What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's FINALS FOOTY game day vs Broncos

Chipmunk

Coach
He tipped the eels:

“I’m not sure if 2019 will be their year, but they are well and truly on the right track now and I smell a title for the Eels very soon.”

“My money is on the Eels. I honestly believe this might well be a significant stepping stone into a bright new future for the club. They have the money, the stadium, the fan base and the developing playing roster.

They have it all, and they are on their way.

Eels by 20.”

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...ght-just-start-on-sunday-20190914-p52r9p.html

That's a pretty big tip to have us winning by 20. Obviously we went even better though.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Darius Boyd ‘has captained his last game’: Heads to roll at Broncos after Bankwest humiliation
BRONCOS

• September 16, 2019 11:15am
  • Source: news.com.au
$

Darius Boyd looks to have captained his last game for the Broncos.Source: AAP
Brisbane is reportedly looking for a new captain after reports veteran Darius Boyd will step down from the role immediately.

With the club left embarrassed in the biggest finals beating ever seen in the NRL during Sunday’s loss to Parramatta, reports claim Boyd has already captained the club for the final time.

The former Queensland star has reportedly already been given the hard word by Broncos officials regarding his long-term contract through to the end of the 2021 season.

The out-of-form five-eighth has already declared publicly he has no intent to leave the club before his contract expires, flying in the face of reports the club wants to move him (and his reported $800,000-per-season salary) on.

The uncomfortable situation has now resulted in the club looking for a new captain, according to The Daily Telegraph.

The report claims Boyd has “almost certainly captained the club for the last time”.

Veteran Broncos chief executive Paul White, who famously chased Craig Bellamy to coach the club before the extraordinary furore surrounding Anthony Seibold’s move from South Sydney, is also tipped to stand down.

Meanwhile, Broncos legend and board member Darren Lockyer recently identified star forward Matt Gillett as the man to replace Boyd.

“(Boyd) is signed for this year and next year,” Lockyer told Fairfax Media.

“Going to the frontline is where he will stay. What he wants to do beyond that, no one really knows.

“If Darius wasn’t there past next year, Matt Gillett’s probably the next in line (as captain).”

The news around Boyd and White comes after Seibold on Sunday promised to undertake a top-to-toe review after suffering their worst ever NRL loss in their embarrassing 58-0 flogging to Parramatta.

As the Broncos tumbled out of the finals at Bankwest Stadium on Sunday afternoon, so did a host of unwanted records for the six-time premiers. The result was not only the biggest loss in finals history — eclipsing Newtown’s 55-7 defeat of St George in 1944 — it was also the proud club’s worst ever defeat, shading their 56-0 loss to Canberra in 2009.

The club’s premiership drought is now in its 13th year, the longest in their 31-year history.

Asked about his post-game message to his players, Broncos coach Seibold said: “See ya Wednesday morning,” in what was a reference to their upcoming player reviews.

Seibold refused to mince his words, promising to take the blame for the loss.

“I’m just really disappointed, embarrassed,” Seibold said.

“I can’t toss up any excuses, I’ll wear it. I’m the coach of the club so I’ll take responsibility.

“It’s also my job to fix that. I’ll have a good look at things because in big games, that’s where the Broncos are at at the moment.”

Club legend and Queensland coach Kevin Walters said the loss to the Eels was “humiliating”.

“Very humiliating to be honest with you. It’s just disappointing for everyone who supports the Broncos,” Walters told Sky Sports Radio.

He also said the club has to make some tough decisions because they seem unlikely to improve with their current spine, which includes Boyd in the halves and Anthony Milford at fullback.

“I think it’s unfair for guys like David Fifita and Payne Haas to be carrying this club,” he said.

“That’s what’s happened in the last month of football. They’ve essentially picked the whole team up and dragged them over the line. It’s unfair to put that expectation on these kids.

“They’ve got to have a good look at themselves from the top down to see how they get better Is there any room in their cap to shuffle some players around?”

He said Milford’s move to the back was the wrong one.

“He’s a five-eighth every day of the week for mine,” he said.

