get out of it pretty quick.

TheFrog

Coach
The old top 8 system was better, where losers like Melbourne didn't get undeserved home games.
Melbourne would have played Brisbane. You think they would not have won that?

Melbourne won the minor premiership by 6 points and were 12 points clear of Parramatta. They deserve home ground for this match.

SDM

First Grade
Melbourne would have played Brisbane. You think they would not have won that?

Melbourne won the minor premiership by 6 points and were 12 points clear of Parramatta. They deserve home ground for this match.

I know it changes all the match ups, I just think if you win a finals game you deserve home ground the following week. Under the old system Parra probably lose to Canberra and end up with an away game anyway.

Valheru

Coach
I know it changes all the match ups, I just think if you win a finals game you deserve home ground the following week. Under the old system Parra probably lose to Canberra and end up with an away game anyway.

You think the team who finished 5th and beat 8th deserves a home game against the minor premiers who lost to 4th?

What if Canberra lost? you would have 5th play 2 home games whilst 4th gets none?

Latest posts