“For them to pull him out, that was the start of their downfall.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...TJ5PwDbcGepef53t-JUtg9AQYCj-iuZ7R-WxYNGcFn0ss

IFR33K

Coach
Darius Boyd ‘has captained his last game’: Heads to roll at Broncos after Bankwest humiliation
BRONCOS

• September 16, 2019 11:15am
  • Source: news.com.au
$

Darius Boyd looks to have captained his last game for the Broncos.Source: AAP
Brisbane is reportedly looking for a new captain after reports veteran Darius Boyd will step down from the role immediately.

With the club left embarrassed in the biggest finals beating ever seen in the NRL during Sunday’s loss to Parramatta, reports claim Boyd has already captained the club for the final time.

The former Queensland star has reportedly already been given the hard word by Broncos officials regarding his long-term contract through to the end of the 2021 season.

The out-of-form five-eighth has already declared publicly he has no intent to leave the club before his contract expires, flying in the face of reports the club wants to move him (and his reported $800,000-per-season salary) on.

The uncomfortable situation has now resulted in the club looking for a new captain, according to The Daily Telegraph.

The report claims Boyd has “almost certainly captained the club for the last time”.

Veteran Broncos chief executive Paul White, who famously chased Craig Bellamy to coach the club before the extraordinary furore surrounding Anthony Seibold’s move from South Sydney, is also tipped to stand down.

Meanwhile, Broncos legend and board member Darren Lockyer recently identified star forward Matt Gillett as the man to replace Boyd.

“(Boyd) is signed for this year and next year,” Lockyer told Fairfax Media.

“Going to the frontline is where he will stay. What he wants to do beyond that, no one really knows.

“If Darius wasn’t there past next year, Matt Gillett’s probably the next in line (as captain).”

The news around Boyd and White comes after Seibold on Sunday promised to undertake a top-to-toe review after suffering their worst ever NRL loss in their embarrassing 58-0 flogging to Parramatta.

As the Broncos tumbled out of the finals at Bankwest Stadium on Sunday afternoon, so did a host of unwanted records for the six-time premiers. The result was not only the biggest loss in finals history — eclipsing Newtown’s 55-7 defeat of St George in 1944 — it was also the proud club’s worst ever defeat, shading their 56-0 loss to Canberra in 2009.

The club’s premiership drought is now in its 13th year, the longest in their 31-year history.

Asked about his post-game message to his players, Broncos coach Seibold said: “See ya Wednesday morning,” in what was a reference to their upcoming player reviews.

Seibold refused to mince his words, promising to take the blame for the loss.

“I’m just really disappointed, embarrassed,” Seibold said.

“I can’t toss up any excuses, I’ll wear it. I’m the coach of the club so I’ll take responsibility.

“It’s also my job to fix that. I’ll have a good look at things because in big games, that’s where the Broncos are at at the moment.”

Club legend and Queensland coach Kevin Walters said the loss to the Eels was “humiliating”.

“Very humiliating to be honest with you. It’s just disappointing for everyone who supports the Broncos,” Walters told Sky Sports Radio.

He also said the club has to make some tough decisions because they seem unlikely to improve with their current spine, which includes Boyd in the halves and Anthony Milford at fullback.

“I think it’s unfair for guys like David Fifita and Payne Haas to be carrying this club,” he said.

“That’s what’s happened in the last month of football. They’ve essentially picked the whole team up and dragged them over the line. It’s unfair to put that expectation on these kids.

“They’ve got to have a good look at themselves from the top down to see how they get better Is there any room in their cap to shuffle some players around?”

He said Milford’s move to the back was the wrong one.

“He’s a five-eighth every day of the week for mine,” he said.

“For them to pull him out, that was the start of their downfall.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...TJ5PwDbcGepef53t-JUtg9AQYCj-iuZ7R-WxYNGcFn0ss

How fitting would it be if next week we read a similar article but it’s about the storm and smith.

yy_cheng

Coach
I'm not sure I have seen a better pass than Mahoney to Moses for the try. Incredible.

Also, on Waqa, when I first heard the whisper we may sign him I couldn't believe we would get that lucky. I have always thought he was a gun. I thought he would add a whole new dimension to us. Wow. Panthers management are fools.
I'm sure Hayne and Tim Smith have thrown heaps more pearlers